“Excelent quite place to relax and have a good time”

Pension Baron Gautsch
Ranked #11 of 49 Rovinj B&B and Inns
Reviewed 4 August 2013

I was during the summer holidays. It was the only place were I could find a room for one person. I could say that for what I payed (40euros/night) I was completely satisfied. a) Breakfast: excellent, complete (yoghurt, variety of bread, coffee, fruit). b) Location: excellent. Near beach, center and market; c) Extremely clean; d) With quiet terrace; e) Room: clean towels and bathroom, with air conditioning and TV (the only disadvantage: the window in the individual room is rather small); f) The personnel is charming!; g) Free internet.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank sofmen7

Reviewed 14 June 2013 via mobile

My room was cute and very clean, good breakfast. Location is great, it's very near the center, walking distance. Big terrace
with view on Rovinj. There is no private parking but it was no problem to find it in the street.

• Stayed: June 2013
Reviewed 21 May 2013

Easy walking distance to old town Rovinj. I enjoy stay here every year and every year I am very satisfied. Two ladies manage the pension. The pension serves a great breakfast. Managers of this pension are always around to help. Price is very interesting and also location. Only parking is quite problematic :-)

Room Tip: Higher floor has A/C, lower balcony
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank VladoV_SK
Reviewed 18 October 2012

I stayed two nights here. The room was on the top floor with no balcony. The bed and room were fine. The bathroom was small but adequate. The room was clean as was the bathroom. The a/c worked fine although it wasn't very warm out. I used it to keep the double paned windows closed for quiet a d to keep mosquitos ou, although it is on a fairly quiet street.

The breakfast was adequate. Coffee, tea, orange juice. Two types of bread, jam and butter. Some cheese, two types of meat, a few pieces of fruit. Cereal and milk or yogurt.

The only thing missing was some warmth. The blond who works during the day only speaks if spoken to. They all answered any questions I had but were all business. I just didn't feel welcomed there.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank Mike F
Reviewed 4 May 2012

Once you find Villa Baron Gautsch you'll realize what a great spot it's in! It's an easy 10 minute walk to the city center in Rovinj and also pretty close to the beach side of things. The hard part is finding it b/c there are almost no signs for the hotel and what they don't tell you when you book is that you should follow signs to Hotel Park and that will lead you straight to the Baron Gautsch.

Other than the location the room was adequate. There were two of us who ended up in a triple room so one queen and one twin bed. Beds were comfortable enough but the pillows were terrible. Flatter than pancakes we had to pretty much roll them into balls to get anything out of them. I ended up folding up the fleece jacket I had brought with me (like another reviewer) to actually get some support.

Breakfast was fine with a selection of cerals and muesli with yogurt, breads and rolls, cold cuts and coffee. Sometimes there'd be a hardboiled egg or something else but more often than not we went w/ yogurt and granola and it was totally fine.

The area was very quiet so we got a good night sleep (once we made our makeshift pillows) with our balcony door open. Some people say you don't need the balcony because it's true - there is the common one on the 3rd floor with a view but we really liked having our own. It gave us a spot to sit in the morning and watch the sunrise in our pj's (and then go back to bed). Staff was very friendly but completely unobtrusive and we felt very free to come and go as we pleased.

Would definitely consider staying here again if I am lucky enough to find myself in Rovinj again (although I might bring my own pillow this time....)

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
3  Thank mitsy4400
Reviewed 8 June 2011

This pension is within easy walking distance to old town Rovinj. Although the facility could use some TLC on the maintenance, we enjoyed our stay. Two ladies manage the pension. They gladly did our laundry which we really appreciated. The pension serves a great breakfast, with the best musli we've seen anywhere. We had to catch a bus early so the ladies prepared a generous lunch for us. Unlike many pensions, where you often don't see the staff until it comes time to pay the bill, the managers of this pension are always around to help.

Room Tip: Pick a room at the back with a balcony.
  • Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Onokane
Reviewed 8 June 2011

Loved this pension. This is our 2nd trip to Rovinj. The pension is located half way between the old town and the beach, for us a perfect location. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The breakfast was very good and you can eat outside on the deck. We got a room with a deck but you really don't need to as on the third floor there is a wonderful shared deck for everyone. The rates are very affordable the only slight problem is no parking on the property. We found parking easily on the street. For the three days we were there we never used the car. There is a wonderful walkway along the harbor.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled with family