“One of the best in Guayaquil”
Review of Pique y Pase

Pique y Pase
Ranked #105 of 541 Restaurants in Guayaquil
Price range: US$4 - US$10
Cuisines: Ecuadorean
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 13 April 2013

Very delicious food. Great service. Just nice! They serve traditional ecuadorian cuisine, at a very high level for a very good price.

Reviewed 1 April 2013

I had a day to spend in Guayaquil. Luckily I was with a local who showed me around town - Malecon, Mirador, etc. I asked him to take me to a restaurant that serves traditional Ecuadorian cuisine.

The guards standing by the doorways were ... interesting, but from what I saw of the rest of the city with all the armed guards, I did not think much of it. (If you drive there and park, be sure to tip the guards after the meal - $1 would suffice.) Inside, it was neat and airy. There was just another couple in the restaurant. It was Sunday night; I could not order alcohol due to the day of the week.

I ordered rice, beans, and meat. My guide had the rice, lentils, and meat. With sodas, the bill came out to be $20. I suppose in these parts the bill could be considered expensive, but I didn't mind at all. Cost, after all, is relative.

The food was good, the atmosphere was good. I'd go back here again, provided I can safely get there and back.

Reviewed 11 January 2013

what a surprise! I love the new menu choices on this restaurant. they have been around for many years. last time I visit this place, I had a blast with the arroz con moros choices. I strongly recommend the Urdesa location. great service

Reviewed 14 August 2012

Good food, a bit expensive (if you relate this place with others around the city). I would recomend the "moro".

Reviewed 30 June 2012

love the chimichurri and the fact i can order to deliver.