Book In Advance

from US$2,818.09
from US$69.01
from US$149.53
More Info
All reviews buggy safari sea urchins wine tasting off road national park boat trip prosciutto holiday package motor yacht secluded cove wonderful trip snorkel gear beautiful island mussels old town lumbarda captain
Reviewed 13 October 2018

I booked a buggy ride for my family of 5 adults through VIATOR and they booked it through Korcula-Adventures. I booked it well in advance of our vacation in September 2018.

On the morning of our Buggy excursion, as soon as our cruise ship docked in Korcula, I called the number on my Viator receipt to determine where to meet the group.

I was told by the driver that he could not talk because he was driving but he did text me. He said my reservations were canceled because the cruise ships booked out the rest of their buggies. Even though I had prepaid for 5 buggies weeks in advance of this trip. Even the driver said the practice was not fair.

I know that based on how much the cruise ship charged for this same tour ($169) that they probably got less money from the people who booked through VIATOR ($78 per person) - which is why I booked thru Viator. However, Korcula-Adventures did not honor my prepaid reservations and my family was left with nothing planned to do in Korcula.

I am very angry with both VIATOR and KORCULA-ADVENTURES for ruining what I understand to be a great day trip.

The people on my cruise who went for the Buggy Ride, said it was very fun and there were at least a few unused Buggies. My family should have been on those buggies.

Viator said they emailed me to cancel this excursion the day before our 10am adventure,
However, we were in Kotor, Montenegro the day before we arrived in Korcula, and we had no phone or data service. I did receive a full refund from Viator but I wanted the Buggy Ride, not a refund.

I will be very hesitant to book anything now through Viator or Korcula-Adventures ever again.

Date of experience: September 2018
korcula-adventures, Owner at Korcula Adventures, responded to this reviewResponded 10 December 2018

Thank you for your comment we are also sincerely sad that your family, unfortunately, could not participate in our fun-filled buggy tour on that particular day when mega cruise ship hits the tiny korcula island, as Cruise ship company reserve the EXCLUSIVE right as per contract with Vendor from Dubrovnik to prebook entire buggy capacity. As I stated on my email response to you and Viator the entire buggy stock is reserved exclusively by the Cruise ship company for that particular day as the company how is selling the excursions/ Unfortunately not us as owners/, for your cruise have a contract with us.
As the Cruise ship has the EXCLUSIVE Priority to sell the tour on the shore - ex-desk you should purchase the buggy tour on the shore excursion desk onboard like all other guests how did participate. I mean it is all done for the benefits of all fellow guests from a cruise ship for this particular day to enjoy exclusively shore excursions.As you stated yourself in your negative comment above You were looking for a cheaper solution and found on internet Viator travel.
The conclusion and common sense would be that it is the Shore excursion and the Crusie ship you should be blaming for NOT ALLOWING to resell the same product outside the cruise ship.

Reviewed 24 August 2018 via mobile

Today my partner and I attended the Snorkel and Buggy Tour, although overall we had a good time and enjoyed the Winery there were some slight disappointments which I have listed below:

- Itinerary said we would be picked up in a Mercedes Benz Van instead we were picked up in an old Ford Transit van with a dodgy door that wouldn’t open and a grumpy driver
- Due to the dusty trails I think it would be beneficial to provide masks and/or goggles of some description. Our tour leader wore a mask for a reason and I felt the rest of the group should have had the opportunity to wear one. Everyone literally turned white from the amount of dust that was flying through the air
- Light refreshments was misleading. There were a few comments during the tour on where the light refreshments were, I think this wording should be removed to avoid confusion. The only option for food was to buy from a canteen at the beach
- Lunch on the tour would be a nice addition
- Snorkelling beach lacked marine life. We were lucky to see fish of any noticeable size

Once the tour ended there was no thank you for attending or any pleasantries exchanged. We just listened to one of the tour operators yell down the phone to the transfer driver and then called us to get into the van. Odd experience and better customer service needed.

I think the experience has potential. Buggy’s are in good condition, easy to drive and the snorkel gear was of decent quality however room for improvement overall.

Thanks for having us

Reviewed 21 August 2018

We spent a week enjoying the wonderful hospitality of Zoran, his wife and the kind people that he employs to work with him. 6 of us (2 adults and 4 kids - aged 8 to 13) were looked after extremely well. We were accommodated in a lovely air-conditioned apartment over two floors with lots of space for all of us in the centre of Lumbarda, on Korčula.

