“super hotel in beautiful Rovinj”
Review of Hotel Park

Hotel Park
Ranked #9 of 23 Hotels in Rovinj
Scotland, United Kingdom
“super hotel in beautiful Rovinj”
Reviewed 30 May 2011

I stayed here as a solo traveller and had a lovely spacious room with a view of the pool and marina. This hotel is superb in every way and Rovinj a dream location. I went out for a walk in the evening and felt safer here than I do at home. Breakfast and dinner had lots of different dishes to choose from, everywhere is very clean. As others have said this should be a four star hotel.. I found my room extremely quiet at all times. Well done Park Hotel, you will be a hard act to follow.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled solo
11 Thank JaneM_9

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (235)
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
  • Serbian first
Brussels, Belgium
Reviewed 27 May 2011

The hotel is located at the Marina of Rovinj. We got a room with a wonderful view on the old city. It is true that rooms at the rear do not enjoy any view, except on the parking lot (free parking). The hotel is massive and is quite old. They probably refurbished it in the 1990s. The room was clean. I would not advice to stay there in summer when the hotel is full, because the walls seem thin. The breakfast room has a lovely view on the city. The breakfast buffet offers a large selection.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled as a couple
5 Thank F_and_L_Bxl
Rochdale, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 February 2011

This is a lovely modern hotel. The trouble is the front of the Hotel has all the fantastic views whereas the back is constantly in the shade and has air-conditioning units within earshot of your balcony.
If I got a room at the rear and I was part of a courting couple I'd feel very upset-it could put a major strain on your holiday.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled solo
4 Thank Smully
Stirling, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 February 2011

large family and friends 55 in all travelled to rovinj for daughters
wedding,it was everything and more.hotel great staff great.Fell in love with the
people and place.will be back.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank frankie14_11
Kent, U.K.
Reviewed 24 October 2010

This hotel really is all about location, with fantastic views of Rovinj old town, Katarina island and the small marina.
I had booked 2 standard single rooms but the 2 rooms we were actually allocated were twin bedded rooms so this was a pleasant surprise. There was a balcony overlooking the swimming pool and part of the marina, but at the end of the corridor, immediately outside my room, was a large picture window, with a gorgeous view of the old town. The bathroom was very spacious, and there were bath sheets, another bonus, rather than bath towels. However, the bath was only three quarters of the size of a normal bath, so after the first day, I took daily showers instead.
I had also booked a double seaview room for my parents but their room which had 2 bedrooms and was very large, was alongside the other 2 rooms, for convenience I would imagine so that our party was altogether, and had the same views. After asking for a change of rooms, they were allocated a smaller second floor front room, with a balcony overlooking Katarina Island and the marina. Unfortunately, trees blocked out their view of the old town! The bath in this room however was of a normal size.
We all, at some point during our holiday, experienced problems with our door key cards and to get over the problem of re-charging camera batteries, left the card in the electric point overnight, manually turning off all room lights.
We stayed on a bed and breakfast only basis, and there was plenty of choice at breakfast, of both hot and cold food and drinks. However, a few complaints here. On the first morning, we had a window table and assumed, incorrectly, that this would be our table for the duration of the holiday as had happened on other holidays, but on days 2 and 3, the table was occupied by other guests. The other tables were either laid out for two people, or had not yet been cleared from other guests using them previously, therefore we ended up laying our own table which, even though a minor matter, you do not really expect to do on holiday!
Also, at the weekend, there was an event taking place and an influx of guests, and on those days, it was somewhat chaotic at breakfast. I would really hate to stay here when the hotel is at full capacity.
I had also mentioned to reception that it was my mother's 84th birthday on the Sunday of our stay, and that this was why I had wanted a nice room for my parents. I was told that they would give her a complimentary gift and upon returning to their room after being out all day, there was a note together with a bottle of sparkling wine. A very nice gesture which was appreciated.
The hotel has plenty of facilities, not that we took advantage of anything!
It is fairly close to the bus station, and it is best to go there and check timetables for yourself, as the timetables the hotel had were not up to date and you need colour codes to check what days the buses actually run.
A couple of boats pick up and drop off at the small harbour close by, but for most boat trips you have to go to the main harbour in the old town.
From the hotel, it is a lovely walk along the promenade to the old town, with plenty to see and many places to eat and drink. Go the other way too, along the seafront promenade with forests above you. Unfortunately, due to my mother's mobility problems, we did not walk too far at any one time, and she did struggle slightly going up the concrete ramp at the end of a long day out but we coped!
This is definitely a hotel I would return to but, again, just out of season, though the problem then is that lots of places have already shut down and only limited excursions are available.
Catch the beautiful sunsets on offer too!!

• Stayed October 2010, travelled with family
6 Thank Kentishterrier
Swansea, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 October 2010

We realy enjoyed our stay at the Park Hotel well situated and within easy access to the town centre which was very interestig and unspoilt service was excellent and staff very helpful especialy Robert on reception. Our room was on the second floor overlooking the marina with lovely views to the old town , room was basic but comfortable could have dune with a tea/coffee making facility.
It was my partners birthday while we were there and a nice touch was that when we returned from our morning walk the manager Sanja Svarc had place a bottle of champagne with two glasses and a nice letter wishing him a happy birthday good pr that never had it before . Would I recommend this hotel most certainly YES , our Thomson rep Zeljka was also most helpfull and always on hand .

• Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple
4 Thank rory5
Bristol
Reviewed 7 October 2010

Nice, clean hotel. We were given a family room, which we didn't expect, this was very large with an ajoining room with the most fantastic views...definetly the best hotel for the view in Rovinj, also, perfect walking distance to the old town on one side and the national park on the other.

Breakfast was average and the buffet dinner was very good. The only thing that annoyed me slightly was that the coffee machines that are in the restaurant and used for the breakfast service were turned off for the dinner service. Therefore, if you wanted a coffee after your evening meal you had to buy one, which I thought a bit cheeky, especially as there were no tea/coffee making facilities in the hotel rooms.

Staff here are very friendly and helpful.

This hotel makes a fantastic base to explore Istria.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple