“Don't miss this gem of a hotel!”
Review of Villa Nora Hvar

Villa Nora Hvar
Ranked #2 of 16 Hotels in Hvar
Reviewed 31 July 2014

It is a rare find to come across a hotel as lovely as the Villa Nora. We stayed there this past week with our 5 kids, ages 20-27. The rooms are large, beautiful and well-appointed, unusual for Croatia. The most compelling thing though is the staff who truly went out of their way to see that all our needs were met. Natalia, the manager, was outstanding.

We have a blended family of 4 boys and 1 girl. We were given 2 rooms at first, one a 5 person room and the other for my husband and me. Natalia was so gracious and offered our daughter her own room, knowing she was not happy with all the boys. The rooms are in the middle of Hvar town, close to the docks, so the rooms do get noisy but all the music stops at midnight so noise is manageable. We just loved the hotel. Recommend a visit to other parts of the island such as Julna, a quieter part of the island.

Just couldn't leave without mentioning the hotel and staff.

Stayed: July 2014

Reviewed 29 July 2014

It's a rare and special thing when a simple hotel stay becomes one of the highlights of an already very special trip! Villa Nora Hvar was a surprise and a delight at every touchpoint.

When we arrived in the main square, we were met unexpectedly by the young man from the front desk who carried our heavy bags up the several flights of stone steps to the beautiful little street where the hotel was situated (a very welcome treat after a long fairy ride!) We checked in and were shown to a beautiful stone-walled room that looked even more beautiful than the photos we remembered from the website. Everything was immaculate, and such great care had clearly gone into preparing the room. Over the course of the 2 weeks of our trip we stayed in several more expensive / higher luxury hotels than Villa Hvar, but none came close to the ambiance and attention to detail we experienced here.

Already thrilled with our stay, the morning we checked out was really a memorable experience: we mentioned to Natalia at breakfast that we were taking the fairy to Dubrovnik and weren't sure of the time & pickup location: she called the booking office for us, confirmed all of our travel info in great detail, and prepared us a super clear set of instructions. She then brought us extra bread and fruit and bags / napkins so we could pack ourselves a lunch for the boat, because the ride was going to be long and she said she didn't want us to be hungry! She carried our bags down to the square again, and i wanted to hug her.

THEN, it got even better. When I arrived in Dubrovnik later that night I realized that I had left my wallet in the room at Villa Nora Hvar! I figured it was a long shot, but I gave them a call just to see if there was any way I could pay to have the wallet shipped to me back home to avoid canceling all of my cards (and losing the large sum of money inside.) We exchanged info over email so I could be reached at my Dubrovnik hotel to coordinate. Then, something truly amazing happened: I arrived back at my hotel the next night and my wallet was sitting in an envelope on our bed! Apparently Villa Nora Hvar had arranged to have it brought to me by a driver they knew was taking another couple on the car ferry to Dubrovnik that day. No charge, and they refused to let me reimburse them for any costs despite my best efforts over the phone. I won't ever forget that incredible kindness and generosity: they absolutely didn't have to do that for me and I'm so shocked and grateful they did.

I've already told everyone I know that they must MUST find a way to come to Hvar and stay here: it was truly one of the highlights of an already amazing trip, and I cannot wait to come back someday.

1  Thank LinzShelton
Reviewed 26 July 2014

A small stroll off the main square and away from the lively nightlife. Villa Nora is a well managed boutique hotel with spacious rooms and a very good breakfast. Located i. The narrow alleys of this old town surrounded by history and restaurants, be sure to close your windows to dampen any side street sound.

Room Tip: Ask for the larger rooms
Reviewed 22 July 2014

Excellent Hotel at Hvar Town. Villa Nora was the best hotel and our favorite one among all of those that we passed during our 15 days to croatia and bosnia herzegovina trip. You cant get any better than this,
Perfect location just situated 2 walking minutes away from the main square and the docks. A lot of nice restaurants around. Staff very polite and friendly. Rooms very quiet, spacious and comfortable. Excellent Bathroom, Very clean and good towels.
Stayed 3 nights with my wife last may (2014) and we had the best time.
The breakfast is also wonderfull and worth to be mentioned with a lot of fresh and nice food and every day they serve the guests a surprise food given by the staff. If you are going to hvar town, i would deeply recomend this hotel. Very quiet place and at a good price.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 July 2014

Our family spent 4 nights at this small B & B. A staff member met us at the port when we arrived and assisted us with our bags. We had the family suite which was so spacious and immaculately clean. Breakfast was delightful in the basement area restaurant. The only point to make is it can be loud at night with the singing from the restaurant however they stopped early enough that it didn't impact our stay.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 July 2014

This hotel was a wonderful surprise within the old town of Hvar. Our room was a suite on the first with two double doors opening to the balcony. The room was very large, nicely decorated and clean. The bed was the most comfortable we have had throughout Europe and was a king size! We were worried that it may be noisy with the restaurant below but when doors and shutters closed you didn't hear anything! The breakfast was excellent. Our whole experience at this hotel was perfect - all the staff were great but the stand out was Natalie, she was so helpful and friendly. We did not want to leave!

Reviewed 13 July 2014

This boutique hotel was amazing! right in the heart of the old town with beautiful rooms and service. Natalia and Zvone were very helpful staff and offered lots of advice. we were on 3rd floor and had no noise problems when we shut the windows at night. The breakfast every morning on an outdoor patio was incredible - don't miss the breakfast!!