“A wonderful week in beautiful Rabac”
Review of Hotel Miramar

Hotel Miramar
Ranked #2 of 13 Hotels in Rabac
Trieste, Italy
“A wonderful week in beautiful Rabac”
Reviewed 19 May 2014

We arrived at Rabac for the sailing regatta. Searching for accommodation they sent us in Miramar hotel, where we had an apartment with a perfect view. We were pleasantly surprised!
Huge apartment with two balconies overlooking the sea and forest.
It is near the center, but is very peaceful and quiet. We have a very good rest.
The hotel personnel was very helpful, the cleaning lady too, we got everything we needed.

Peaceful and very comfortable place to stay that we recommend to all...

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Sasha R
Zoran R, General Manager at Hotel Miramar, responded to this review, 21 May 2014
Dear Mr. Sasha,

thank you for taking the time to write such a lovely review. Receiving your compliments on behalf of all aspects of your stay are of great pleasure and pride to the whole Miramar team and myself.
I am happy you liked our beautiful little resort and hope you enjoyed the sailing regatta.
It is my pleasure knowing we met all your needs and demands and that your week passed in just a perfect, relaxing atmosphere.

Should you ever need our service, help or just an information again, please do not hesitate to contact me directly.

Kind regards,
Zoran Rajković

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
  • Czech first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
  • Serbian first
Zaandam, The Netherlands
Reviewed 12 February 2014

Hee friends from Miramar,

Last august I spend my holiday with my daughter in Miramar. Everybody was very friendly and
thanks to them we had a great time. The interest from the manager and his partner in the
guests was very special. The food, cleaning and service very good. The area is very nice.
A little walk and you are on te beach with the boulevard with bars, restaurants and shops.
We already booked your hotel and hope to see you all back in july.

Mirjam Kee and Rosalie van Zanen

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Mirjam K
Zoran R, General Manager at Hotel Miramar, responded to this review, 13 February 2014
Dear Mrs. Mirjam,

How very kind of you to take the time to write such a lovely review and we all greatly appreciate your time. I am delighted that you liked all aspects of your stay from the hotel itself to the staff, location and it is rewarding to hear that you will return again.

We look forward to welcoming you back and please do not hesitate to contact us if we can be of assistance at any time.

My kindest regards,
Reviewed 10 October 2013

My boyfriend and I enjoyed a relaxed week here toward the end of the season. For a three star hotel, our room was lovely. It had a sea view balcony, a settee and enough cupboard space for our one week stay (although the storage space might have been insufficient if we were staying any longer).

The food was of a good standard. Breakfast was varied with cooked meats and eggs, pancakes, fresh fruit and lovely bread on offer. Dinner was also good; we especially enjoyed the fish dishes and pizza and we felt there was as much variety as one could expect from a three star hotel. As other guests have commented, dinner was a bit of a squeeze because the tables are close together but people happily tuck their chairs in if they notice you're struggling to get through!

The hotel is in a great location, just a two minute walk to the sea and a five/ten minute walk to Rabac village centre with good restaurants and interesting stalls along the way. It is also possible to walk to Labin, the nearest town. It took us approximately an hour from the beginning of the walking trail (by the football pitch at the camp site in Rabac) and would thoroughly recommend it -there are stunning views, streams and a waterfall. Good walking shoes are a must though because it is rough under foot!

All in all we had a great holiday and would definitely return!

3 Thank Frances P
Zoran R, General Manager at Hotel Miramar, responded to this review, 11 October 2013
Dear Guest,

Many thanks for taking the time to leave your kind words and observations following your recent stay at Miramar. I was delighted that you and your partner enjoyed all the smaller details we take pride in offering our guests and that you had a wonderful and relaxing week with us. As I always do I have passed on your lovely words to my team who take so much pride in ensuring that all of our guests only receive the very best in service. I am happy you explored the resort and enjoyed your walks and strolls around our beautiful Rabac.

As for the dining hall, we are currently considering several solutions as on how to avoid similar situations from occuring again in the future and rest assured that the same will be improved for the next season.

Please do come and visit us again soon. Once again many thanks.

My kindest regards,
Carlisle, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 October 2013

My wife & I stayed here (unfortunately) for two weeks 21st September/5th October, I read the reports on your site & due to the reviews I booked this holiday
What a disappointment, the room we were allocated was small, very little storage room for clothes etc,in fact only one drawer in the room, no room for a seat of any kind.
The food was very poor & repetitive, limited starters, same main courses for up to three nights in succession, & the same sweets every night for the full fortnight.
The canteen ( sorry Restaurant) is too small, if you were sitting back to back with anyone( which in most cases you were) & wanted to get up from your table it was very difficult due to the restricted legroom.
The entertainment was mediocre to say the least, Bingo night consisted of one game, music quiz night consisted of 10 questions, & only one singer in the whole two weeks was reasonable.
I'm sorry to say this was not a good experience & I would not recommend this hotel to anyone.

3 Thank albert b
Zoran R, General Manager at Hotel Miramar, responded to this review, 7 October 2013
Dear Mr. Bosward,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review. We welcome all feedback as an opportunity to learn and improve our quality standards. We were disappointed to learn that on this occasion we failed to meet your expectations.

It is disappointing to read that you did not enjoy your time with us and that we did not have the opportunity to address specific issues during your time here. It is from feedback that guests give us that we try and improve the service at the hotel. Please rest assured that your comments have already been shared with my management team.

I fully understand your disappointment on this occasion however I do hope that we have the occasion to welcome you back to Rabac and Miramar Hotel.

Best regards,
Staffordshire
Reviewed 3 October 2013

This is the second valamar hotel we have been to and have experienced the same problem that seems common to their hotels.
The hotel is in a good position and the view from our rooms was amazing.
The big problem is the restaurant! the hotel has had large extensions built on (as most valamar hotels have) but the restaurant has not been enlarged and cannot cope with the amount of guests.
Although the management has tried to help by having two sittings for dinner you still have to queue up outside the dinning room and wait to be shown to a table when one becomes vacant, one night I counted 28 guests waiting outside for a table.
The tables are so tight together that it's impossible to sit at some unless you are a small child.
Our table was hardly ever cleared, we had to stack all the plates up on the corner.
Another guest described it as a cattle market.
All the other British guests we spoke to said how bad it was, one elderly couple told us that they were finding it impossible.
The manager we spoke to about it agreed that it was a problem and that the restaurant needed enlarging, this is an excuse we have been told before.
During our second week we had to start to eat out.
You need to go back to June & July to see accurate reviews of this hotel as nothing has changed since then.
I feel that Valamar need to understand that it's expensive for Brit's to visit Croatia (as most other guests at the hotel are European and had driven there,) and that we would expect better.
Rabac is a purpose made resort and has good bars and some good restaurants, it's great to sit at one of these harbour side bars on the evening sipping cocktails.
Rabac has no old town parts but nearby Labin makes up for this and is an easy bus ride away.
In the main square at Labin the Velo Kafe does lovely simple snacks at very good prices.
The better restaurants in Rabac are Lino's , Gostionica Prstenac (both are along the main walkway) and the Miramare which is at the end of the harbour.
We have been to Croatia before, it's a very clean country (no litter anywhere) and we feel quite safe to walk around day and night, if we go again we will make sure to avoid this hotel chain.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank StaffordshireFreddy
Stoke on trent, staffs
Reviewed 25 September 2013

We have just returned from a lovely holiday at the miramar - from the moment we walked in the staff were really friendly and happy to see us - the hotel was very clean and the food was good I would recommend this hotel to anyone. The food caters for people from many different countries but was very varied and good. We have not been to Croatia before but we are thinking of booking again for next year - loved the Miramar would go back there

Room Tip: We had a balcony high up overlooking the sea - what a lovely view each morning
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Zoran R, General Manager at Hotel Miramar, responded to this review, 26 September 2013
Dear Ms. Bernadette,

thank you for your short and lovely review of your stay in Miramar Hotel.

It is wonderful to read that you had a nice relaxing break, which you would love to repeat as well as recommend to anyone. I truly appreciate your kind comments regarding our staff, food quality and cleanliness. We definitely look forward to your return.

Should you need any information or further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me directly.

P.S. If you see Robbie Williams please send him regards from the whole Miramar team. :-)

Reading, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 September 2013

So i've just come back from a week in Rabac with my boyfriend where we stayed in the Hotel Miramar & it was just a wonderful relaxing week away.When we arrived @ the hotel we were greeted by Zoran the manager on duty who was very helpful & pleasent & he upgraded our room.My first impression of the hotel was how clean it was & very pretty marble reception area,all the hotel staff were very pleasent & helpful & especially Suzana who kept our room in tip top shape the week we were there.We had breakfast & dinner included in our package,but had to pay for lunch which was cheap & cheerful.The area itself was lovely & quaint,beautiful scenery & very clean area aswell,it was nice to stroll up & down the promenade & look @ all that was on offer to buy or stop in one of the many restaurants for a spot of lunch or a few cocktails,i would definitely recommend Rabac & Hotel Miramar for a chilled out relaxing getaway & soak up some of the beautiful sites it has to offer,i hope they never go into the EURO because it is so cheap there.........

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Zoran R, General Manager at Hotel Miramar, responded to this review, 25 September 2013
Dear Guest,

thank you very much for taking a moment to write a review on Miramar Hotel and for making it your holiday destination while in Rabac, Croatia.

It is a pleasure to read you had a wonderful and relaxing week with us. Thank you for the compliments on my behalf and on behalf of my staff, especially Suzana and housekeeping department. I am glad you were satisfied with how well she kept your room clean and rest assured that I will pass your kind words to her and that she will be praised for it.

I am happy you explored the resort and enjoyed your walks and strolls around our beautiful Rabac, and had a good time in nearby restaurants and cocktail bars. Beside that, all for very affordable, even cheap prices, still in 'Kuna' currency. :)

Also, many thanks for the wonderful photos of our hotel and of Rabac that you posted.

I remain at your service and look forward to having you back!

Warm regards,