“Ate all of our meals here while staying in Otavalo”
Review of Cafe Pachamama

Cafe Pachamama
Ranked #4 of 70 Restaurants in Otavalo
Price range: US$5 - US$10
Cuisines: International
Good for: Local cuisine, View, Child-friendly, Romantic, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Cafe Pachamama is located inside hotel La Posada del Quinde, just five blocks from the Plaza de Ponchos market. Our fireplace lounge, outdoor patio and garden provide something extra for travelers, as well as our freshly-prepared, organic food with local ingredients. To top it off, we offer more vegetarian options than any other restaurant in town and many delicious meat options as well. But even if you're not a vegetarian, we have plenty of meat-based dishes and burgers to please meat-eaters as well.
NewJersey
“Ate all of our meals here while staying in Otavalo”
Reviewed 6 June 2013 via mobile

Varied menu selections at reasonable prices. Food presentation and taste spot on and always served hot, fresh and many veggie selections. We were able to relax, enjoy our meals and not worry about getting sick on food during our stay. Try not to miss Friday evening dinner with the live musician, makes for a special visit.

Visited June 2013

New Zealand
“So many vege options!!”
Reviewed 4 June 2013

We have eaten about 6 meals here so far. Many places in Otavalo have one or two vege options, but Pachamama have a whole section of varied deliciousness!

The breakfasts are lovely and we have had the best bread so far in South America. I am not sure if it is made there, I keep meaning to ask!

For a combination of lunches and dinners we have tried the soups, grilled sandwiches, vegetarian sub, quinoa pancakes, goats cheese tart, amazing pizza, enchilada casserole and the hot cookie desert with icecream x 2.

Everything has been extremely delicious and packed with lovely salads, sides and perfectly seasoned.

The only thing we were not so fond of was the enchilada casserole which we have not tried before and was too bitter for our liking - but probably a matter of personal taste.

The chicken pot pie land other meat dishes look extremely good too, although we are vegetarian so have not tried them.

If you are in Otavalo, this is a friendly, cosy and delicious place to eat and chill out by the fire. They have traditional music on Fridays as well.

Visited June 2013
Richmond, VA
“Excellent food!!!”
Reviewed 17 May 2013

My husband and I eat here just after our visit to the Condor Park (go there, you'll love it) and we were the only people there. It was super clean and the food was excellent. I got stuffed peppers and my husband got the chicken pot pie. The windows overlooking the backyard was great as we saw tons of humming birds and a great sunset. Only thing I will complain about is we went to hear live Andean music and they didn't play that night. They did have a great fire going which was very nice

Visited April 2013
Portland, Oregon, Usa
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“My favorite restaurant in Otavalo”
Reviewed 6 May 2013

I lived in Otavalo, Ecuador for nine months working for a small non profit. I lived with a host family in an indigenous community right outside Otavalo. But when I wanted a change from the family meal of potatoes and rice, and when I wanted amazing service and an unforgettable meal, I always chose Cafe Pachamama. This place cannot be missed.

In the time I lived in Otavalo I lead many volunteer groups through the city. We always, always went to Cafe Pachamama. As a coordinator, I could count ton the food being delicious, on time and prepared with care. My volunteers always loved it and asked to go back.

Also, it wouldn't be a complete review without noting that the staff is fantastic. The girls work hard to make sure their guests are happy, and they are wonderful people. I can't wait to go back!

At the restaurant you have to try: The quinoa incrusted shrimp. And for dessert: The cookie! Yum!

• Visited March 2013
“Great Ambiance, high prices, avoid the pizza”
Reviewed 24 March 2013

The atmosphere was very nice, even on a rainy evening it was a very pleasant setting. The service was attentive. We had a tuna salad stuffed avocado, which was good. We also tried the Pizza Mixta ($9 for a half pie). I like that they offer 1/2 pizzas, but $9 is quite steep. The cheese and sauce on the pizza were extremely bland. Even the chorizo lacked flavor. On the bright side the pizza was cooked perfectly, and the crust was nicely done.

I probably wouldn't go back, mainly because of the high prices. However, my only major gripe is with the pizza, so the rest of the menu may be fantastic for all I know.

• Visited March 2013