“Convenient”

Courtyard Guayaquil
Ranked #12 of 61 Hotels in Guayaquil
Reviewed 3 January 2014 via mobile

Pros:
-Location is good. There's a McDonald's a block away and there's also two shopping malls. It is also very close to the airport, we could see the runway from our room.
-The cleaning service is good. The room was always kept neat.
-Staff was incredibly friendly (everyone in Guayaquil is very friendly), very helpful at all times, they even helped planing a tour. They always were on time when we asked for something in our room.

Cons:
-For me, the restaurant is actually a con. Breakfast costs $18 per person. The buffet is very nice but there's not much to choose from, just scrambled eggs, sausages and waffles as the main dish. The food was cold. I'm comparing this to other hotels I've been in several countries and it's the worst. I really wouldn't mind paying that much for a breakfast that was worth it, but this isn't.

Another thing about the restaurant is that they don't have everything that's on the menu. I went to have lunch one day and asked for three dishes and they had none! So I had to settle for a plate of spaghetti.

-Another con is that there's not much noise proof. One night I could hear all the music and laughing from the room next door. I was on the ninth floor and at times I could still hear noises from the street.

General:
-The rooms are ok. Not fancy but just a regular, clean room. Space is also ok.
-Everyone at the front desk is very helpful.
-You can walk around the hotel but be careful since, I don't know why, but there's a lot of wholes on the sidewalk.
-I consider the price of this hotel is ok. You get what you pay for. Just don't pay for the restaurant since it's not worth it.

• Stayed: December 2013
There are newer reviews for Courtyard Guayaquil

Reviewed 10 December 2013

Love this hotel. Close to airport and central to commercial district. 24 hr pharmacy across street was a life saver since I forgot my meds back in the states, hotel escorted me there to assist at midnight! The seafood soup was divine with an ice cold local beer.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank AnnieTinMia
Reviewed 2 December 2013

Close to the Airport, convenient to the city, near dining and shopping options just to start. The staff were friendly, and helpful. The hotel was clean and although the pool was small with limited deck space, it was a nice escape after a day of work. the breakfast buffet was ample, with great fresh fruit. I ate a meal in the restaurant after having it recommended by a business associate, and I was not disappointed. I would stay there again if I visit area in the future

Room Tip: I as upgraded to a corner room., they are larger with better views
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 29 November 2013

The staff are hard working and make their best effort to accommodate. The rooms are clean and very simple in set up and amenities. The breakfast bar and food selections are good. I especially enjoyed the fruit and fresh squeezed juices,I have stayed here a total of three times and with the proximity to the airport it's an easy trip. I like the security which is tight and very present. This is a great place to stay when traveling with small teams. I had 12 in my detail, and things went swimmingly.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 28 November 2013

My home away from home in Guayaquil. Outstanding service, very convenient to airport, San Marino Mall and the Mall del Sol. As taxis are 5 bucks from the airport and it is all of 5 mins there is no need to stress the shuttle but, given the excellent service and English speaking staff, I can't imagine that they would fail to show if you confirm flight arrival time, etc.

Room Tip: Higher floors have better hot water. Also free laundry on 16 is a great perk.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 11 November 2013 via mobile

Hotel has a clean room and comfortable. Pick up via taxi at airport went smoothly. Taking the shuttle did not. Very disappointed, we requested the free shuttle when we checked in. They said no problem. Wake up early and then apparently it was reserved by airline personnel, no mention of this at check on. Plus there was plenty of room in it. Don't believe the front desk. They tell you one thing and do another. At least they do it in a friendly way?!

Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 November 2013

My wife and I are expats living in Ecuador. We periodically have overnight stays in Guayaquil while traveling back to the U.S, or on our way to a vacation in Europe, etc. We have stayed at the Marriott numerous times, and have no need to stay at any other hotel. The Marriott is very modern and attractive, with a friendly and competent staff, only a couple of minutes drive from the airport, within walking distance of one of Guayaquil's largest and newest malls, all at a competitive price. Highly recommended!

Room Tip: Most rooms have expansive views, and the views from the top floors are spectacular. BUT, some rooms...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple