“Interesting mix of Italian and Caribean”
Review of Riviera

Riviera
Ranked #4 of 579 Restaurants in Guayaquil
Price range: US$15 - US$30
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: We offer the best gourmet Italian food accompanied by a calm and relaxing atmosphere. We have a wide menu with pasta, fresh pasta, risotti, seafood, meat and a varied selection of dishes for vegetarians.
Reviewed 22 June 2018 via mobile

Riviera delivers a positive result of combining both apparently diverse cultures. They meet at the seafood dishes. Ecuador has a rich and diverse fresh seafood offering which Riviera tastefully uses.

Reviewed 18 June 2018 via mobile

Great tilapia dish! Such a nice, real food with a lovely family feel. One of the best restaurants in town.

Reviewed 18 June 2018

Riviera is one of the most traditional restaurants in Guayaquil. Very consistent food and service. Owners are Italian and you can notice it by the food, pasta is great and pizzza is even better.

Reviewed 17 June 2018 via mobile

We loved this restaurant! Is a good blend of cultures, Ecuadorian version of Italian food!!!! Is a most go in Urdesa.

Reviewed 26 March 2018

Italian food???
I don't know what to say. As I am Croatian a we have traditionally almost same food, and I was quite often visiting Italy, mostly Roma, Ancona, Venecia, Pescara and Naples. I think that I know what I am talking about. Food is not bad, I would say not so bad. But seem that owner and employees doesn't know anything about Mediterranean way of cooking and preparing the food.
They are using Italian names for food that is completely different. I mean not every sauce with minced meat could be called Bolognese sauce. That what I got accompanied by risotto what they call cheese Parmesan...look like one of those processed cheeses, at least by teste....and definitely it was not old enough .
The sad part of this story is that owner and chef as well as waitress doesn't know how the food should be prepared to be called Italian style as well as....this is funny now, in the restaurant they have refrigerated glass showcase where they keep prosciutto and Parmesan cheese for sale...small rolls of cheese not heavier then 3 kg (Parmesan cheese is not less then 5kg and up to 15 kg) and all cut in perfect slices, not single nugget broke off...
And espresso for the end...filter coffee American style mor or less 1 dcl
But with wine I was satisfied, I asked for Chilean wine which taste I know from before
I really don't know, this foolish cheating of customers can only be a product of ignorance, egoizam and negligence. I can't believe that they know what they are doing