Generally when we are travelling we like to book a mixture of basic and more comfortable hotels to balance the cost of our holiday. Hotel Sirena was described as being basic but clean, so we thought we would stay here whilst visiting Hvar. However, after our experiences at the hotel, we ended up checking out early.
Positive points about the hotel:
- It is a fantastic location. The beach is quiet, with plenty of places to sunbath and the water is undeniably beautiful.
- Next to the beach is a restaurant which serves lovely food for lunch and dinner.
- It is cheap in comparison to other accomodation in Hvar.
Points to be aware:
- The breakfast included in the price is inedible. It seemed the food had been left out for a long time, and cutlery was not always clean. We ended up walking to the local supermarket each morning to buy our own breakfast.
- The bedrooms are stiflingly hot, both in the day and night. There is no air conditioning or fan. Should you choose to leave the balcony doors open to TRY and get some air circulation, you risk mosquito visitors.
- The bathroom is VERY dated and can be quite smelly. You need to hold the shower head, of which the metal is flaking off.
- If you want warm water, you need to make sure you shower before 7 o'clock in the morning and evening.
- In the hills behind the main hotel are lots of abandoned and vandalised huts, this has a dampening effect on the scenery and appreciation of the location.
- if you choose to walk to the centre of town you are required to walk through a dark tunnel about 200m long. During the day this is okay, but it is not light up until well after dusk. This walk can be quite unnerving and dangerous. Take a torch!
Overall the best description I can give of this hotel is a 1970s University Hall of Residence which has not been updated or rennovated since it was built. I believe visitors of Hvar would be better suited to finding private accomodation, which would give much better value for money.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TripOnline SA, HostelWorld, Travel Republic (UK) and Evoline ltd so you can book your Hotel Sirena reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sirena Hotel Hvar