Courtyard by Marriott Guayaquil
US$149
Hilton.com
US$203
US$137
Unipark by Oro Verde Hotels(Guayaquil)
US$113
Hotels.com
  • Restaurant
US$77
TripAdvisor
All reviewssan marinoclose to the airportfloor to ceiling windowstop floorhotel staff isbusiness staywalking distancespecial thanksexcellent choicerooms are cleanshopping mallhotel shuttlebreakfast buffetrooftop poolbusiness or pleasurefront desk staffgreat view of the city
Reviewed 22 April 2014

We stayed here after visiting the Galapagos and were pleased with the accommodations and service. We did have to push for our upgrade, but it was courteously offered the next day. One note, washcloths are not provided (customary for many hotels outside the USA). We enjoyed the offerings for dinner one night. Loved the location of the fitness center where you can enjoy looking over the town while exercising. The pool is small but adequate. There are several shopping and eating options within walking distance---no need to cross the busy highway (which we did for other reasons).

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Gabriel G, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Guayaquil, responded to this reviewResponded 5 May 2014

Dear, Chapel Hill Explorer,

Thank you for taking the time to sharing your experience with the Courtyard Guayaquil.

I noticed that you did indicate your experience was satisfactory however we understand and appreciate you to let us know some areas to improve. We take great pride in ensuring our guest’s satisfaction. Our goal is to address your concerns so that we can ensure you have an exceptional experience on your next visit.

You’re a valued customer; everything we do is aimed at providing you with an excellent hotel experience. If I may be of assistance or if you have additional feedback you would be willing to share, please don’t hesitate to contact me.

Best Regards
Courtyard Guayaquil

Reviewed 8 April 2014 via mobile

The hotel is nice and modern. The rooms are big and clean. The staff is friendly but as slow as the WiFi. Don't expect to do anything else than checking your emails. Also, if you ask for something to the front desk, it will take you 5 phone calls, and 1:45 wait (just for a plug for the bath tub).

Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Gabriel G, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Guayaquil, responded to this reviewResponded 9 April 2014

Dear Alexandre C,

We really appreciate the time you took to write us your comments.
Please accept my most sincere apologies for the inconvenient during your stay with us, at this very moment we are working to improve our service and ensuring that your next stay at our beautiful hotel will be a free problem stay.
Please let me know the next time you visit Guayaquil, I will be more than happy to be of assistance.

Reviewed 7 April 2014

I stayed at this hotel during a business trip. Normally stay at the Sheraton but that hotel is getting old and warn down...so wanted to try something a bit different. The hotel is fairly new and in typical Courtyard fashion. The rates are reasonable considering the cost of the hotels in the surrounding area. Nice lobby and restaurant area. Rooms are spacious and nice. The staff is very courteous and friendly. The downfalls to the hotel are.....The AC units don't work well (had maintenace come up a few times!) and location. Near a mall but crossing the street to get there can be tricky (but don't let this keep you away).. I was disappointed with the upgrade service...I am a Platinum member at both Marriott and SPG. I was not upgraded.

Room Tip: Ask for a high level floor...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Gabriel G, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Guayaquil, responded to this reviewResponded 8 April 2014

Dear MRMARUTIAK,

I am very happy that you give us the opportunity to try our Hotel; mostly appreciated the time you took to writing us such as helpful comments.

Honoring your Marriott Reward status will add 5,000 points that you will see in your next statement

Hopefully you can visit Guayaquil very soon, I will be more than happy to assist you with the reservation at our beautiful hotel.

Reviewed 6 April 2014

The interior is decorated with your standard flare, but this branch/property is lacking customer service.

After arriving and calling for the shuttle from the airport, we were met outside and told we would be taking a random taxi from an Courtyard employee. This taxi had none of the official designations (cameras, driver info, etc.). We arrived safe and sound though, but was an awkward way to arrive.

Upon arrival we were greeted by a nice receptionist. She gave the regular run down about the hotel. Afterwards I mentioned I had received an email stating I was eligible for a free upgrade. However, the manager stated they only had room for part of our stay. Hmm, a little weird that the entire hotels booked on a Monday night. Sure enough I check the availability from my room and they have numerous rooms in the next tier.

All I can say is this place isn't focused on customer service.

• Stayed: April 2014
1  Thank Caroline H
Gabriel G, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Guayaquil, responded to this reviewResponded 7 April 2014

Estimated Caroline H,

In the name of all associates that Works at the Courtyard Guayaquil want to extend a warm welcome to our beautiful city “The Pearl of the Pacific” I want to thank you for the comments you give us and hopefully you are more comfortable in the new room assigned. Your comments are very valuable for us, we understand that this is the only way to learn and improve our service.

Please let us know what else we can do in order to have a better stay, we will be more than happy to be of help.

Reviewed 28 March 2014 via mobile

It all started with an efficient and friendly pick up by their courtesy van, a quick check in with bilingual staff, a sparkling clean room and an excellent in house restaurant. You certainly can find less expensive options but if you value any of the above points it's all relative.

• Stayed: March 2014
1  Thank John D
Gabriel G, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Guayaquil, responded to this reviewResponded 30 March 2014

Dear John D,

Thank you for the time you took to write such motivating words, It is wonderful to receive comments where our Guests tell us how our work fulfills their expectations, I will share your comments with all the staff as recognition for their service.

Please let us know the next time you visit Guayaquil, I will be more than happy to be of help for you,

Best Regards