Trogir Walking Tour
Review Highlights
Great guide

Great guide. I learnt everything that I want to know about Trogir. Weather was great and we could... read more

Reviewed 14 July 2018
TraceyB2605
Great guide!

I had a private tour with Mihaela from Portal travel agency and she was excellent. My husband was... read more

Reviewed 18 June 2018
Zoe S
via mobile

See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 12 September 2015

My partner and I also had a private tour with Stephen who I understand is the chief guide in Trogir. As others have commented, it was thorough, expansive and philosophical. He gave us a full 2 hours of his time and insights on art history, religion, politics and the reasons for the renaissance. We really enjoyed it and I personally rate it as one of the best tours ever. As with Split, Trogir is a mashup of architectural styles from any era and a guided tour can really help to clarify what one is looking at.

2  Thank WernMachine
Reviewed 8 July 2015

Certainly I recommend walking the town of Trogir, because rarely even see the city that you so back to the Middle Ages

1  Thank Andreja M
Reviewed 21 June 2015

We booked a private guide through Portal agency just by the big bridge leading to Ciovo. (They no longer do a daily group tour) It was about £25 for 2 people for a tour which they estimated would last 1hr 30 mins. Our guide Stephen was a Croatian born in Trogir and we think, an academic specialising in the history of art. He was passionate about Trogir, it's Unesco world heritage status and the art and culture of the area and showed to us and explained all about the numerous churches on the islet plus examples of Roman, Renaissance and Baroque architecture. He explained that Trogir is an excellent example of a medieval town and showed us examples of it's Hellenistic and Roman origins.
The highlight of the tour was The 13th century Cathedral of St. Lawrence, the doorway is heavily carved stone by local architect and sculptor Master Radovan finished in 1240 it has had millions of dollars spent on it just a few years ago to restore it to it's former glory. This church is a masterpiece and if you see nothing else in Trogir you must pay the small entrance fee to see inside.
We loved this tour, and when Stephen left us a bit later than he planned we shared a little of his enthusiasm for his wonderfully historic home town

Reviewed 26 July 2014

Booked private tour for my partner and two 16 year old children. Our guide was a young lady called Masa who was very pleasant and knowledgeable, if initially a little earnest in her presentation. Once one engaged with Masa the tour became more relaxed and enjoyable.

Masa pointed out numerous things which one would never have seen or appreciated if sighting seeing on your own. As my two 16 year old daughters were Dr Who fans, Masa took a little time out to show where certain scenes had been shot.

If you have an interest in the history of Trogir then I would recommend the tour

Reviewed 27 September 2013

Me and my girlfriend booked tickets at Portal Agency for the daily evening walking tour, lasting about two hours.

Our guide, an older man with beard, proved to be extremely knowledgeable about Trogir and Croatia but also about art, history and philosophy in general.

His explanations were somewhat chaotic though, sometimes meandering off topic. The information was also at times too in depth for laymen, requiring a lot of background.

Personally, I found the tour very interesting in spite of sometimes loosing track. I noticed however that fellow tourists lost interest rather quickly for abovementioned reasons.

Therefore I only recommend this tour to people with a passion for art and history.

5  Thank Iweinvanaalst