“Great Hotel for a business stay”

Ranked #12 of 62 Hotels in Guayaquil
Reviewed 23 July 2014 via mobile

Definitely this is not a fancy hotel, the decorations looks old and the location is no that great either, but when it comes to the service of their staff (specially in the restaurant) is when they excel and make you want to come back. The hotel would benefit with a new look.

Stayed: July 2014
Gabriel G, Director General at Courtyard by Marriott Guayaquil, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2014

Dear Augusto R,

Thank you for taking the time to write us about your experience at the Courtyard Guayaquil.

We have at our hotel a program of recognition to our servers and your comments will be very valuable on this process; it is our commitment to ensure your satisfaction and always be of help and service, and for sure I will share your comments to all our employees especially for those on the Vitro Restaurant.

If I may be of assistance or if you have additional feedback you would be willing to share, please don’t hesitate to contact me.

Reviewed 22 July 2014

I got sick while volunteering in a rural village a little ways up the coast and needed to get to the city (Guayaquil) to be closer to my doctor. Staying in Guayaquil for a few days I wanted to be in a hotel with american standards of cleanliness and service, unfortunately most of the options that fit that criteria cost upwards of $160 per night, which is way outside of my budget. The Marriott cost more like $100 dollars per night, and served my needs very well. They were even able to send someone for more medicine when I needed it. The bed was very comfortable, the water pressure was good, the air conditioning worked well, and everything was very clean. The rooftop pool although small is very relaxing with a beautiful view of the city. The restaurant was a little pricey but quite tasty and they were able to deliver food to my room which was so helpful. I took one star off because for some bizarre reason they refused to take my charge card for an incidentals account as it doesn't have raised numbers (they are starting to do away with raised numbers at many banks in the states for security reasons so the hotel is going to need to update that policy)

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo

Dear Abby Li W,

Thank you for taking the time for writing about your experience at our Courtyard Guayaquil and hopefully at this moment your health is totally restored.

Thank you also for share your comments about the key elements of our hoteI, it is our mission to accomplish our valuable guest expectations and we are more than happy to hear on your own voice that we did it. We have great pride about our beds that were made in Ecuador under the standards of Marriott; it is our commitment to offer the necessary comfort for a restful night.

Once again thank you for your very kind comments and please let us know the next time you travel to Guayaquil.

Reviewed 26 June 2014

My two children (18 and 20 years old) and I spent just one night at the Courtyard in Guayaquil before we headed to the Galapagos. After a long all day journey from Pennsylvania we arrived late and tired, only to be greeted by the hotel shuttle driver with both a smile and our name on his sign. The hotel seemed smaller than other Courtyards, but very clean and professional. We had the buffet breakfast in the morning and it was very good and bountiful. I highly recommend the breakfast buffet!

I'm a pretty picky sleeper but this hotel obviously invested in good firm mattresses, so I slept very well for our one night stay.

In the morning after filling up on a tasty nutritious breakfast (my son and I are vegetarians and there was plenty for us), the hotel shuttle took us back to the airport.

I highly recommend the Courtyard in Guayaquil for either a stopover like we had, or for a longer stay. Clean, professional, comfortable, courteous, dependable, with good food! I don't know how close it is in proximity to other touring sites but I'm sure if you are considering staying here you can check out it's closeness on a map.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Gabriel G, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Guayaquil, responded to this reviewResponded 16 July 2014

Dear Lori on the Go,

Thank you for taking your time for writing about your experience at Courtyard Guayaquil.

It is our mission to accomplish our valuable guest expectations and we are more than happy to hear on your own voice that we did it. With great pride I have to say that our mattresses were made in Ecuador under the standards of Marriott; it is our commitment to offer the necessary comfort for a restful night.

Reviewed 19 June 2014

Impressive service, restaurant area, counter, airport transportation, etc...this makes all the difference. Beats 5 star Marriotts I stayed in other places. The food is of very good quality, rooms look like hotel is either recently built or has been renovated. Location is also good, 2 blocks away from a mall with stores and restaurants if you want to take a walk or need anything.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Miguel G

Dear Miguel G,

We have at our hotel a program of recognition to the service of our servers and your comments will be very valuable on this process; it is our commitment to ensure your satisfaction and always be of help and service, and for sure I will share your comments to all our employees.
Thank you for your very kind comments and please let us know the next time your travel to Guayaquil.

