1,141 results
All reviews the river rooftop pool great hotel santa ana hill both visits modern hotel close to the airport chain hotel free shuttle to the airport enjoyed my stay room was spacious felt safe breakfast buffet walking distance coffee maker spent one night galapagos islands
Reviewed 18 June 2018

very nice hotel. Our rooms were big, quiet and comfortable. We stayed at the beginning and end of our 3 week trip to Ecuador which we loved. The hotel is so great because it is by the water and we walked by the water to the area where all the restaurants are. So many to choose from all facing the water. Breakfast buffet is plentiful with a great view. Would not hesitate to stay there again. Our first stop was the Galapagos.

Room Tip: Loved our rooms-501 and603-very quiet
  • Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
María de los Án... C, General Manager at Wyndham Guayaquil, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2018

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. We hope you can visit us again.

Reviewed 6 June 2018

I stayed at the Wyndham Guayaquil just one night before flying to the Galapagos for scuba diving. The hotel is reasonably close to the airport. The employees were uniformly friendly, considerate, and hard working

My room was large, spotless, internet access was perfect, comfortable bed, great shower. I had a beautiful view of the river to boot.

Room included a delicious breakfast before I headed back to the airport.

I would not hesitate to recommend the Wyndham Guayaquil to anyone and would certainly consider staying there again, should I be lucky enough to return.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled solo
María de los Án... C, General Manager at Wyndham Guayaquil, responded to this reviewResponded 11 June 2018

Dear Mr. Craig,

Thank you for taking the time to share your valuable opinion with us. We are happy to receive your comments. We are looking forward to host you again soon.

Reviewed 1 June 2018 via mobile

Very new and modern hotel. Room overlooked the river. Quality of the room was very good. Breakfast was good with plenty of variety. Staff helpful. In a quite area and very close to many restaurants along the river promenade. Very good location and felt safe. Would recommend this hotel.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear Christine,

Thank you for the review, it was a pleasure for us to receive and we hope we can do it again.

Reviewed 28 May 2018

only stayed one night here proper five star hotel .room 102 looks right out to a spectacular
view of the water.nice bar and very nice restaurant .there is all so a small fridge in the room
well stocked with beer and soft drinks all good.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
María de los Án... C, General Manager at Wyndham Guayaquil, responded to this reviewResponded 1 June 2018

Dear Johnny,

Thank you for taking the time to share your valuable opinion with us. We are looking forward to host you again soon.

Reviewed 16 May 2018

I was amazed by this hotel in so many ways. We stayed two nights prior to flying to the Galapagos Islands and one night upon return. Highlights:
-Huge and very clean room with amazing view of the river. You are literally perched over the river. We had the 6th and 7th floor room on successive visits. Free bottle of water for tooth brushing.
-Airport pick up- call the desk and arrange in advance. A wonderful driver in uniform will be waiting for you with your name on a card outside of baggage claim. Even though it took an hour to retrieve our baggage, the driver was cheerfully waiting for us. A huge relief. Once at the hotel, there is 24 hour service to the airport, on the hour.
--Desk staff--A shout out to Rolando, who could not have been nicer or more helpful, with my many questions. He was cheerful and polite, and always called me by name. An exceptional employee!
--Location!! Right on the river walk. The first weekend we were there, there was a Cinqo de Mayo festival right in front of hotel. IT was fabulous, with music, local crafts and local food vendors. Despite the festival, when we went to bed, we did not hear a sound. The whole river walk area felt very very safe and we enjoyed walking around day and evening.
--Breakfast buffet. By far, the best free hotel breakfast I have ever eaten. Ecuadorian and continental food--eggs, meats,ceviche, loads of fresh fruit and breads, homemade juices, excellent coffee. The buffet was enormous and everything was delicious. I was amazed. Excellent service. Outside there is a patio which is a wonderful place to have a drink or light dinner in the evening. Only downside is that smoking is allowed on the patio.
--Storage during your stay in the Galapagos, or wherever. The staff stored a hat I bought and other items I did not need for the Galapagos, and cheerfully brought them to me when I returned. No charge.
In short (not), this is the best managed hotel in which I have ever stayed. It was only $135 ($170 with many taxes) and worth every penny. Truly, the room and service was on the level of a $300 a night hotel. A wonderful haven after a busy trip to Galapagos.

Room Tip: Upper level. I believe all rooms are river view and very quiet
  • Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
María de los Án... C, General Manager at Wyndham Guayaquil, responded to this reviewResponded 22 May 2018

Dear Guest,

We are extremely happy because of your great experience. It was a pleasure for us to welcome you and to offer the service that you deserve.

We hope you can visit us again in a near future.