“Nice restaurant with great service”
Review of Aqua2

Aqua2
Ranked #10 of 188 Restaurants in Rovinj
Price range: US$6 - US$41
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Good for: View, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 29 July 2014

Went there on a rainy evening, and we were immediately captured by the genuine kindness of our young host. After a free and tasty appetizer of fresh Istrian cheese and ham, we ordered the pljukanci pasta with truffles, which was exceptionally tasty, followed by freshly caught rombo grilled to perfection. The house wine (malvazija) is excellent, and very good value for 80 kn per liter. We even had desserts and coffee on the house. Very friendly service, highly recommended.

Reviewed 28 July 2014 via mobile

See food was made in oil. Waiter was way too theatric.
Bolognese was 3 star to my sons. Nice location but very very average in Rovinj. Just another touristic place.

4  Thank StJakov
Reviewed 27 July 2014 via mobile

We were met by very friendly staff and a free appetizer of bread, cheese, seafood and small glasses of wine.
Both the starter of ham, cheese and olives and the main course seafood platter were tasty.

1  Thank TiinaOslo
Reviewed 27 July 2014

I highely recomend this restaurant! We ate the Rombo and it was fantastic. The restaurant also offers fresh homemade pasta and bread. The staff is extremly helpful and fluent in english and other languages. Prices are very reasonable and the whole experiance was just wonderful.

Reviewed 27 July 2014

Went here following the reviews on here but left very disappointed.
What doesn't help is the poor menu with uninspiring descriptions of the food and, my worst nightmare, pictures of the food!! A bit like a poor Chinese restaurant.
We just couldn't find anything that caught our eye so went for the pizza but boy what a mistake!
My wife ate about a quarter of hers and my daughter about half of hers. It was full of gluttonous melted cheese, no sign of fine mozzarella here, and the base was doughy.
The waitress looked concerned when she cleared the plates and offered us a drink on the house but we had had enough.
Being good Brits we said all was ok as that's what we do.
Maybe we chose wrong but if I were them I'd do 2 things.
Invest in a better menu and get rid of the awful pictures. I'm sure the food is good but you need to attract people with your menu not turn them off. Secondly I'd either remove pizza from your menu or find someone who can prepare and cook proper pizza.
A shame.