Monument to fallen fighters and victims of Fascist terror
Review Highlights

from US$130.58
from US$130.58
from US$102.50
More Info
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 1 October 2018 via mobile

After visiting St. Eiphemia's Church and returning to the Bis Station, I decided to walk on the opposite direction. This was where I found this park, children playground and other attractions of Rovinj.

This park has two huge busts of famous men. There is also a tall square monument that I presumed to stand for something.

Bigger boats were docked near here during my visit.

Reviewed 1 October 2018 via mobile

The memorial is appropriate but the presentation is a little too artsy for me. Studying the facade gives deep insight to the challenges faced by the locals. Worth a looksee.

Reviewed 24 July 2018

Not the most interesting or beautiful monument but a good place to start a tour of this lovely town.

Reviewed 21 May 2018 via mobile

Feel that the serious and sombre message within this memorial is kind of lost somewhat by the abstractness of the monument , but then that's just an opinion, and it is, after all , a poignant reminder of how lives are lost to war and terrorism.
I would say not a memorial to specifically seek out, but if you're at the southerly market end of the town then you'll surely come across it.

1  Thank alibats61
Reviewed 7 August 2017

As we returned to our coach,we all stopped for a drink by the cafe situated across the road from this sculpture.There were several older gentleman dressed in suits and their was a marching band nearby too.I walked over and got a photo and the cafe owner later explained that it was a Monument paying respect to victims of terror and war.This sculpture can be found a really short distance from the market and on the right as you enter Rovinj.

3  Thank shane s
Reviewed 26 September 2016

When we visit Rovinj, we always stop at the Monument to fallen fighters and victims of Fascist terror. We mustn't forget the history if we won't to make the same mistakes in the future. Anyway, it's nice piece of art.

Reviewed 11 August 2016

During 1945 and 1946, fascism faced strong opposition and many lives were lost. So, that their sacrifice should never be forgotten, This monument commemorates the victims and others who strongly opposed the fascists.

The monument was designed by Ivan Sabolic and it was constructed in 1956.
A translation of the dedication on the bottom of the memorial says:
"fallen soldiers and victims fascist terror"

1  Thank on_the_go_98765
Reviewed 15 July 2016

One of the nicest sculptures I have seen in a long time! I was standing their and noticed many of the older locals paying their respects.

Reviewed 25 June 2016 via mobile

A very distinctive and iconic war memorial, it is next to the fruit market and a cafe.it has a particular style which is very distinctive

Reviewed 21 June 2016

We photographed the old city with the monument from every angle that we could and it can be seen from afar.