“Four Stars Acting Like Five”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Hotel Osijek

Hotel Osijek
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Osijek
Portland, OR
“Four Stars Acting Like Five”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 July 2013

This hotel is a huge, recent building soaring out of a small city of older buildings and in sharp contrast with the city in every way. Natasha in the reception is brilliant! There are several men also working the reception. They are intense and serious, yet extremely professional and helpful. It is the first time in a larger hotel that we have been addressed by name. Everyone, it seems, works a 24-hour shift.

The breakfast buffet is ample and appropriate for this part of Croatia, and there is a young breakfast attendant who was very attentive the first morning, assuring us that he would serve our coffee, and offering refills. He was not in the restaurant the next morning, and the three gentlemen who were there served some tables coffee, and completely ignored the two tables in our area. That's the reason for the drop in a "service" score.

If Osijek is your destination, this is the place to stay!

Room Tip: High, and facing the Drava River
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
  • Polish first
  • Serbian first
  • Turkish first
Sault Ste. Marie, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 July 2013

This 5 star hotel is located on the river Drava. We requested the room facing the river and did not have any problems getting what we wanted. The rooms are very clean, but if you are expecting a queen bed it will be two twin beds pushed together. The view that we had from the 8th floor was amazing. The staff was very friendly and they all seem to know us by name instead of our room number. The restaurant staff was very friendly and very helpful. The breakfast in the morning was amazing. We wish we could have stayed longer. We actually felt that the hotel staff were treating us as friends which is nice when you are so far away from home. We hope to go back soon.

Room Tip: river facing rooms have great views
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank ladykatherine1967
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 June 2013 via mobile

I stayed at the hotel during a bussines trip. The staff is very nice, helpful and friendly. The view from the room is excellent, while the rooms are basic but comfortable. The food was good as well the restauran's ambience.
Overall a nice stay and the price is acceptable.

• Stayed June 2013
Zagreb
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2013

I wasI was lucky to have a room on 10th floor so I was able to enjoy the magnificent view to river Drava, its bridges and the longest and the most beautiful river promenade in Croatia. Hotel is located in the centre of city and pedestrian zone. warmth and kindness will make your stay a series of memorable experiences. Hotel’s gastronomic offer will enriched my impression, and the staff is friendly and helpful. It was a business trip, so i had time only to visit the old town Tvrdja and secession architecture of the main street, but it was great spent time. I can recomend this hotel to everyone, whether for business or private visitors.

Room Tip: Higher floors have better view.
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
Birmingham, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 February 2013 via mobile

The hotel is situated near to where I had my business dealings which meant that I didn’t have to do a lot of walking to get to where I wanted, the staff there were great and very accommodating and kept me occupied while I was feeling bored and have had really nice time conversing with the staff there.

The food was a problem but that was because of my dietaries but they managed to facilitate to my dietary and that to me was enough for me to feel at home.

My room was nice and cosy, with the usual suspects of TV etc nothing out of the norm pretty much bog standard, the view would of been awesome but that is because I was there in Feb 2012 and it was -20 with the snow making it freezing to enjoy what could of been a good view, from my room I could see a lot of things but the snow covered most and to be fair my room was just constantly warm which was one of the good things about my stay here, if it was any bad I would of definitely cut my short stay even shorter but it was just perfect.

I would recommend this place as the staff there are very welcoming, attentitive and most importantly very accommodating, keep up the good work guys.

• Stayed March 2012
1 Thank FoodWizz
Copenhagen, Denmark
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 February 2013 via mobile

Clean, conveniently located, with very polite and professional staff. My room had a river view, adding to overall experience. Food is very good, as well. Generally, this is your place to stay when visiting Osijek/ Slavonia.

• Stayed January 2013
Also consider these accommodations in or near Osijek
Hotel Waldinger
#1 of 1 in Dakovo
Hotel Villa Lenije
Hotel Villa Lenije
#1 of 6 in Vinkovci

Been to Hotel Osijek? Share your experiences!