“Comfortable and helpful”

Ranked #9 of 62 Hotels in Guayaquil
Reviewed 12 December 2013

Stayed 2 nights before and one after my trip to the Galapagos. Was picked up at the airport by arranged shuttle from the hotel. Very nice large and clean bed & bath rooms. Comfortable beds. Breakfast buffet was marvelous. Lots and Lots of choices from Continental to South American. Tried some new & delicious foods.
Hotel arranged for a approved taxi to take us to a main tourist site and we planned a time to be picked up. Nice driver and right on time. Paid arranged fee on return.
Staff from cleaning crew to check in was cheerful and helpful

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
hiltonguayaquil, Hilton Colon Guayaquil at Hilton Colon Guayaquil, responded to this reviewResponded 23 December 2013

Dear Jan, thank you for your great comments. We are very glad you liked staying with us. Hope you come back soon.

Reviewed 11 December 2013

Well we were definitely delighted with our stay at this hotel a large Christmas tree was being erected and the hotel was tastefully decorated we had stayed one night before our trip to the Galapagos Islands so now we enjoyed a further days stay prior to flying back home On our first nights stay we were upgraded to executive class which was very much appreciated and again
we found we had been upgraded This was a treat for us and we enjoyed the free drinks and tasty snacks provided in the lounge quite a delightful welcome gesture This is in our opinion a really comfortable hotel and the buffet breakfast was extensive you would have to be very fussy not to find something you liked would have liked to stay longer may be another time we will.

Room Tip: High floor rooms for better view.

Dear Mr. Cornishdragon
We are delighted you enjoyed staying with us. Hope to see you soon again. Regards,

Reviewed 1 December 2013

This is only an average business class hotel with a really awful but very extensive buffet for all three meals and a nice-ish pool outside in a small (really small) tropical setting. The restaurant is overpriced and the buffet style alternative looks onto the street; there is no access to the pool except through the spa in the basement so no poolside dining at all. The pool may just be around 20 yards so possible for lap swimming but the swim up bar seems to attract people at one end. The rooms are the usual Hilton rooms; no complaints here. Windows that open, nice views higher up and the usual comfortable beds with good bedding and a large bathroom, safe and desk space. The reading lights are odd; they are on all night with a glow; I removed the bulb; problem solved... the hotel is used extensively pre Galapagos Islands so fairly full when boats are leaving. The hotel is close to the airport and reasonably close by taxi to downtown and the Malecon. Agood stopover on the way to or from the islands but the SLOW service rather spoils the welcome.

Room Tip: High floor pool side.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
hiltonguayaquil, Hilton Colon Guayaquil at Hilton Colon Guayaquil, responded to this reviewResponded 10 December 2013

Dear Guest
Your comments are much appreciated. They let us improve our service and amend our mistakes. Best regards

Reviewed 1 December 2013

Our room was clean,bed comfy, but really nothing special. Close to airport. Friendly staff and willing to help. They should utilize the pool facilities more and make it easier to get to. Elevator needs your key card to operate. Great idea, but no one told us. Took a while to figure it out? Public transport and taxis readily available if needed. Really no views from our room, don't know about other rooms. Staff was decorating for Christmas so everything was very festive with huge tree in lobby. Beverages complimentary upon arrival.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family

Dear Harmetc
We appreciate your comments. They are very important for us. Best regards,

Reviewed 29 November 2013

Located in the business neighborhood Kennedy near the airport, this hotel has the trappings of a resort hotel -- spa with facials, massages, etc.; pool with poolside bar; suites with balconies. I've stayed here four times and enjoyed all of them. On this last trip, my wife and I were in Guayaquil for 3 nights on our way from the Galapagos back to the USA. We took advantage of the breakfasts at the executive lounge (very good) and the happy hour drinks and food, which usually substitued for dinner, was even better. We both made use of the spa. The staff are wonderful. Most speak some English. I'll be back the next time I am in Guayaquil.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Donald C,Thank you for your comments. We are very glad you enjoyed our property. We hope you come back soon. Best regards

Reviewed 27 November 2013

The hotel is fabulous and unlike any other Hilton property that I have stayed. The service is incredible. I was arriving late from The Amazon and had a conference the next day. The spa staff stayed late so that I could have my hair blown out and a manicure. The restaurant let me grab a quick dinner to go which I ate while having a manicure and my hair blown out at the same time. The fact that this could all be accomplished with such ease is a true testament to the hotel's service. The spa is absolutely beautiful and I was sorry to have missed the opportunity to have had a massage.

The rooms are large, nice and immaculate. The beds are extremely comfortable.
Of course, I always enjoy the Peter Thomas Roth amenities.

The hotel is located near the airport which is about a 15-minute drive.

The buffet for breakfast and dinner is incredible. The selection is enormous and delicious especially, the shrimp cerviche.

Thank you for a wonderful stay and I look forward to returning.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business

We are very glad you gave us the opportunity to serve you. Is is great to know we could feel your expectations ! We really hope you come back soon. Best regards

A TripAdvisor Member
Brunswick, Georgia
Reviewed 25 November 2013

I would be remiss if I did not mention one of your employees - Cesar, a very kind bellman who took the time to make sure I was taken care of. Cesar saw me heading out during my last night and asked where I was going. I told him I just wanted to get out and see Guayaquil. He could see I was by myself and reminded me of the security check list I had received at check in. He asked if I was fluent in Spanish, I said no and I could see the look of worry on his face even though I told him I understood the risk. He told me his shift would be ending shortly and asked if he could accompany me because he felt I would be safer with a local than by myself. I welcomed the company. Cesar took me to a place not too far from the hotel where there were many locals having fun and enjoying life. We discussed life, family and work. His English was perfect, but what struck me the most about him was his heart. I was no one but a customer to him... that's right, a customer. He took personal responsibility for my safety because I was his customer and he didn't want harm to come to me. He asked for nothing - even though I know from our conversation he had a young child at home and could have used anything I would have offered. I have to say he impressed me. I've been in business for many years and know that it's the guys like him that keep customers like me coming back - simply put, he cares enough to put the customer first. I wish I had a team of gentlemen like Cesar working for me. Please pass along my thanks to him. I hope his supervisors recognize the contributions he makes and will reward him for it. From my short assessment of him I would say he is easily promotable and would serve Hilton well in any capacity he was requested to fill. Thank you for listening. Kind regards, Jason Hagen

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
hiltonguayaquil, Hilton Colon Guayaquil at Hilton Colon Guayaquil, responded to this reviewResponded 28 November 2013

Dear Mr. Hagen, thank you for your nice comments about César. We know he is a great team member and feel very proud of his honesty and positive attitude. We are glad you had a great and safe time while staying with us.