We have just returned from a week at Amarin - apparently it's busiest week of the year. We had a 'renovated' B5 appartment (1 double bedroom and 1 single bedroom) for 3 of us. The appartment was great. It was exactly like the pictures - modern, 2 balconies, small bathroom and airconditioning. The appartment also provided outdoor furniture (table, chairs and umbrella and towel/clothes rack). This was perfect as we took our portable BBQ and cooked and ate outside most nights.
The 'tourist settlement' is enormous - with some 200 campsites, 300 renovated appartments and some 300 unrenovated appartments. This was the downside for us... it was very crowded. But on the upside, the location was fabulous. We were across the harbour from Rovinj - a 15 min. ferry ride from the settlement to Rovinj which was fairly regular. The settlement was on the beach/coast so it was private 'beach'. So long as you didn't mind the rocks (which for us was fun for our daughter to play and explore the rock pools), you had about 1km of private 'beach' access. Another plus for us was the entertainment. The 'kids club' was in the morning, and again in the afternoon, and there was a 'mini-disco' in the evening after dinner. We were out most days exploring, so our daughter enjoyed the mini-disco each night. She loved it. The staff were all very accomodating and kind.
Also - a great tip. We took our small portable BBQ - and cooked outside on our terrace most nights.
I'm not sure if we'd go there again... basically for the reason that we were paying for alot of activites/features that we just didn't use and because it was so busy and large. But on the other hand - when you take into account the modern apartment with airconditioning, right on the ocean with private coast and regular ferry access to Rovinj - maybe we would do it again...
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Cascading gently towards the rocky beaches and the turquoise sea, the Amarin Resort offers the privacy of your own home with a great view of the Old Town in lush nature just minutes away from the sea. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , Booking.com, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Expedia, Priceline, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Resort Amarin reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Resort Amarin Hotel Rovinj
- Tourist Settlement Amarin Rovinj
- Amarin Rovinj