“We Will Be Returning”
Review of Hotel Monte Mulini

Hotel Monte Mulini
Ranked #1 of 23 Hotels in Rovinj
Reviewed 2 July 2014

Lovely rooms, spacious with a very large bathroom. Very large bed

Staff are attentive, never had a bad experience.

The breakfast room is wonderful with a balcony that overlooks the sea and faces the woods on the headland.

Very small cons: not enough storage space. The furniture is lovely with those drawers that close seamlessly but they only had a drop of around one inch so there wasn't much space to put your clothes if you are staying for two weeks.
Wifi is patchy. I had more success with my iPhone 4s than my wife did with her iPhone 5.

Room Tip: The ground floor rooms all have outside balconies with a wonderful view of the grounds but if you wa...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
LovorkaAndrosic, Manager at Hotel Monte Mulini, responded to this reviewResponded 5 July 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for recognizing our commitment to have ecellent and dedicated service. We continuously monitor your suggestions in order too meet your expectations in terms of ambience, service and the best food quality. However we noticed that you haven't been compeletely satisfied with wifi and the size of cons, you have a point there.

We hope you keep all your positive memories alive until your next visit
Thank you for your time and support.

Reviewed 2 July 2014

My family and I (six in total) stayed two nights on short notice. The first night was so good we stayed a second one. Food was amazing in the Wine Vault, and the service overall was amazingly accommodating and naturally friendly. We went kayaking and cycling in the national park around the corner, all organised by the concierge.

Kids loved it, four pools, great access to the beach, lovely rooms, nothing to fault.

We are coming back!

Room Tip: Not the cheapest but very good value.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your rewarding comment regarding your stay in Hotel Monte Mulini with your family. It gives me a great pleasure that you have found our hotel to be up to your standards and that you even prolonged your stay.

I will pass your comments to our Concierge whomade your stay so pleasant.

Looking forward seeing you in the future

Best wishes

Reviewed 1 July 2014

My husband and I have just got back today from the hotel monte mulini in rovinj croatia.
It was our first time here and we were expecting a lovely hotel but we were so impressed!
The clever and thoughtful design of the place is amazing,every comfort and luxury.
The room was a standard if you can call it that!it was beautiful with a balcony and a path straight down onto the beach.
The location was stunning!no sand just clear clean sea,we saw some lovely fish just a few feet into the water,thru snorkling.
Then the town which is a fab 6/7 min walk was really buzzing.lots of family's ,younger people and older,no yobbishness just good safe fun with great restaurants,many if which were very reasonable.
The people are genuine and helpful,not too formal not too intrusive.
We have stayed in many nice hotels and countries but this is the best!for the money it is rightly Croatias number 1 hotel,europes number 3 and mybe in time ax the hotel is only 6 yrs old one of the best in the world!
The food was second to none,the hotel spotless and over all a surprise second honeymoon for my husband and I ?very romantic place and town.
We will find it hard to get another hotel to match this one along with beautiful location and lovely nice stroll into the town.
Well done hotel monte mulini,you deserve your position as top hotel in yr country.
We will be back,we loved it.

Room Tip: The more reasonable rooms seem to be on the ground floor but you still get a lovely view with a balc...
6  Thank Della D

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your visit to Monte Mulini; we are so grateful for your great feedback. On one hand, we are delighted that you appreciated our mission to stay one of the best hotels in Croatia and maybe enter in priviledged group of european top 10 best hotels.

On the other, thank you for mentioning the design and location of the hotel and a lovely old town of Rovinj with many little atractions. I will share your rewarding comments with all team.
Counting on your continued support, we look forward to welcome you back, making the Monte Mulini your unique address in Croatia.

Reviewed 30 June 2014

Cannot recommend this experience highly enough. The best service we have ever received from the moment we walked through the door, including the outstanding restaurants. Wonderful location, nothing to fault. Treat yourself!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Georgina242014

Dear Guest,

We are all genuinely touched by your feedback. There is nothing we can add but: THANK YOU. We are eager to welcome you back

With warmest regards, Lovorka Androšić, Executive Assistant Manager

Reviewed 29 June 2014

I was really impressed with this hotel. It just has everything and is in a brilliant location. Rovinj is a great place as well. There seems to be lots going on and is full of restaurants and cafe bars to enjoy on an evening.

