“Short stay”

Ranked #3 of 62 Hotels in Guayaquil
Reviewed 18 March 2014

The staff was great! Wonderful location and nice rooms. This would be my first choice in Guayaquil. The breakfast is a perfect way to start the day.

We liked that the hotel had their own taxis.

The city is incredibly divesrse.

Room Tip: The nearby iguana park is a lovely place to spend time among the shade trees. The Mercado was disap...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
2  Thank Dealette
Lorena G, Director Comercial at Hotel Palace Guayaquil, responded to this reviewResponded 21 March 2014

Dear Guest:

Receive warm greetings on behalf of the staff of Hotel Palace.

Thank you very much for sharing your experience with us. We are proud to read that Hotel Palace has become your first choice for lodging in Guayaquil.

Thank you very much! We will be waiting for your next stay.

Reviewed 13 March 2014

This hotel does not live up to the previous reviews. Breakfast is awful, rooms smell and service is slow. I would not stay here again. This is not a hotel for tourists as there is nothing in the area to eat or visit.

• Stayed: March 2014
3  Thank Fraiche_13
Lorena G, Director Comercial at Hotel Palace Guayaquil, responded to this reviewResponded 17 March 2014

Dear Guest:

Thank you very much for taking your time to share your opinion of the Hotel on tripadvisor.

Hotel Palace located at the downtown area bring tourists within walking distance the following attractions:

• Malecón 2000, less than one mile -400 meters- or 6 minutes by walking
• Iguana Park, less than one mile -250 meters- or 3 minutes by walking
• Cathedral Church , less than one mile -350 meters- or 4 minutes by walking
• Museum Municipal, less than one mile - 350 meters- or 4 minutes by walking
• Las Peñas Neighborhood less than one mile -1.4km- or 19 minutes by walking
• Santa Ana Hill less than one mile -1.4 km – or 19 minutes by walking
• Handicraft Market, less than one mile – 1.1 Km – or 13 minutes by walking

We are very sorry that you were unable to take advantage of the location of the Hotel.

Please do not hesitate to contact me directly should you have any inquire regarding our services.

Lorena Garay C

Reviewed 5 March 2014

Room was clean and of decent size. Easy walking distance to most of what Guayaquil has to offer. In house restaurant was pretty good. Order got mixed up but they were quick to fix. Breakfast was great with a good selection of pastries, meats drinks etc. Very pleasant staff. I would consider staying there again if I found myself back in Guayaquil.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank hickeyiii
Lorena G, Director Comercial at Hotel Palace Guayaquil, responded to this reviewResponded 6 March 2014

Dear Guest:

Thank you very much for sharing your experience at Hotel Palace.

Your feedback is very useful for us and especially for travelers looking for a comfortable, clean and good location hotel.

It is good to know that we were quick to fix the problem with your order at the restaurant, as we always emphasize to staff it is important to be proactive.

Please come back soon we´ll be waiting for you!

Reviewed 25 February 2014

We stayed here before our trip to the Galapagos and again before our trip back to the US. Very friendly staff and terrific breakfast. We had to leave early for airport and they packed a bag breakfast for us to eat. We also ate in the restaurant for dinner and it was one of our best meals on our trip. Location was convenient to the airport. Enjoyed walking to the Malecon and to the iguana park. Department store next door offered chance for last minute shopping.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
2  Thank mathmoma
Lorena G, Director Comercial at Hotel Palace Guayaquil, responded to this reviewResponded 5 March 2014

Dear Guest:

Thank you very much for sharing your experience at the hotel on Tripadvisor.

I have forwarded your comments about the restaurant to our Chef, and he is very thankful for your comments and the time you have taken to write about it.

Definitely many of our guest find conveniente to have a department store and a supermarket next door and we are happy about that.

Thank you for choosing Hotel Palace for your stay in Guayaquil!

Reviewed 16 February 2014

I stayed at this hotel while on business. I had planned to stay for one night, but due to my flight being canceled, I stayed 2 days. The hotel was very clean and comfortable. I ended up eating in the restaurant the first night because I arrived very late, and it was quiet with great food and service, so I ended up eating there the second night as well. I rarely eat at a hotel restaurant. But the absolutely best part of the stay was the hotel staff who were SO helpful and friendly. They went above and beyond to answer my questions, and accommodate my unexpected extra night. Also, when I asked where a pharmacy was and the front desk manager offered to show me, he actually walked me down the street to it! I thought he was just going to point me in the right direction which would have been fine because I am a seasoned traveler in Latin America. The hotel is conveniently located near the Malecon, plazas, restaurants, and stores. I highly recommend it.

Room Tip: I stayed on the second floor, and it was quiet.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank DMC694
Lorena G, Director Comercial at Hotel Palace Guayaquil, responded to this reviewResponded 27 February 2014

Dear Guest:

On behalf the staff of Hotel Palace receive our warm greetings!

I have shared your comments with The Chef of the Hotel and the Front Desk Manager. We are happy to read that your stay was pleasant. We value very much your recommendation on this portal.

Please choose Hotel Palace for your next visit to Guayaquil, it will be great to have you here again.

Reviewed 16 February 2014

We were only here one night and had to leave before breakfast to go to the airport, but our room was very nice and the hotel was attractive. It is an easy walk to the iguana park and the Malecon.
On a Sunday everything around the hotel was closed and the area was not very inviting.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank AndoverDan

Dear Guest:

Thank you very much for rate us on Trip advisor and share your experience with us and other travellers.

We really appreciate your comments and hope your next visit be longer than this one.

Lorena Garay C

Reviewed 20 January 2014

The title said it all :-) We stayed at the Hilton Guayaquil before, and thought that Hotel Palace offers the same quality...at half the price. The location is also better, we were able to see all the main attractions on foot and always felt safe outside (during the day!). On our last day, we had to leave at 5 am to catch our flight and missed the included breakfast. I asked the front desk if it was possible to get a small discount in exchange or anything else, but the lady said no, wothout ever telling us that we could have asked for a breakfast basket. I learned about that possibility while reading reviews on trip advisor afterwards...! It's my only complaint, would definitely go back to this hotel.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Maria M
Lorena G, Director Comercial at Hotel Palace Guayaquil, responded to this reviewResponded 27 January 2014

Dear Guest:

Thank you very for trusting in Hotel Palace for you stay at the city.

It is very important to us to meet your expectations. We feel sorry to read that the Front Desk Clerk didn´t offer you our service of breakfast to go for early departures, please accept our apologies.

Thanks for posting such a nice comment about our Hotel, we are glad to know that you enjoy your stay.

We look forward to receive your next visit.

Hotel Palace Guayquil