Never been to Croatia before but just spent an amazing week at this hotel. We arrived at 11.30am and were allocated our room immediately despite check in being 2pm.
First impressions were good - the room was larger than expected including two single beds pushed together and a separate single bed, desk and chair, mini bar, spacious balcony, plenty of hanging and shelf space, safe, bedside cabinets and a clean bathroom with shower, bath and complimentary toiletries and hair drier.
Location wise it was good and in beautiful surroundings of pine forests with red squirrels and various other wildlife. It's about a 15-20 min coastal walk to Porec centre. Or you can get the 'noddy' tourist train from Brulo which is pretty regular.
The food at the hotel was very good and far better than I have experienced at previous buffet style half board hotels. There is a huge variety catering for different tastes. Drinks are not included so you either pay each time or have them charged to your room to pay at the end.
The staff were very polite and helpful. Use of the "please clean" or "do not disturb" sign outside the room was always respected by cleaning staff who made the beds and replaced toilet rolls, towels and toiletries without disturbing any of your things in the room.
The pool and bar areas are well maintained and there are various sunbathing areas located along the coastline although no sandy beaches, they are paved areas with rocky coves.
Excursions not to be missed while you are there are Best of Istria which included a visit to the amphitheatre in Pula and a 3 course dinner in a lovely remote hillside restaurant, Plitvice Lakes (not for those with walking difficulties due to slippery paths and many stairs) and Lake Bled in Slovenia which is more accessible due to better paths and flatter terrain. These locations must be seen to be appreciated and are pretty spectacular. Gullivers Travels are highly recommended with very knowledgeable local guides.
All in all I fell for Croatia in a big way and would love to return. I will be singing its praises to anyone who listens!
Valamar Crystal is an excellent choice of hotel and to those making negative comments, I can only assume these are the type of people who aren't happy unless they're finding faults, as I really could not complain about anything. I would be happy to stay again and to recommend it to others.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Guarded by the deep shade of pine trees, the Valamar Crystal Hotel and its great variety of family rooms, animation activities, playgrounds and innovative entertainment programmes represent an ideal choice for a fun packed family vacation. Take a short walk or a tourist train ride to the centre of Porec to discover its rich heritage or relax by the pool or nearby beach while your children enjoy the wonders of Maro Club. For a great gastronomic experience visit the show cooking buffet restaurant. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, LoveHolidays, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Valamar Crystal reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Valamar Crystal Hotel Porec
- Kristal Hotel Porec
- Kristal Hotel Valamar Crystal