Adriana, hvar spa hotel
Hotel Bodul(Stari Grad)
  • Breakfast included
  • Pool
View Hotel
All reviewsrooftop barsalt water poolindoor poolturn down servicemacaroonstop flooroverlooking the harboursister hotelsteam roomrooms are smallperfect locationbuffet breakfastamazing hotelstayed here for two nightsold townyour luggageour honeymoon
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 17 May 2014

Booked our stay at another hotel, just to arrive there and were told the hotel is closed. They sent us to this hotel and all I can say is wow!!! Stayed there for two nights, the hotel is right in the centre, slight scent of lavender throughout the hotel, breakfast was just amazing, the selection of cheese, fruit, home made fresh yogurt, I couldn't wait for breakfast really :) Free wifi always helps, the bar at the terrace with a view over harbor..everything was just amazing. If I ever go back, will defo stay at this hotel.

2  Thank Andreja F
SuncaniHvarHotels, General Manager at Adriana, hvar spa hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 May 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your wonderful review and for being our guest in Hvar. We were especially pleased to read you have enjoyed our breakfast, as Adriana hotel has a strong focus on organic, locally grown food from island farms. We indeed make our own yogurt, cheese, spices, jams and olive oil.

We would be happy to welcome you again in Hvar very soon!

With Best Regards

Reviewed 16 May 2014

Scheduled to be checked in to the Riva Hvar Yacht harbor Hotel, we were informed it was not yet ready for seasonal occupancy and we were diverted to the Adrana... WOW !. Sumptuous room overlooking the harbor. Nice porch in front. One of the better breakfast buffets. Do wish they would label some items as "non-complementary" in the room ( though I now have a story to tell ). Growing up in a Northern climate and of such an age that I remember no AC ( what was that ? ), I usually find room temps of 75 or less to be quite comfortable in the season, I tend to open a window, get the sea breeze, open a bottle of wine and enjoy... and this was a Hotel to do just that.

Dear Guest,

We deeply appreciate your lovely review and are pleased you have enjoyed your stay with us.
If you come again in Hvar, please contact us directly as we would be pleased to welcome you.

With Best Regards,

Reviewed 14 May 2014

We really enjoyed our stay at this hotel. We had a cheaper room - it was small but still had a view of the harbour and I really liked the room and the bathroom. It is in a fantastic location in Hvar Town and the views from the Top Bar and roof terrace were very relaxing. The pool is very nice. The breakfast was really fantastic and the best thing about the hotel is the staff who are lovely, friendly and helpful. I had to complain on one occasion about a food order but the way this complaint was responded to was really good. I also had a top notch massage while at the hotel.

My criticisms would be that it was disappointing that the hotel was not fully operational. The whirlpool was not switched on and I was told this was because it was too early in the season. the top (fifth floor) was not furnished. Both of these are advertised/shown in photos and I think even if it is early int he season a hotel should provide the facilities as advertised. The air conditioning was not working properly despite the fact that it was hot in the rooms. Fellow guests were told that it would not be switched on until later in the season. I don't think this is very good and if I had been at the hotel for more than 2 nights I would have complained. The hotel management need to remember that guests from northern climates might experience heat differently to then and again it felt like being deprived of the hotels full facilities because we had come early in the season. Related to this I was disappointed that while in the relaxation room of the spa work was going on to refurnish an adjoining room - there was a lot of noise but much worse the staff were moving furniture through the relaxation room while I was in there trying to relax. I don't think work like this should be done at all when customers are in the spa. They didn't even attempt to keep the noise down or their voices low. Having been in the spa a few times I know that it was not busy (being early in the season!) and I think they could have waited until I had left - I was only in there for 30 minutes between treatments. I didn't complain at the time as I was trying to relax but this did impair my enjoyment and having been to many spas before I have never experienced anything like this and it is something I think the hotel needs to address if they really want to be considered as a top quality spa. There needs to be a relaxation room which is not a thoroughfare and staff need to remember that being in a spa is not about individual treatments but the whole experience.

1  Thank pie12

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your lovely review and for sharing with us your valuable comments. Your review was shared with all of our Front Office and management team to better understand the impact of operational issues on guest experience, as our focus is your ultimately satisfying 5 star experience.

Thank you once again and we hope to welcome you soon again in Hvar.

Reviewed 4 May 2014 via mobile

My partner and I stayed at this hotel as a result of its reviews and the convenience of its location.

In all fairness we didn't enjoy our stay at this hotel at all. Although it may seem trivial in some examples we have stayed in a lot of hotels and we can only compare to other experiences.

This hotel is considered as a premium hotel for the island however we were disappointed. The room we chose was advertised as 'superior harbour view,. When we entered the room, after being spoken to in a condescending manner by the Butler on how to use our card to operate the electricity...which is blatantly obvious, we discovered our room was the size of a shoe box. The harbour view was present however it was only through a small, poxy window. Pretty disappointed when you expect a decent room and you discover it doesn't even really have much of a view or size.

I subsequently rang room service and asked if we could buy an upgrade. I was told there were no rooms available. The next day I was present in line at the counter when another couple complained for the same reason and we're upgraded. This upset me as trip was for my honeymoon and I wanted to impress my wife.

In the bar - on the first night my wife and I ordered 2 pinacolodas, 20 minutes later, after watching other people seated, ordering and served drinks we received ours. The bar had about 10 people in the whole area. I don't understand why other people who came after us were prioritised and 20 minutes is too long...

The hotel does not provide irons to any guests. Their solution is paying for expensive laundry. I have never stayed at a hotel that doesn't provide this service. Thanks.

The second day when my partner and I ordered 2 cocktails at 12pm the bartender literally rolled her eyes at us. I am not exaggerating it made me feel uncomfortable.

I would not recommend this venue

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Michael M
SuncaniHvarHotels, General Manager at Adriana, hvar spa hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 May 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for sharing this valuable review with us and pointing out to our management where we need immediate improvements before season has started. We have shared your comment with all of our Front Office staff and management team to make sure we avoid situations like that by all means, because even though we can not change technical construction of our rooms, our first focus is to provide our guests with exceptional experiences.

We deeply apologize for failing you this time, and hope we will have a chance to welcome you in the future and exceed all of your expectations.

Reviewed 27 March 2014

Having secured a confirmed reservation and then travelling to Europe, we were informed that the hotel had been overbooked and our confirmed booking had been cancelled - That is totally unacceptable! Let this be a warning to all those that secure a confirmed booking.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
7  Thank Inus P
SuncaniHvarHotels, General Manager at Adriana, hvar spa hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2014

Dear Guest,

We deeply apologize for this one time event that happened and that we honestly could not anticipate. However, when overbooking occurs we do everything to inform our guests in advance, find the same or better accommodation for that day and when possible, offer an upgrade and suitable compensation on the next day. Please accept our sincere apologies and thank you for sharing your experience with us.