“Soooooo good!”

Tin Top Restaurant & Oyster Bar
Ranked #1 of 1 Restaurants in Bon Secour
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Private Dining, Reservations
Reviewed 11 August 2014

Tin Top was referred to us by the guys we went bay fishing with and they were right in telling us it is worth the drive. It is off the beaten path but we will go back there again for sure!! Their food was good and the service was too. Don't pass this restaurant up!

Reviewed 9 August 2014

We recently had dinner at the Tin Top and enjoyed it. We were looking for fresh seafood and my husband wanted to try oysters on the half shell for the first time. Several people had suggested we try the Tin Top. The restaurant is located in Bon Secour near the river and shrimp boats - I would suggest anyone to take the time to drive on back to the river to see them - great photo opportunity as well. Anyway I had the pecan encrusted grouper which was fairly tasty and my husband had his oysters on the half shell as well as a dinner of Seafood Pasta which he loved. We also dined with three teens who also had a seafood pasta, a burger and a grilled fish. Everyone enjoyed their meal. My only complaint is that the inside of the restaurant is quite dark but it is a neat place. Luckily it was early in the evening when we went and it was not crowded. If it was a packed house the seating seemed a little close together. Dinner, two appetizers, two beers was around $120 not including a tip. This is the average cost of a seafood dinner in the area, I would recommend that you try it if you are in the Gulf Shores area!

Reviewed 8 August 2014

We found Tin Top during our visit to GS in 2012 and knew we would return this trip. Started with fried green tomatoes tin top which are the best! I could make a meal off those alone. We also had stuffed mushrooms which were delicious. I orderd the tin top seafood platter and two or three people could have eaten off this huge meal and the collard greens are absolutely the best! My mouth waters just thinking about how good they are! Our server Shawn was on top of things and was very friendly and welcoming. I would eat at Tin Top at least weekly if I lived in this area and will definetly return during our next visit to GS!

1  Thank CALloves2travel
Reviewed 4 August 2014

My husband and I went for lunch today (8/4) and had no wait at all. We got there about 1:00. We shared the fried cab claws and they were far superior to others we have had in the area- a bit pricey but well worth it. We had the oyster po boy and fish platter. Both excellent and fairly priced. Service was good and atmosphere was friendly and clean.

1  Thank carolri
Reviewed 3 August 2014 via mobile

Had lunch ideal time to go because you can get really good food at a good price steak, salad, and a side $10 but you got to get fried green tomatoes they are so good!!!! Night time is double the price are more and I loved the little drive out to it where you go by the school, give it a shot