“Efficient and adequate”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Hotel Lovac

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Pazin
Hotel Lovac
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Pazin
London, United Kingdom
“Efficient and adequate”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 October 2013

As of October 2013, I think this place may have been renovated, comparing our experience to the reviews here. The room was tiny, but met the newest fashions for hotel rooms, with leather cube furniture and a built in room heater it took us a half an hour to figure out how to use. It was also spotless. The bath room was something out of a catalog, and it had beautiful water pressure and beautifullly HOT water - not easy to do when you are heating water for 20+ rooms. and the bed! Oh my goodness, the bed! Sweet, easy, restful sleep; I floated on the mattress.

The hotel is understaffed. There was one woman on hotel duty the saturday night that we were there, and she tried not to be impatient with us but there were two weddings going on (very loud till 5 AM, I might add). She did try very hard to be helpful, but she didn't know anything about attractions in the area that we asked about and she had no time to spare us between helping with the weddings and apparently running the entire hotel side by herself.

Gorge-side, the views are amazing!!!! I mean lots of !!!! really beautiful. The restaurant is nicely designed to show the view to best effect.

We repeatedly heard about the restaurant, but the food we had was terrible. I ordered beef soup, and it tasted strongly of fake chicken boullion. My husband got risotto and it was mush flavored with something that might have been shrimp....our entress (his fish, mine turkey) were both overcooked. My salad was a tired lump of iceberg. We were there on a package that required us to order from two options on a prix fixe menu, but to be fair I saw many beautiful-looking pizzas sail by.

Long story short, it's fine. Don't expect wonderful.

Room Tip: It might only be that the rooms on the top floor or only the land-side rooms are renovated, so you m...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Kira S

Solo
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Brussels, Belgium
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 January 2012

I stayed in this motel only one night last summer. It is an old hotel which needs heavy renovation works. Rooms and bathrooms are small but clean enough. There is no air-con in the rooms, but I have to say that I did not suffer from the heat while sleeping. Staff is very friendly. I also had dinner at the motel restaurant: food is just ok, but the view is definitively amazing. Location is fine if you have a car, but if you rely on public transport (bus), be ready for a 30 min walk as bus station is at the opposite corner of the village.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
Springfield, Missouri
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 November 2011

We happened upon this hotel late at night. Upon walking into our room, we saw a bug on the curtains. After killing that bug, I stepped back to hear a "crunch" under foot. Looking down, I found crushed a decent-sized scorpion! We requested a different room and were transferred to a room which smelled so strongly of bleach that it was as if a homicide scene had just been cleaned. We immediately checked out, never to return.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with friends

Been to Hotel Lovac? Share your experiences!