“Impressive location”
Review of Hotel Park

Hotel Park
Ranked #10 of 23 Hotels in Rovinj
Reviewed 2 September 2013

Room overlooked forest and marina,Restaurant,pool and bars had fantastic views of town,and were treated to a firework display one night.I agree with most of the other reviews that the hotel is very clean but needs refurbishment,Breakfast and dinner were good with something for everyone including croatian food but like all buffets do get a little boring after a week.
The pool was very cold and with not enough day or night entertainment for me. As the hotel is so ideally situated to explore the state of istra and Venice,people did not spend a large amount of time at hotel so maybe that is why there was lack of entertainment. There was a group who play in evening but no seats for hotel guests,only for restaurant open to non guests.5 days it was wet only early in morning but the whole day programme was cancelled.
All these negative things I could forgive as the beautiful location,one of the best I ever stayed made up for everything else.

Room Tip: Side or front room for stunning views over marina or town
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank EastGrinsteadMarie

Reviewed 30 August 2013

This was a fabulous hotel , in great location with very friendly and helpful staff. We took our daughter who had a single room. Our room had fantastic views of pool a, marina and in the short distance Rovinji harbour.
The hotel facilities pool, resturant , gym were kept extremely clean. Local shops were nearby too .
We were half board and the range and quality of food was excellent. The chefs were always present and on several occassions made unique vegitarian meals for our duaghter.
We booked day trip to Venice which while worthwhile , highlighted the differnce in proces from Euro in Italy to Kuna in Croatia. Well worth the value and we will certainly be back there again

Room Tip: Pay the small extra for sea view
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
4  Thank CarolAylesbury
Reviewed 29 August 2013

The hotel is located perfectly for the views of the marina and the town of Rovinj. Breakfast was very good with plenty of choice and could be taken on the terrace. We had a very large room with an extensive balcony overlooking the marina.

Room Tip: We asked for a sea view and high floor
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 August 2013

Hotel overlooks the marina and town which is beautiful. Room was small but when you stepped out on to balcony, which overlooked the marina the view more than made up for it. We travelled with Thomson and paid extra for a sea view, however I think we were lucky as some of the rooms
had much less of a sea view, ours was 336.The food and service were good some of the breakfast food a bit strange such as brussel sprouts in a cheese sauce and quite a few other vegetables for breakfast also, but there was plenty of fruit, yogurts cheese and hams pastries and also hot breakfasts with eggs, bacon etc.There were plenty sunbeds around the pool and elsewhere and it was a very relaxed atmosphere.
The town of Rovinj is lovely, cobbled streets and much more to it than we first thought, we found something different up every alleyway and round every corner! We really liked Rovinj and the Park hotel and would love to return.

Room Tip: ask for a sea view
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank zolacat
Reviewed 28 August 2013

Just returned from a 10 night stay here booked through Thomson. Lovely holiday in a super setting. Hotel appearance tired and dated but its location is superb. A 10 minute walk to the beautiful town of Rovinj and in the other direction to some nice sunbathing and swimming areas where the sea if crystal clear. Hotel bedrooms are tired but having said that they were spotlessly clean and the beds were so comfortable we had the best nights' sleep in a hotel we've ever had..
Also, the view from our room was so beautiful you can easily forget the dated room and appearance of the hotel. Public areas were ok, plenty of sunbeds around pool and staff worked really hard to make our stay enjoyable. Plenty of choice in restaurant where you help yourself to the buffet. We were half board and only ate out once because the food in the hotel was so good and plentiful we didn't feel the need to eat anywhere else. Drinks were reasonably priced too. This hotel provided us with a good base for one of the nicest holidays we have had. Croatia is lovely and Rovinj is, we think, the jewel in the crown. The Hotel Park is in the best position of any hotel in the town, even the five star hotels do not have the view Hotel Park does.

Room Tip: Ask for sea view room. Ours was 328 which had an amazing view.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Hoolian
Reviewed 28 August 2013

When it comes to location,The Park would be very hard to beat.I chose this hotel solely on its location, just a short stroll into town and also on trip advisor reviews and I certainly made the right choice. The hotel itself is a little tired and very worn around the edges but our room was very very clean, bed was fairly comfy and bathroom adequate. What made the room so wonderful was the views, which I can only describe as breathtaking. I travelled with my 19 year old daughter who was also blown away by it. The only negative I have to say about the room was the air conditioning was very inadequate but then again there was a heat wave at the time and temperature did not drop below 40 degrees during the day.
Hotel dining rooms would not be one of my favourite places whilst on holiday as I cannot stand the usual noise of clattering plates, chairs scrapping off the floor and kids running amok but I was pleasantly surprised everyone seemed to be fairly civilised. Food although not up to a good restaurant standard there was plenty of choice for breakfast (pastries divine)and also dinner.
Poolside was very tight with not much room to manoeuvre, did not try the towel service so cannot make a comment on this service, but what let the whole experience for me was that down at the pool there are 2 very large chimneys and several times a day these pumped out black smoke which although I dont suffer chest problems found that I ended up coughing as a consequence.

If you have never been to Croatia before which we had not it is a marvellous place to start, it certainly has awoken my interest in the country.

I know I am reviewing a hotel but I cannot finish without mentioning the Croatian people, absolutely charming. Hotel staff and people out and about in general could not have been more welcoming and hospitable.

Room Tip: Any room on the front will be amazing
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank JMB2107
Reviewed 28 August 2013

Stayed here for 14 days. Very happy with room which was on top floor (4th) and had a large balcony with fantastic views over the marina and town. The breakfast was fine with lots of choice, only stayed bed and breakfast. The air on wasn't to coolest I've been in but was ok most of the time.
This hotel is in a great location, has great views (seaside part of hotel) and is fine for me. Would recommend it
John

Room Tip: Choose top floor seaside aspect
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple