All reviews old town the main square yogurt her sister rooms are large sitting area junior suite cold meats light sleeper laundry done two nights watch the world wonderful hotel amazing hospitality comfortable room perfect location no elevator
Reviewed 29 July 2014

It's a rare and special thing when a simple hotel stay becomes one of the highlights of an already very special trip! Villa Nora Hvar was a surprise and a delight at every touchpoint.

When we arrived in the main square, we were met unexpectedly by the young man from the front desk who carried our heavy bags up the several flights of stone steps to the beautiful little street where the hotel was situated (a very welcome treat after a long fairy ride!) We checked in and were shown to a beautiful stone-walled room that looked even more beautiful than the photos we remembered from the website. Everything was immaculate, and such great care had clearly gone into preparing the room. Over the course of the 2 weeks of our trip we stayed in several more expensive / higher luxury hotels than Villa Hvar, but none came close to the ambiance and attention to detail we experienced here.

Already thrilled with our stay, the morning we checked out was really a memorable experience: we mentioned to Natalia at breakfast that we were taking the fairy to Dubrovnik and weren't sure of the time & pickup location: she called the booking office for us, confirmed all of our travel info in great detail, and prepared us a super clear set of instructions. She then brought us extra bread and fruit and bags / napkins so we could pack ourselves a lunch for the boat, because the ride was going to be long and she said she didn't want us to be hungry! She carried our bags down to the square again, and i wanted to hug her.

THEN, it got even better. When I arrived in Dubrovnik later that night I realized that I had left my wallet in the room at Villa Nora Hvar! I figured it was a long shot, but I gave them a call just to see if there was any way I could pay to have the wallet shipped to me back home to avoid canceling all of my cards (and losing the large sum of money inside.) We exchanged info over email so I could be reached at my Dubrovnik hotel to coordinate. Then, something truly amazing happened: I arrived back at my hotel the next night and my wallet was sitting in an envelope on our bed! Apparently Villa Nora Hvar had arranged to have it brought to me by a driver they knew was taking another couple on the car ferry to Dubrovnik that day. No charge, and they refused to let me reimburse them for any costs despite my best efforts over the phone. I won't ever forget that incredible kindness and generosity: they absolutely didn't have to do that for me and I'm so shocked and grateful they did.

I've already told everyone I know that they must MUST find a way to come to Hvar and stay here: it was truly one of the highlights of an already amazing trip, and I cannot wait to come back someday.

1  Thank LinzShelton
Reviewed 26 July 2014

A small stroll off the main square and away from the lively nightlife. Villa Nora is a well managed boutique hotel with spacious rooms and a very good breakfast. Located i. The narrow alleys of this old town surrounded by history and restaurants, be sure to close your windows to dampen any side street sound.

Room tip: Ask for the larger rooms
Reviewed 22 July 2014

Excellent Hotel at Hvar Town. Villa Nora was the best hotel and our favorite one among all of those that we passed during our 15 days to croatia and bosnia herzegovina trip. You cant get any better than this,
Perfect location just situated 2 walking minutes away from the main square and the docks. A lot of nice restaurants around. Staff very polite and friendly. Rooms very quiet, spacious and comfortable. Excellent Bathroom, Very clean and good towels.
Stayed 3 nights with my wife last may (2014) and we had the best time.
The breakfast is also wonderfull and worth to be mentioned with a lot of fresh and nice food and every day they serve the guests a surprise food given by the staff. If you are going to hvar town, i would deeply recomend this hotel. Very quiet place and at a good price.

Date of stay: May 2014
Reviewed 18 July 2014

Our family spent 4 nights at this small B & B. A staff member met us at the port when we arrived and assisted us with our bags. We had the family suite which was so spacious and immaculately clean. Breakfast was delightful in the basement area restaurant. The only point to make is it can be loud at night with the singing from the restaurant however they stopped early enough that it didn't impact our stay.

Date of stay: June 2014
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 17 July 2014

This hotel was a wonderful surprise within the old town of Hvar. Our room was a suite on the first with two double doors opening to the balcony. The room was very large, nicely decorated and clean. The bed was the most comfortable we have had throughout Europe and was a king size! We were worried that it may be noisy with the restaurant below but when doors and shutters closed you didn't hear anything! The breakfast was excellent. Our whole experience at this hotel was perfect - all the staff were great but the stand out was Natalie, she was so helpful and friendly. We did not want to leave!