“Awesome Food”

Tin Top Restaurant & Oyster Bar
Ranked #1 of 1 Restaurants in Bon Secour
Cuisines: American, Bar, Seafood
Good for: Child-friendly, Kids, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
calera, al
“Awesome Food”
Reviewed 14 August 2014

If you get the chance to eat here, don't miss it! The saute'ed crab claws are one of the best things I've ever eaten! Everything I've ever eaten here is good..even the lima beans are special!

• Visited July 2014

Mount Pleasant, Texas
“Soooooo good!”
Reviewed 11 August 2014

Tin Top was referred to us by the guys we went bay fishing with and they were right in telling us it is worth the drive. It is off the beaten path but we will go back there again for sure!! Their food was good and the service was too. Don't pass this restaurant up!

• Visited July 2014
Lexington, KY
“Good seafood, excellent service, worth the drive!”
Reviewed 9 August 2014

We recently had dinner at the Tin Top and enjoyed it. We were looking for fresh seafood and my husband wanted to try oysters on the half shell for the first time. Several people had suggested we try the Tin Top. The restaurant is located in Bon Secour near the river and shrimp boats - I would suggest anyone to take the time to drive on back to the river to see them - great photo opportunity as well. Anyway I had the pecan encrusted grouper which was fairly tasty and my husband had his oysters on the half shell as well as a dinner of Seafood Pasta which he loved. We also dined with three teens who also had a seafood pasta, a burger and a grilled fish. Everyone enjoyed their meal. My only complaint is that the inside of the restaurant is quite dark but it is a neat place. Luckily it was early in the evening when we went and it was not crowded. If it was a packed house the seating seemed a little close together. Dinner, two appetizers, two beers was around $120 not including a tip. This is the average cost of a seafood dinner in the area, I would recommend that you try it if you are in the Gulf Shores area!

• Visited August 2014
Booneville, Arkansas
“Great food and great service!”
Reviewed 8 August 2014

We found Tin Top during our visit to GS in 2012 and knew we would return this trip. Started with fried green tomatoes tin top which are the best! I could make a meal off those alone. We also had stuffed mushrooms which were delicious. I orderd the tin top seafood platter and two or three people could have eaten off this huge meal and the collard greens are absolutely the best! My mouth waters just thinking about how good they are! Our server Shawn was on top of things and was very friendly and welcoming. I would eat at Tin Top at least weekly if I lived in this area and will definetly return during our next visit to GS!

• Visited August 2014
1 Thank CALloves2travel
fulshear tx
“Best crab claws ever!!!”
Reviewed 4 August 2014 via mobile

My husband and I went for lunch today (8/4) and had no wait at all. We got there about 1:00. We shared the fried cab claws and they were far superior to others we have had in the area- a bit pricey but well worth it. We had the oyster po boy and fish platter. Both excellent and fairly priced. Service was good and atmosphere was friendly and clean.

Visited August 2014