“All as expected from a Marriott”

Ranked #12 of 62 Hotels in Guayaquil
Reviewed 24 August 2014

I came here for the first time and enjoyed the hotel. It's as good, if not better of any Courtyard I have stayed in the world. It's located besides a large shopping mall (San Marino) and near the airport. It's at a major road but at the 11th floor it was relatively quiet.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
Gabriel G, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Guayaquil, responded to this reviewResponded 9 September 2014

Dear Diego R,

Thank you for taking the time to write us about your experience at the Courtyard Guayaquil.

Thank you for using our Courtyard Hotels around the world and thank you for considering us a good option in Guayaquil.

If I may be of assistance or if you have additional feedback you would be willing to share, please don’t hesitate to contact me.

Reviewed 23 August 2014 via mobile

The rooms were a great value: the price was extremely reasonable. There are useable electrical outlets in the bathroom, and by the bed, and at the desk (yay!). Enough for all of my stuff that needs charging and/or power. Wifi worked great in the room. Everything was clean. Very basic but just fine for a brief business stay. Staff was super nice. Mobile check-in is available, but no mobile check-out.

Stayed: August 2014

Dear Wings 415,

Thank you for such as good description of our facilities for travelers that need to be connected with the world, we are very proud to be the best connectivity hotel in Guayaquil.

Reviewed 20 August 2014

I stayed here with my son for one night in July 2014. The hotel is convenient to the airport and we found the staff to be helpful and professional. The ventilation in our room was noisy. The restaurant served average food at high prices. This place was fine for a night or two, but nothing else too compelling really.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Gabriel G, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Guayaquil, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2014

Dear Bufo_Spodimus

I noticed that you did indicate your experience was less than satisfactory. Please accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience you may have experienced. We take great pride in ensuring our guest’s satisfaction. Unfortunately, we did not meet your expectations. Our goal is to address your concerns so that we can ensure you have an exceptional experience on your next visit.

Reviewed 31 July 2014

I was a little concerned before our arrival as I saw the hotel was a category 2 in the Marriott hotel categories. I was pleasantly surprised. Hotel staff was very professional and helpful. Not fancy hotel, but very nice lobby and rooms were clean. The hotel is next to a shopping mall and variety of restaurants. We walked to the mall for dinner. Good security.

Room Tip: I'm a Marriott gold member, so wifi was complimentary.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank travelerJN
Gabriel G, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Guayaquil, responded to this reviewResponded 10 September 2014

Dear Traveler JN,

Thank you for taking the time for writing about your experience at our Courtyard Guayaquil.

Thank you for your very good description of our location, facilities and staff for travelers in this beautiful city of Guayaquil.

Reviewed 23 July 2014 via mobile

Definitely this is not a fancy hotel, the decorations looks old and the location is no that great either, but when it comes to the service of their staff (specially in the restaurant) is when they excel and make you want to come back. The hotel would benefit with a new look.

Stayed: July 2014
Gabriel G, Director General at Courtyard by Marriott Guayaquil, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2014

Dear Augusto R,

We have at our hotel a program of recognition to our servers and your comments will be very valuable on this process; it is our commitment to ensure your satisfaction and always be of help and service, and for sure I will share your comments to all our employees especially for those on the Vitro Restaurant.

Reviewed 22 July 2014

I got sick while volunteering in a rural village a little ways up the coast and needed to get to the city (Guayaquil) to be closer to my doctor. Staying in Guayaquil for a few days I wanted to be in a hotel with american standards of cleanliness and service, unfortunately most of the options that fit that criteria cost upwards of $160 per night, which is way outside of my budget. The Marriott cost more like $100 dollars per night, and served my needs very well. They were even able to send someone for more medicine when I needed it. The bed was very comfortable, the water pressure was good, the air conditioning worked well, and everything was very clean. The rooftop pool although small is very relaxing with a beautiful view of the city. The restaurant was a little pricey but quite tasty and they were able to deliver food to my room which was so helpful. I took one star off because for some bizarre reason they refused to take my charge card for an incidentals account as it doesn't have raised numbers (they are starting to do away with raised numbers at many banks in the states for security reasons so the hotel is going to need to update that policy)

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo

Dear Abby Li W,

Thank you for taking the time for writing about your experience at our Courtyard Guayaquil and hopefully at this moment your health is totally restored.

Thank you also for share your comments about the key elements of our hoteI, it is our mission to accomplish our valuable guest expectations and we are more than happy to hear on your own voice that we did it. We have great pride about our beds that were made in Ecuador under the standards of Marriott; it is our commitment to offer the necessary comfort for a restful night.

Once again thank you for your very kind comments and please let us know the next time you travel to Guayaquil.

Reviewed 26 June 2014

My two children (18 and 20 years old) and I spent just one night at the Courtyard in Guayaquil before we headed to the Galapagos. After a long all day journey from Pennsylvania we arrived late and tired, only to be greeted by the hotel shuttle driver with both a smile and our name on his sign. The hotel seemed smaller than other Courtyards, but very clean and professional. We had the buffet breakfast in the morning and it was very good and bountiful. I highly recommend the breakfast buffet!

I'm a pretty picky sleeper but this hotel obviously invested in good firm mattresses, so I slept very well for our one night stay.

In the morning after filling up on a tasty nutritious breakfast (my son and I are vegetarians and there was plenty for us), the hotel shuttle took us back to the airport.

I highly recommend the Courtyard in Guayaquil for either a stopover like we had, or for a longer stay. Clean, professional, comfortable, courteous, dependable, with good food! I don't know how close it is in proximity to other touring sites but I'm sure if you are considering staying here you can check out it's closeness on a map.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Gabriel G, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Guayaquil, responded to this reviewResponded 16 July 2014

Dear Lori on the Go,

Thank you for taking your time for writing about your experience at Courtyard Guayaquil.

It is our mission to accomplish our valuable guest expectations and we are more than happy to hear on your own voice that we did it. With great pride I have to say that our mattresses were made in Ecuador under the standards of Marriott; it is our commitment to offer the necessary comfort for a restful night.