“Best hotel we've ever stayed in on nearly all levels”
Review of Hotel Lone

Hotel Lone
Ranked #4 of 23 Hotels in Rovinj
Reviewed 5 August 2012

Service impeccable, rooms fantastic. No hint of snobiness, they are genuinely happy to have you as a guest. Recommend the packages as there are no hidden catches, you genuinely get a full a la carte meal, no restrictions. Same for the wellness spar and breakfast in the rooms and very late checkout. It's expensive but worth every penny. Thankyou Lone for a truly fantastic weekend!

• Stayed: August 2012
Peter L, General Manager at Hotel Lone, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2012

Dear Andy Hurst,

Thank you for your great comments.
Reading your review makes me really proud of our team, as you describe exactly what we try to achieve. Godd friendly, authentic and efficient service without being snobbish.
Depending on season our prices may not always be cheap, but we try to deliver what is promised.

Hope you will come back next year.

Reviewed 4 August 2012

A very modern hotel, with perhaps a touch too much black. The rooms are very comfortable, from previews reviews you may be lead to believe the bathroom is simply behind glass, however their are wood slats across the glass. I thought it was nice. We never received our complementary fruit and water, even after informing reception.

The restaurant L is very good we ate their one evening, the food was very tasty. However upon asking the waiter about the difference between two bottles of wine both at the same price. He talked about a more expensive wine. He has obviously been trained to sell the more expensive wine.......not impressed.

Restaurant ON where breakfast was served. A large selection of breakfast dishes available, the ones I tried were of good quality. It would be nice for Cava to be served at breakfast. However it does have a kind of canteen feel to it.

Fitness - Aqua aerobics is available at noon each day in the hotel Eden, I really enjoyed this. I also attended to Pilates classes with Lea. They were very good. We also used the gym which has all the equipment including kettlecise balls, shame they do not do Zumba and kettlecise classes. I agree with others about the hotel not having its own pool which is a shame. There is no exclusivity about hotel Eden someone walking off the beach could get a sunbed here - no gated area.

I am sat in the reception area writing this review -poor barman is being told off in front of guests about some thing, this should be done in private........ We found him to be very polite and attentive and the club sandwich including chips was excellent value at 42 KN.

Overall mixed service experience and I would not perhaps class it quite at 5 star compared to others I have stayed in. However I would not deter friends from booking a room here. Book through an agent we used Destinology - it is cheaper than direct with the hotel.

My tip would be if you book here, have a chat with Lea on reception she is very knowledgeable and will organise your fee sunset cruise or day cruise. The sunset cruise was excellent and you may see dolphins. She will also organise your free bike hire. She will also advise you on place to visit and organise transportation. Wish we had met her at the start of our holiday, she offers excellent customer service.

Reviewed 31 July 2012

My husband and I stayed at the Lone for a week in July 2012. We really enjoyed the hotel and all it's lovely little touches. (Iced bottled water on reception being fully utilised!)

Reading some of the other reviews regarding the glass partition in the bathroom, I can only say, yes this was unusual but it wasn't really a problem for us! The rooms are absolutley lovely, and the balcony was just stunning. We sat outside each night with our last drink of the evening.

The staff in the hotel were all very friendly and lovely, just couldn't fault them.

The pool was shared with the 4* Eden next door, which again was unusual. The hotel is building it's own in Oct 2012 to be opened 2013 I believe. To be honest the pool was fine, but looking at what the 5* hotel Monte Mullini had, which was next door in the other direction it wasn't half as nice.

The hotel was a little far out from the main town square, but we got a taxi a couple of nights which was only £5. Worth it to save your feet!!

We were on a half board basis at the hotel. The breakfast was good, with lots of choice, and freshly cooked omletes. The evening meal was a little of a let down for 5*. The taste quality and choice was fine, but because there wasn't that many people on half board, the food wasn't turned around quickly enough, and it was left too long to go cool. This was more of a problem for my husband as I enjoyed the cold starters and salads very much. The deserts were also excellent.

Some friends we met ate in the a la carte restaurant and said it was great.

We made full use of the Spa facilities which were lovely.

I would deffo stay at this hotel again, as it's imaculate, but I would book on a B&B, as there's soo much choice in Rovinj and it's very cheap to eat out. We wll deffo return to Croatia, as fell in love with the country.

1  Thank Michelle&Hol
Reviewed 13 July 2012

Amazing hotel with very nice people who are always smiling, superb rooms, great food and a beautiful spa. Location is also very good at only a 10 minute stroll to the village. We are definitely coming back !

Room Tip: The Jazz Room is really amazing !
4  Thank HotelLesNuits_2000
Reviewed 12 July 2012

We had a great experience staying at this design hotel.We loved the modern funky design and everything was spotless and looked brand new. The room was perfect, the breakfast was of a high standard, the service faultless and the meal we ate one night in the restaurant was very good. Location perfect , a little away from the hustle bustle but not too far not to be able to walk into the old town. If there was anything to complain about it would be the music from the hotel next door which could be heard when eating in the outside area of the restaurant. We are not "pool people" but the pool seems shared with the hotel next door while they are waiting to build their own and it did look busy and not as "cool" as the hotel itself. I would be happy to return.

2  Thank petalee
Reviewed 4 July 2012

Upon arrival to the hotel it looked really impressive however, there was too many cars parked outside so the coach took an extra 10 minutes to get up to the hotel. Once inside at the reception the service wasn't great nothing was explained and was just given the room pass. Once inside the room it was lovely large beds, and the best bathroom I have ever had both shower & large bath. However, air con is fixed and cannot be adjusted so when you come in from the day it's not cool. Food in the restaurant was aimed at russian customers. It was not labelled and none of the 3 nights in which I stayed I could get a decent meal that actually matched together. Salad was a let down hardly anything. Deserts were nice. Breakfast was slightly better but again not 100% great. When we order a bottle of wine with dinner it took 15 minutes to come in which time I was half way through my main course and ready for a drink! The hotel only has 1 bar as well so it can take some time to get a drink, this is one thing it needs to work on. The nightclub was also closed as it was low season. Wouldn't go back to be honest! It didn't feel like a holiday more like a business hotel to stay in.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
4  Thank HolidayLover951
Management response:Responded 12 July 2012

Dear HolidayLover 951,
Thank you very much for your review which we will take as motivation to review some of our processes and offering. I am really sorry that you did not feel 100% at ease with our environment,
as I can ensure you that we really try to make every guest welcome and give an outstanding experience.
You are right, in May we still have a certain amount of business guest and conferences, which is the only way to stay open the entire year, this changes completely in July and August, but we are normally quite succesfull in blending all needs of our international clientel.
Some of your comments still surprise me, as you are the first one to bring it to my attention. Particular the part about catering for Russian guest, which we unfortunately dont have any in May and also not too many during the summer. Please feel free to contact me directly if you would like to share some more details or decide to give us the opportunity have you as our guest again. peter.losch@maistra.hr

Reviewed 10 June 2012

all the best about this hotel. food is great, rooms are beautiful and bath thub on balcony is super.......
I would like to stay here again

Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Ministar
Management response:Responded 12 July 2012

Dear Ministar,
Thank you very much for your excellent review and we are happy that you enjoyed your stay soo much.