“Noisy!”

Sonesta Hotel Guayaquil
Ranked #7 of 62 Hotels in Guayaquil
Reviewed 22 July 2012

Brand new hotel in very convienent (although not pretty)location. Staff extremely nice and willing to help.
A few major flaws that completely ruin what would be a very nice hotel:
- the noise! One side of the hotel is right on top of generators that make an incredible amount of noise 24 hrs. Unforvigable, especially for those (like me) with very light sleep.
- everything you request on the phone, you have to ask twice. This happened several times, and includes wake up calls (when you don't have the chance to ask twice; if I left it up to the hotel I would have missed my flight)
- room was smelly!
- free internet was a disaster.

• Stayed: July 2012

Reviewed 18 July 2012

Great service, installations and location. The swimming pool is small but still OK if no so many people around

• Stayed: July 2012
Reviewed 15 July 2012

Spent 9 weeks here, good friendly staff.
Food good, rooms clean and spaceous.
Good security and located next to mall do sol with food court and separate high end restaurants.
Pool small.
Located next to airport with view of runway but noise level very low.

Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
Sonesta H, Gerente at Sonesta Hotel Guayaquil, responded to this reviewResponded 22 September 2012

Dear guest

We are very happy of recieve your comment. You were our guest of long stay and we apreciate you in all this time.

We read all your comments that you let us and we pledge that we going to improve.

We hope to see you soon. If you have any question, suggestion or additional requests, pleas contact us, we will be happy to assist you.

Santiago Galárraga C.
General Manager.

Reviewed 7 June 2012

I was only in Guayaquil for a night, but this was my splurge hotel because I wanted to be able to sleep after a day of air travel and before I hit the 4 hour bus to Cuenca the next day. So, quiet AC was key! The Sonesta is new, and I figured the AC units would be newer and quieter and there would be no musty smell that hotels in the tropics tend to have. This theory turned out to be correct.

The service was impeccable. I was greated by name and quickly issued a key to my room. I didnt have my Sonesta membership number, but the woman at the front desk was able to track it down and insured my stay was credited to my number.

The room was clean and new. It looked well designed, but some cheap construction finishes were a little obvious. The panel above my head was rough edged particle-board, which is fine but it could have been finished more smoothly. Again, this is a picky little thing that I probably wouldnt have noticed if I wasnt looking up at it. Also, the counter in the bathroom was a little too long, and I scratched myself on a rough edge every time I sat down or got up from the toilet.

The breakfast buffet was substantial and if I wasnt about to get on a bus for 4 hours (that I heard could be a curvy ride around mountains), I would have probably eaten more. I wish I had known there was an airport shuttle - or maybe there wasn't. When I booked there wasn't one according to the site and the chain's reservation line, but when I got a survey email from the hotel - it asked about the shuttle, so it was possibly added after I inquired about it.

Airport noise was minimal despite the proximity. I think I heard 1 plane take off in the entire time I was there.

Room Tip: the hotel is shaped like an oval with 2 pointy ends- I had a room in the point of the oval (609 or 6...
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank evening
Reviewed 29 May 2012

Brand new hotel, close to the airport, friendly staff the shuttle pick up gives you security upon arrival. The mall is next door, with many options for lunch or dinner and shopping. Extremelly recomended

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank tobype2001
Reviewed 20 May 2012

excellent location for biz travellers who stay only 1 or 2 nights or travellers connecting next day to other destinations, close to the airport, with a shuttle bus, friendly staff, fair price

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 31 October 2011

Pretty good hotel. brand new near the airport! rooms have a good size and all have a nice flat 42 inch tv. bathroom could be a little nicer but nothing to complain about!
breakfast is pretty good, good service! you have the mall right next to you and can connect without walking in the street!
overall a decent place to stay for a couple of nights. the pool is not great at all! the gym is pretty good though!

for the price its a great value!! very clean hotel which is the important thing!

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank panajoe81
Travellers also viewed these Guayaquil hotels
Wyndham Guayaquil
#5 of 62 in Guayaquil
Hotel Palace Guayaquil
Hotel Palace Guayaquil
#4 of 62 in Guayaquil

Been to Sonesta Hotel Guayaquil? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Sonesta Hotel Guayaquil

Address: Joaquin Orrantia Av. and Leopoldo Benitez Street | (next to Mall del Sol), Guayaquil 090150, Ecuador
Region: Ecuador > Guayas Province > Guayaquil
Bar / Lounge Business Centre with Internet Access Fitness Centre with Gym / Workout Room Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Restaurant Room Service Shuttle Bus service Spa Swimming Pool Airport Transportation
Ranked #7 of 62 Hotels in Guayaquil
Price Range: £80 - £163 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:4.5 star — Sonesta Hotel Guayaquil 4.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Hotels.com, HotelsClick, Ebookers, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Sonesta Hotel Guayaquil reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.