Reviewed 14 June 2014

It's hard to believe that a hotel that waste so much food will make such a big deal about breakfast we are visiting from New York and booked our room thru a website which we use for travel all the time we requested early checking for one and they wanted us to pay a full day for an extra 3 hours all we wanted was to shower so we can continue our excursions we waited 3.5hours for a room according to the check in girl to be cleaned she said to go an have breakfast which we has to to pay $58 for 3 people by the way which was more like a continental breakfast no bacon or oatmeal or anything like that it was fruits, eggs and sausage and coffee juice so we paid it the girl at the front desk said no breakfast is free on the day of your stay which will be tomorrow we said ok no problem we got our room and showered and left we didn't get back till almost 1130pm in the morning my husband and sister in law go have breakfast I was still sleeping they sit to eat and after they are done they bring them a bill so they come up to the room to ask so I had to get up and go to the front desk to ask and the lady has the nerve to say that another lady who checked our reservation stated that breakfast was not included I said to her why didn't you notify us or said something before she claims she came to the room but we were not there why didn't she leave us a note or a message to stop at the front the desk I said to her I wasn't going to pay $58 again for a continental breakfast and she had to do something about it so of course there usual have a seat let me call my manager but of course after 1.5 hours of waiting I go back to the desk to follow up because I was gonna go elsewhere and eat breakfast she claims that she attempted to reach the manager 6 times but she is not answering since it's Saturday she is resting so just sit and wait till I can get a hold of her I decided to leave went to have breakfast I leave with my husband and my sister law decided to pay for her breakfast which all she has was coffee toast and a fruit they charged her $17 I refused to pay since my husbands barely are waiting to hear back and all he did was take a piece of waffle and a hot chocolate we got back from breakfast and she still can't get a hold of the manager I said to her you guys waste so much good I can't believe that you can't make a decision to just let my husband finish his breakfast ridiculous I said to her we picked these hotel because it said free breakfast and wifi if not I would of stayed at the Colon hotel for $5 more a night and she said nothing but shrug her shoulders my family and I travel a lot and stay at the marriott or Sheraton and we have not seen a hotel fight over giving someone breakfast I will never recommend this hotel to anyone especially knowing how much food they throw away as my sister is a regional manager for ramada hotels and she even said they should of just let you eat for free since they never left you a note or a message and made you pay the day before for breakfast they should've of done a courtesy for making you wait 3.5 hours for a room to be cleaned when lots of hotels do early checking as a courtesy NOT HAPPY AND IS ALMOST TIME TO CHECK OUT AND SHE STILL HASNT HEARD BACK FROM THE MANAGER TALK ABOUT CUSTOMER SERVICE HORRIBLE!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed: June 2014
3  Thank Evelyn R
Gabriel G, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Guayaquil, responded to this reviewResponded 16 June 2014

Dear Evelyn R

I noticed that you did indicate your experience was less than satisfactory. Please accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience you may have experienced. We take great pride in ensuring our guest’s satisfaction. Unfortunately, we did not meet your expectations. Our goal is to address your concerns so that we can ensure you have an exceptional experience on your next visit.

Reviewed 9 June 2014

I stayed in this hotel for business from the 4th to the 8th of June. The hotel is very nice and modern, rooms are a nice size and very comfortable. the gym in the top floor has a great view of Guayaquil and is very nicely outfitted, the pool is in the top floor too, while small it is very nice.
The service is outstanding in the hotel from the front desk to the restaurant personnel my hats off to them. It is a hotel mainly for business people and it is located in one of the main avenues of Guayaquil, the San Marino Mall is only two blocks away, there they have good restaurants and many shops. I highly recommend this hotel for your next stay in Guayaquil

Room Tip: Any high floor room will have good views of Guayaquil
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business

Dear Manny B,

We felt more than satisfied and proud reading your comments, it is our commitment to ensure your satisfaction and always be of help and service, and for sure I will share your comments to all our employees.

Reviewed 8 June 2014

Marriott Hotel Guayaquil….a very nice, comfortable and reasonably quiet hotel, but the best feature was the people at the front desk and the restaurant! They were terrific, kind and helpful. The restaurant waiters never stopped smiling—so kind with NO attitude whatsoever and my check-in gal, Eliana, was very helpful and patient as I checked in and then later she helped me locate a local pool for my day with Josue Alexander because the hotel was more the size of a Jacuzzi than a pool! The room was very nice and comfortable with excellent wi-fi and all the necessities: coffee maker, frig, large room safe and cable television and a king size bed with great pillows!

Room Tip: Airport shuttle is FREE and just a 5-7 ride to the air port!
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo

Dear Colorado Climber,

We have at our hotel a program of recognition to the service of our servers and your comments will be very valuable on this process; it is our commitment to ensure your satisfaction and always be of help and service, and for sure I will share your comments to all our employees and for sure Eliana and some of them will be awarded.