Our holiday included the airport transfers from Dubrovnik in an air conditioned minibus, and lunch part way through the journey there. We were provided with breakfast and lunch at the Captains house, a ten minute taxi ride away - food and fares included in the holiday price. There was an activity included every day - kayaking, snorkelling, boat trips to national parks, buggy rides with wine tasting, swimming. We didn't take advantage of the mountain bikes (also included in the price).

The day typically started by being picked up at 9 for breakfast (fruit, cereal, yoghurt, bread, eggs plus daily specials like croissant, crepes or sausages) Activities started at about 10. We were usually back for lunch just after 2 pm (different every day - hand made pasta, risotto, chicken etc plus desert). Then we were free to do whatever we wanted for the rest of the day. In our case this generally involved the beach and waterpark (think inflatables) for the kids and a 'convenient' vantage point from the beach bar for the grown-ups. For the longer excursions to the national parks, lunch was on board the boat, and the return time was later.

One of the benefits of the holiday was that almost all of the decisions were made for us, which takes a lot of strain off the arrangements for the day. Our toughest choice was where to go for dinner - there are a small number of good restaurants in Lumbarda itself, as well as pizza places and ice cream parlours in the town. On two of the evenings we went into Korčula old town - an historical fascinating walled town. On one occasion we ate there and on another occasion we went to see a traditional sword dance.

We did elect to skip out of one of the days activities and we stayed in Lumbarda town. We turned down Zoran's kind offer of bringing breakfast to us and instead purchased some bits and pieces in the local supermarkets. There are also farmers stalls selling the most wonderful fresh produce. We spent the day on the beach, in the aqua park and at the beach bar.

For the kids, the highlights included tasting sea urchin fresh from the sea, all of the activities, especially snorkelling and even meeting an octopus face to face!

I have noticed a couple of negative reviews on the site, and can't help but comment on them. We were there at just about the busiest time of the season and, yes, the crew was occasionally stretched a little, but for us this was in no way an inconvenience and we just went with the flow. I'd far sooner have the friendly, hospitable and attentive service that Zoran and his team achieve the rest of the time rather than "perfection" delivered by corporate robots.

This was our first activity holiday and we all thoroughly enjoyed it. We would certainly consider it for a return trip and would recommend it to other people looking for a similar experience.

1  Thank Alex D
Reviewed 16 August 2018 via mobile

My husband and I were staying in a hotel in Korcula town, and the hotel booked us a snorkel boat trip on th Monday. Someone was to collect us at 10.15. No one turned up.
The hotel contacted the company, who at first blamed the driver, who in turn blamed the owner.
However we were told we would be booked on the same trip the next day.
Exactly the same thing happened no one turned up. There was also a girl from Australia waiting too. Again the hotel contacted the company. Apparently it had been cancelled because of a “big marine accident”. If this was so you would think the company would have contacted clients.
We had 2 days where we could have organised something instead of waiting around. Obviously we cancelled any further bookings with this company.
I had read previous reviews which were favourable, however if you are not based in Lumbarda don’t hold your breath, regarding the reliance of this company. Disgusted.

Date of experience: August 2018
zoran_franotovic, Owner at Korcula Adventures, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2018

Dear Kathy,

Thank you for your comment, we will definitely take it constructively.

This thing happened in real: as you stated on the first pick up it was a miscommunication with our chauffeur cause of the traffic jams in main summer season and on the second day it came to sudden family emergency unfortunately to one of our skippers close family members, so all of our tours where cancelled and respective receptionist was informed on timely manner in your Hotel. / Not a big Marine accident as you or receptionist in your Hotel described it./

This thing happened in everybody lives, So all we can say that we are really sorry that you did not manage to participate in our fun snorkeling excursion this time.

Regards

Owner
Zoran Franotovic
korcula adventures

Reviewed 30 July 2018

Our family stayed in a villa in Lumbarda, Korcula Is. Our oceanfront villa was modern a well set out with all the amenities and a great balcony for bbqs and lounging about. There are boat day-trips every day but also plenty to do locally including mountain biking and buggies (try your best to not time your biking while there's a buggy tour!). Zoran, Blaza and family run the operation and the only option is to just let things happen around you, there's always a few surprises. We were supplied with bikes and a car to use at will for our stay which meant we could discover all the sights Korcula has to offer. They are really lovely people and we would definitely recommend it for families looking to keep everyone active and interested.

Date of experience: July 2018