I have just returned from a 3 day stay in Palmizana. It is a gorgeous gorgeous location - set in the prettiest bay with some wonderful restaurants, very cool bar and the most beautiful beaches and clear blue sea.
The hotel itself is a lovely set up - very rustic and bohemian with wonderful lush gardens and bright vivid colours in the communal restaurant and walkways. the staff are charming and very helpful and cheerful. However the rooms / villa themselves were quite simple. Pretty with lovely colours and furniture but the basics were not quite up to scratch. A few issues:
- the shower was very basic and it was a 'arm hold' style so not very relaxing. IT woudnt take much to put a wall bracket up.
- the hot water was very limited and not explained well enough on arrival. You have to turn on a boiler but nobody told us. It ran out very quickly.
- every single day that we were there the water broke entirely- pump issues. they were resolved quickly but still very frustrating.
- not curtains / blinds/ shutters on windows. made sleep quality not as good as room became very light very early on.
- no sea view. this was not promised but if you cut back a few bit of green it would be visible which would be so appealing
However aside from these small issues we loved it. It just seemed a bit pricey for what we got but I guess you pay a premium for the isolated location.
Would recommend though.
- Also Known As:
- Palmizana Hotel Hvar