All reviews typical courtyard san marino close to the airport floor to ceiling windows top floor special thanks walking distance restaurant staff hotel shuttle shopping mall breakfast buffet great view of the city business or pleasure front desk staff excellent stay taxi ride food court
Reviewed 6 April 2014

The interior is decorated with your standard flare, but this branch/property is lacking customer service.

After arriving and calling for the shuttle from the airport, we were met outside and told we would be taking a random taxi from an Courtyard employee. This taxi had none of the official designations (cameras, driver info, etc.). We arrived safe and sound though, but was an awkward way to arrive.

Upon arrival we were greeted by a nice receptionist. She gave the regular run down about the hotel. Afterwards I mentioned I had received an email stating I was eligible for a free upgrade. However, the manager stated they only had room for part of our stay. Hmm, a little weird that the entire hotels booked on a Monday night. Sure enough I check the availability from my room and they have numerous rooms in the next tier.

All I can say is this place isn't focused on customer service.

• Stayed: April 2014
1  Thank Caroline H
Gabriel G, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Guayaquil, responded to this reviewResponded 7 April 2014

Estimated Caroline H,

In the name of all associates that Works at the Courtyard Guayaquil want to extend a warm welcome to our beautiful city “The Pearl of the Pacific” I want to thank you for the comments you give us and hopefully you are more comfortable in the new room assigned. Your comments are very valuable for us, we understand that this is the only way to learn and improve our service.

Please let us know what else we can do in order to have a better stay, we will be more than happy to be of help.

Reviewed 28 March 2014 via mobile

It all started with an efficient and friendly pick up by their courtesy van, a quick check in with bilingual staff, a sparkling clean room and an excellent in house restaurant. You certainly can find less expensive options but if you value any of the above points it's all relative.

• Stayed: March 2014
1  Thank John D
Gabriel G, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Guayaquil, responded to this reviewResponded 30 March 2014

Dear John D,

Thank you for the time you took to write such motivating words, It is wonderful to receive comments where our Guests tell us how our work fulfills their expectations, I will share your comments with all the staff as recognition for their service.

Please let us know the next time you visit Guayaquil, I will be more than happy to be of help for you,

Best Regards

Reviewed 18 March 2014

The staff here was nice and friendly. They were very helpful in making sure all amenities were available to us. This is one of two Marriott locations in the country. I would have been nice if this courtyard had a concierge lounge like the other ones I have stayed in internationally but this was more like the ones in America with a market and small restaurant. The plus side is that there is a shopping complex with restaurants close by. This hotel also provides readily available airport shuttle from 6-midnight. There was a bit of a snafu when I had the hotel book a cab for my flight which was outside of shuttle hours and the staff gave it away to another group of people who had checked out before me even though I was ready to have my bags put in. Luckily due to the close proximity of the hotel I still made my flight. Overall I would rate this hotel well as the aforementioned issue was trivial in comparison to my entire stay.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Farrah K
Gabriel G, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Guayaquil, responded to this reviewResponded 20 March 2014

Dear Farrah K,

We really appreciate the time you took on writing us such a helpful comments, we will take special attention about transportation to the airport.

I’m sharing with my staff your kind comments about the nice and friendly service; they love to hear when a guest feels satisfied with their service.

Hopefully you can visit Guayaquil very soon, I will be more than happy to assist you with hotel reservations.

Reviewed 1 March 2014 via mobile

A nice and new Courtyard in the heart of the new business district of Guayquil, close to everything...downtown and 5 minutes from de airport
Spacious room, comfy bed and good service.
Breakfast buffet very good, good selection of fresh fruit and juices.
The downside was the food for lunch. I ordered chicken raviolis, total deception. I hope they improve.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank JMBV
Gabriel G, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Guayaquil, responded to this reviewResponded 17 March 2014

Dear JMBV,

We really appreciate the time you took to write your comments, please accept my sincere apologies; I’m taking care about the food quality with our Chef and the Food and Beverages Manager.

Hopefully you can visit Guayaquil very soon, I will be more than happy to assist you with hotel reservation and mainly to share our improvements at lunch and dinner.

Reviewed 20 February 2014

Arrive in Guayaquil form Phoenix. No luggage and was told to check in the morning. Saw the Courtyard shuttle out side so I got on and stayed the first of 2 nights at the Courtyard .Every thing was fine except the price. I asked for a better price, AAA, ARRP, OLD FART, anything. Sorry that is the best price I was told, WRONG, there was a better price if you booked on line by $30.00. It is a very nice place but I think in a boring part of town unless you know your way around. The breakfast was not much, maybe less then not much. Would not stay there again.

Room Tip: I think all the rooms will be good.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank HowardWestSeattleWA

Dear HowardWestSeattleWA,

Please accept my most sincere apologies for the inconvenient you experienced in your last trip to Guayaquil, sadly time can’t got back however I can assure you that we already took care to correct every detail you mentioned.

Once again please accept our apologies and hopefully you could back soon to Guayaquil, I personally will be in charge to make arrangements to ensure a free problem stay with us.