“For Pie Lovers”

Shenandoah Pie Shop
Ranked #1 of 1 Dessert in Otavalo
Reviewed 27 June 2014

This was recommended by a friend who is a "frequent flyer" and I was happy to discover such good pie in Otavalo.
Being close to Plaza Poncho makes it a nice little break from the intensity of being in the market.
Sweet women and great service. If you love pie, you will appreciate this place.
My favorite was the Apple with ice cream. Yum =}

Reviewed 2 June 2014

This Pie place is easy to find right on the main square (ponchos)
When we were there, there were 3 flavours to choose from:
Apple, Blackberry or Pineapple, served with or without icecream.

We shared one, as the slices are huge, we had apple with ice cream, and the pie was quite nice, but def expensive for Ecuador standards, and not really any better than what you would find elsewhere.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

Four of us visited Otavalo on a quiet Tuesday and found the lunch stop named in this review, with no trouble. While the ambiance of the cafe could use some attention; no menus, no prices listed, no pictures or any wall ornamentation, we 'kept the faith' and ordered chicken sandwiches and crossed our fingers. The chicken sandwich was served hot on an excellent roll and the spread was a mixture of chopped tomato, avacado and onion. It was hearty and delicious. Being experienced pie makers, we felt we could be setting this place up for failure, but we saved 'room for dessert' and heard the options of that days' pies: Mora, maracuya, manzana, pina, chocolate, were our choices - all with helado (ice cream) upon request. We chose apple and pineapple. They were piled high with fruit with a gorgeous and tasty crust. Served heated with ice cream and a cup of coffee (instant) - it really was a treat. So while the cafe is pretty non-descript, the personnel were ready with smiles and twinkles in their eyes. They knew they had a pretty good product to share with us and future visitors.

Reviewed 14 March 2014

GO GET SOME PIE! Its awesome. Loads of flavours plus ice cream. Good location in the town and owned by the loveliest ladies..Delicious!!.

Reviewed 14 March 2014

I didn't want to leave Otavalo without trying this well reputed pie. I had had a very large lunch, and was getting tired early evening, so asked for a piece of pineapple pie to go; thus it was cold. Perhaps heated would have improved the taste. It was pretty good, and the pineapple was a new filling of pie for me, but was still average in my mind. Pastry was a little thick and dense. Perhaps it is the warming up and ice cream that was missing. I also thought the $3.50 price per slice a little steep for Ecuador. I appreciate that it was not overly sweet and I did enjoy it, but best I can give it is 'average'. Now, if anyone wants to take me back to Otavalo for a second chance, I wouldn't say 'no'.