“My best meal in 3 weeks” 5 of 5 bubbles

S.I.S.A. Cafeteria
Ranked #17 of 63 Restaurants in Otavalo
Cuisines: South American, Ecuadorean
Good for: Groups, Child-friendly, Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Description: Great food, reasonable price!
california
“My best meal in 3 weeks”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 October 2013

The title "cafeteria" is misleading, I think there has been a remodel. On the top (3rd) floor, reachable by elevator (!), is a stylish yet casual restaurant. There is a different restaurant (pizza and pasta) on the 2nd floor. For dinner, I truly enjoyed the mixed skewer platter here, which came with one generous skewer of chicken and steak, fries, and a small but tasty salad. The meat was still juicy, not cooked to a shoe leather as is often the case in Ecuador. They also have espresso coffee, and a small bar. Friendly service. I am not sure of their hours, they are not open every day nor at all times. Just keep going back! Right next door to Hotel Coraza on the main drag in Otavalo, and a few blocks from Plaza de Ponchos.

Visited October 2013

Manta, Ecuador
“S.I.S.A. - 3rd Floor Restaurant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 September 2013

A great restaurant in a good location. Many hostels near by. The food is absolutely delicious. They have two kinds of craft beer on tap made locally by a North American brewer. Fantastic. Best beer I have had in Ecuador.

Visited August 2013
1 Thank lexas40
Ubud, Indonesia
“Best place in Otavalo to eat and socialize”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 September 2013

We've lived near Otavalo for over 5 years and this newly expensively remodeled restaurant is the most pleasant place to eat and socialize by far. In fact, it has no competition. It has three restaurants (I think same ownership but am not sure) on 3 floors, a pleasant small movie house featuring classics and current political films and occasional live music. The third floor features local craft beer including the dark beer that I have been missing so much. Check out the roof top terrace. Very pleasant staff as well. On Calderon between Sucre and Bolivar one block north of the central plaza (Parque Bolivar).

• Visited September 2013
Banos
“A wonderfull atmosphere.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2013

I went there for a cappuchino, a banana split and a drink saturday night and the service and the things we got ( there were 4 of us) was exellent even if there were coming guests in all the time we were there. The owners still smiled and gave hug to all the guests and there was a very good and warm atmosphere in the room.
They give you a sangria as a welcome drink and you don't have to wait long before they come and take your order and serve it.
A young man was playing guitar and song while we were there, and it also gave a nice impression.

We really injoined staying there and went back to have breakfast next day and it was also good.

I live and runn a business in Banos ( Magic Stone )and will defenetly come back next time I go to Otavalo with my friends or guests.

• Visited July 2013
World Traveler
“Good food, good service, rising prices”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2013

This is my second visit to Sisa (my first visit was in August 2012). I ate one lunch and one dinner at Sisa on this trip. The food and service was as good as I had remembered. Prices had risen about 8-12% from 11 months ago. I ate the ‘grilled trout’ once, and the ‘pasta with veggies’ after the ‘veggie lasagna’ I ordered was not available. Unfortunately, when I returned to Sisa Sunday morning about 11:15 to eat an early lunch, it was closed; a year ago Sisa was open at that time on a Sunday.

And one unpleasant surprise: I had ordered the $1.20 cup of coffee for my Saturday night dessert. When I paid the bill I was handed a separate receipt for the coffee from ‘Sisa Cafeteria’ for $1.50. Apparently ‘Sisa Restaurant’ had no coffee available and ‘substituted’ the higher priced ‘Sisa Cafeteria’ coffee but did not inform me of this; I was just presented with the 25% higher bill. I paid the extra $0.30, but my advice when ordering would be to insist on the items/prices listed in the menu, no substitutes without prior approval.

• Visited July 2013