Trogir Walking Tour
Review Highlights
Great guide

Great guide. I learnt everything that I want to know about Trogir. Weather was great and we could... read more

Reviewed 14 July 2018
TraceyB2605
Great guide!

I had a private tour with Mihaela from Portal travel agency and she was excellent. My husband was... read more

Reviewed 18 June 2018
Zoe S
via mobile

See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 26 July 2014

Booked private tour for my partner and two 16 year old children. Our guide was a young lady called Masa who was very pleasant and knowledgeable, if initially a little earnest in her presentation. Once one engaged with Masa the tour became more relaxed and enjoyable.

Masa pointed out numerous things which one would never have seen or appreciated if sighting seeing on your own. As my two 16 year old daughters were Dr Who fans, Masa took a little time out to show where certain scenes had been shot.

If you have an interest in the history of Trogir then I would recommend the tour

Reviewed 27 September 2013

Me and my girlfriend booked tickets at Portal Agency for the daily evening walking tour, lasting about two hours.

Our guide, an older man with beard, proved to be extremely knowledgeable about Trogir and Croatia but also about art, history and philosophy in general.

His explanations were somewhat chaotic though, sometimes meandering off topic. The information was also at times too in depth for laymen, requiring a lot of background.

Personally, I found the tour very interesting in spite of sometimes loosing track. I noticed however that fellow tourists lost interest rather quickly for abovementioned reasons.

Therefore I only recommend this tour to people with a passion for art and history.

5  Thank Iweinvanaalst
Reviewed 24 September 2013

We are very independent travelers who quite frankly abhor group tours. Similar to commute traffic. Our experiences with private guides over the years has all been extremely positive!

In Trogir, our first day (31/8), we booked a private 7PM tour through Portal Travel Agency. We had the excellent fortune of being paired with Masa (highly recommend)! A tour, especially starting in BC, is more an "Imagine If You Will" experience. The tour guide through their mastery of key chronological events coupled with a high level of passion and enthusiasm can bring a setting to life. Masa does this with aplomb!

Plus a private guide allows for questions outside of the current historical environment. We learned about local cuisine, subtle Greek statues (Kairos, her favorite), sub-divided real estate, family olive making and a personal passion for film as art! Etymology is the Archeology of Ethnicity (her core Masters studies)!

She needed to brush up on the very important Vikings! Enjoy!

1  Thank StrandsDanville
Reviewed 11 July 2013

We booked a private walking tour with an English speaking guide. While his English was good, it did require some concentration. He was extremely knowledgeable almost giving us "too much" information. We thought the tour was going to last about 90 minutes and it actually lasted just over 2 hours. We were very tired from an overnight flight from the United States and booked this tour so that we would be walking around getting fresh air instead of sleeping. We were in Trogir less than 24 hours and this was a great way to get quickly acquainted and learn more about the town. We enjoyed Trogir more than Split.

Reviewed 18 June 2013

After Split, Katja arranged a great mini bus to transport all 8 to Torgir a wonderful enchanting medieval walled city. A must to close the richness of Croatia from Roman Empire to Medieval to Cold War era and recent Croatia independence.