All reviews typical courtyard san marino close to the airport floor to ceiling windows top floor special thanks walking distance restaurant staff hotel shuttle shopping mall breakfast buffet great view of the city business or pleasure front desk staff excellent stay taxi ride food court
Reviewed 14 June 2014

It's hard to believe that a hotel that waste so much food will make such a big deal about breakfast we are visiting from New York and booked our room thru a website which we use for travel all the time we requested early checking for one and they wanted us to pay a full day for an extra 3 hours all we wanted was to shower so we can continue our excursions we waited 3.5hours for a room according to the check in girl to be cleaned she said to go an have breakfast which we has to to pay $58 for 3 people by the way which was more like a continental breakfast no bacon or oatmeal or anything like that it was fruits, eggs and sausage and coffee juice so we paid it the girl at the front desk said no breakfast is free on the day of your stay which will be tomorrow we said ok no problem we got our room and showered and left we didn't get back till almost 1130pm in the morning my husband and sister in law go have breakfast I was still sleeping they sit to eat and after they are done they bring them a bill so they come up to the room to ask so I had to get up and go to the front desk to ask and the lady has the nerve to say that another lady who checked our reservation stated that breakfast was not included I said to her why didn't you notify us or said something before she claims she came to the room but we were not there why didn't she leave us a note or a message to stop at the front the desk I said to her I wasn't going to pay $58 again for a continental breakfast and she had to do something about it so of course there usual have a seat let me call my manager but of course after 1.5 hours of waiting I go back to the desk to follow up because I was gonna go elsewhere and eat breakfast she claims that she attempted to reach the manager 6 times but she is not answering since it's Saturday she is resting so just sit and wait till I can get a hold of her I decided to leave went to have breakfast I leave with my husband and my sister law decided to pay for her breakfast which all she has was coffee toast and a fruit they charged her $17 I refused to pay since my husbands barely are waiting to hear back and all he did was take a piece of waffle and a hot chocolate we got back from breakfast and she still can't get a hold of the manager I said to her you guys waste so much good I can't believe that you can't make a decision to just let my husband finish his breakfast ridiculous I said to her we picked these hotel because it said free breakfast and wifi if not I would of stayed at the Colon hotel for $5 more a night and she said nothing but shrug her shoulders my family and I travel a lot and stay at the marriott or Sheraton and we have not seen a hotel fight over giving someone breakfast I will never recommend this hotel to anyone especially knowing how much food they throw away as my sister is a regional manager for ramada hotels and she even said they should of just let you eat for free since they never left you a note or a message and made you pay the day before for breakfast they should've of done a courtesy for making you wait 3.5 hours for a room to be cleaned when lots of hotels do early checking as a courtesy NOT HAPPY AND IS ALMOST TIME TO CHECK OUT AND SHE STILL HASNT HEARD BACK FROM THE MANAGER TALK ABOUT CUSTOMER SERVICE HORRIBLE!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed: June 2014
3  Thank Evelyn R
Gabriel G, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Guayaquil, responded to this reviewResponded 16 June 2014

Dear Evelyn R

Thank you for taking the time to write us about your experience at the Courtyard Guayaquil.

I noticed that you did indicate your experience was less than satisfactory. Please accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience you may have experienced. We take great pride in ensuring our guest’s satisfaction. Unfortunately, we did not meet your expectations. Our goal is to address your concerns so that we can ensure you have an exceptional experience on your next visit.

If I may be of assistance or if you have additional feedback you would be willing to share, please don’t hesitate to contact me.

Reviewed 9 June 2014

I stayed in this hotel for business from the 4th to the 8th of June. The hotel is very nice and modern, rooms are a nice size and very comfortable. the gym in the top floor has a great view of Guayaquil and is very nicely outfitted, the pool is in the top floor too, while small it is very nice.
The service is outstanding in the hotel from the front desk to the restaurant personnel my hats off to them. It is a hotel mainly for business people and it is located in one of the main avenues of Guayaquil, the San Marino Mall is only two blocks away, there they have good restaurants and many shops. I highly recommend this hotel for your next stay in Guayaquil

Room Tip: Any high floor room will have good views of Guayaquil
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business

Dear Manny B,

We felt more than satisfied and proud reading your comments, it is our commitment to ensure your satisfaction and always be of help and service, and for sure I will share your comments to all our employees.

Thank you for your very kind comments and please let us know the next time your travel to Guayaquil.

Reviewed 8 June 2014

Marriott Hotel Guayaquil….a very nice, comfortable and reasonably quiet hotel, but the best feature was the people at the front desk and the restaurant! They were terrific, kind and helpful. The restaurant waiters never stopped smiling—so kind with NO attitude whatsoever and my check-in gal, Eliana, was very helpful and patient as I checked in and then later she helped me locate a local pool for my day with Josue Alexander because the hotel was more the size of a Jacuzzi than a pool! The room was very nice and comfortable with excellent wi-fi and all the necessities: coffee maker, frig, large room safe and cable television and a king size bed with great pillows!

Room Tip: Airport shuttle is FREE and just a 5-7 ride to the air port!
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo

Dear Colorado Climber,

We have at our hotel a program of recognition to the service of our servers and your comments will be very valuable on this process; it is our commitment to ensure your satisfaction and always be of help and service, and for sure I will share your comments to all our employees and for sure Eliana and some of them will be awarded.

Reviewed 27 May 2014

The staff was very nice but the hotel is a little rough around the corners. Web site states 24 hour room service but the hotel has no room service. So I went down to the lobby and in the middle of my order the young lady walks away. If not for the fact she and the rest of the staff were so nice you would be upset.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Danny S
Gabriel G, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Guayaquil, responded to this reviewResponded 28 May 2014

Dear Dany S,

Reviewed 25 May 2014

Wonderful experience at this hotel! What a nice place to stay after a long flight, and prepping for a flight back home. We didn't speak very fluent Spanish so the man at the front desk helpfully offered to order a pizza for my father and me on our last night in Ecuador. Everyone was so kind, the service was phenomenal, and the rooms are exactly as you'd expect (perfect, clean, and welcoming) at a Courtyard. The food was delicious, too - we had lunch at the cafe. Highly recommend!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Gabriel G, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Guayaquil, responded to this reviewResponded 27 May 2014

Dear Alexis Colvardrhodes,,