I stayed in 2 weeks and it was one of the best hotels I have stayed in. You can see all the great about this hotel in the reviews below. I will not go over how great it is as you can read it there.

However there are three things that let this hotel down. Wifi, front desk service and the spa.

Primarily Wifi. I think this was fixed on my last day in the hotel, however it is dreadful. You did not just connect to the wifi you had to wait until login screen popped up, the problem was that the pop up screen did not always appear so you had to turn your device off and on to get connected. Even when you had managed to connect it logged you out after 5 mins. We deliberately chose a hotel with Wifi as we needed to be able to conduct skype conversations and pick up urgent emails. When you get cut off mid conversation or suddenly realise an important email has not been sent because the wifi had logged you off again it is very annoying.

I understand Wifi is not hugely important to most people however this brings me on to the one area that I think this hotel needs to improve on. Front desk service. I found the front desk staff really unhelpful. All the other staff in the hotel seem to be great and wanted to help, but the staff on the front desk seemed to think they were there to just look pretty. Three times I complained about the Wifi, three times they said they would get back to me and never did. The shower in our room was very slow draining towards the end of our hotel, so I reported it. Nothing was done about it. The safe in our room had been left "open" but locked by the previous occupants, so I asked reception if someone could come and reset it so I could use it. Nothing was done about this either. None of the above items I went back to the reception with as I wanted to relax and enjoy my holiday without getting stressed, but if the manager reads this review, try swapping you restaurant and bar staff and cleaners with your front of house staff. There was such a marked difference in attitude it seemed unbelievable.

The Spa is not up to much either, you have access via an underground tunnel to the next door hotel's spa which is much better however the pool (spa) that is in the hotel is awful, the small tiles are falling off and it just does not look very nice or clean. This is a real shame as it really lets the image of the hotel down.

I would return to this hotel, it is a hidden gem, not perfect, but not far off.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank James B

Dear Guest,

Thank you both for all your great positive and also negative comments as they represent a vital instrument in our daily effort to enhance our level of service and customer care.We regret that you did not meet with your Internet requirements as well as that atention of reception staff or wellness. On the other hand, we are delighted that you appreciated brilliant location and our Rovinj. We hope that you will give us another opportunity to welcoming you back in order to show you our improvements

Best regards,

Reviewed 29 June 2014

Our recent stay at The Monte Mulini was truly magical in every way! We had read the reviews on Trip Advisor and can honestly say that the hotel does provide 5 star quality in every respect.

The location of the hotel is superb being close to a National Park and within walking distance of Rovinj. The addition of the new beach and beach bar have certainly enhanced the facilities provided by the hotel!

The bedrooms and public areas are decorated to the highest quality and the bathroom was probably the nicest I have ever used. The breakfasts were excellent and the service provided by the staff was second to none, each and every member that we met were so polite and helpful.

We certainly intend to return.

Room Tip: We had a ground floor room with sea view which was very nice but I understand that the views from th...
1  Thank Anne L

Dear Guest,

We are truly honored by your fabolous comment. The hotel Monte Mulini represents the most prestigious address in Rovinj , where our distinguished Guests enjoy the exclusivity and style.
We're delighted that you enjoyed our new Mulini Beach. We're so proud to have it.

Executive Assistant Manager
Lovorka Androšić

Reviewed 23 June 2014

This was our second stay at the Monte Mulini and there are truly only very few hotels in the world where we have come away with this feeling of wishing to return again. The Monte Mulini embodies hotel perfection - outstanding facilities, impeccable service, unique and beautiful setting coupled with genuinely warm, friendly and accommodating staff who go well beyond what is required of them. Words will simply fail to give justice to our experience - it's a traveller's dream come true. We love this hotel and our next visit is already marked in our calendar - as no doubt many more in the years to come...

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank minlondon
LovorkaAndrosic, Manager at Hotel Monte Mulini, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2014

Dear Guests,

Thank you so much, you left me speachless and really don't know what to write at this point.
We are trying really hard to be on maximum level although there is always room for improvement. Comment like yours gives us the best possible motivation.

We really hope to have soon the pleasure of welcoming you back. Thank you once again.

Executive Assistant Manager