Rovinj, Croatia is a charming seaside town on the northern peninsula sitting very near the borders of Italy, Slovenia, and Austria. The scenery and ambience are spectacular, definitely worth a visit. The Amarin Resort is not in the historic city center but it is minutes away by car or ferry with picture perfect views of that very photogenic town. The property offers hotel rooms and apartments at this enormous and lovely resort. Amenities include a small market, 2 pools with a huge surrounding patio with chairs, restaurant, a couple of bars, picnic and children's play areas, bikes, poolside massage, and a large beachfront area. There were massive bouncing and climbing structures in the ocean for added water fun. We stayed in a 2 bedroom unit that could sleep 5 total if you use the double bed in the living area, a full kitchen, 2 patios and one small bathroom. There was a table and 4 chairs with an umbrella on one patio. The kitchen was small but sufficiently stocked to make light meals including a coffee maker but lacked basic things like dish detergent, paper towels, salt, or coffee filters. The bathroom was really small and lacked toiletry items like you would normally find in a hotel. We had some difficulty getting the air conditioning on in the evening hours despite several attempts. I think they are programmed to turn off during the night, a practice that I've found common in most of Europe. The free wifi signal was too weak to use in our room so we bought minutes on a card and used the two computers in the reception area. Access to the resort is controlled by a guard and a gate. There is assigned covered parking but it was a lengthy distance to our unit even though we were allowed to come closer for loading/unloading. There were lots of families with small children on the property so apparently it is a good place for that but I was there for a completely different kind of vacation; I was part of a very large group attending the Croatia Salsa Festival. The Amarin was able to handle a huge number of adults dancing away long hours around the pool for several days. I think they did a fantastic job of accommodating such varied demands. Check-out time is at 10am. My request for a later check-out was given but for a considerable fee. Overall, I would stay here again but now I'm prepared for what to expect, hopefully, now you are too!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Cascading gently towards the rocky beaches and the turquoise sea, the Amarin Resort offers the privacy of your own home with a great view of the Old Town in lush nature just minutes away from the sea. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , Booking.com, LoveHolidays and Hotels.com so you can book your Resort Amarin reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Resort Amarin Hotel Rovinj
- Tourist Settlement Amarin Rovinj
- Amarin Rovinj