“Great Food - courteous staff - big portions”
Review of Inty Huasi

Inty Huasi
Ranked #42 of 70 Restaurants in Otavalo
Cuisines: International
Description: This restaurant has been in Otavalo for about 10 years, but has gotten better, new managers. I eat there alot. It is a large and very clean place and now there are about half locals and half tourists who eat in the place. A 5 course lunch (include large safe juice), which changes every day, is about $4. Many other things to choose from--steak, trout, chicken. They have live music every Saturday afternoon. The food is also typical Ecuadorian food, creatively prepared and the place is VERY clean. I am very picky and can attest to that!
yakov16ru
“Great Food - courteous staff - big portions”
Reviewed 12 May 2012

We are at the restaurant a couple of times. Overall, we were very happy with the food and the staff. The food was fresh and tasty. The prices were reasonable considering the amount and quality of food you get.

Visited April 2012

Santiago, Chile
“An easy option if budget isn't a concern.”
Reviewed 30 November 2011

I paid 6.50$ for the '5 course' menu del dia. It is possible to have two courses which would make this slighty better value.
The food was ok at best and service was poor- unfriendly, rushed when available and absent most of the time. It seems otavalo is more expensive than elsewhere in ecuador but for less money better options are just next door. Wifi was advertised but didn't work.

Billings, Montana
“It was alright...there are better restaurants out there”
Reviewed 18 August 2011

I spent two weeks in Otavalo on an internship at the hospital. One day, I wandered over towards La Plaza del Ponchos to pick up a few gifts. Feeling hungry, I saw Inty Huasi and liked the looks of the 5 course lunch, so I sat down. I ordered the lunch, which came with appetizer, soup, main dish, dessert, and juice. The previous reviewer cited a price of $4-5, but I paid $6.50, hardly expensive if you are coming from a United States perspective. The ambience is nice, but the food was just ok. I felt that they were trying to sell to tourists, and it was definitely working because there were a significant number of gringos dining there(hey, I'm a gringa too, but one that speaks Spanish). I had better, more authentic, and significantly cheaper almuerzos at restaurants closer to the hospital. If you are close to the Plaza, I wouldn't NOT recommend it, but I would consider other options as well.

• Visited August 2011
Otavalo
“Local, clean, fresh, delicious--and inexpensive.”
Reviewed 6 April 2011

The Inty Huasi Restaurant has been around for a long time, about 12 years, but in the last few, they have gotten exceptional--I believe they have new managers, but I am not sure, just that the place is so much better! The place is always full---not only with locals, but many travellers! It is located on the top of the Indian market, Salinas street, 5 doors up towards up towards Sucre, from the Pie Shop. (Don't forget to go there for a nice piece of pie later on!)..... Inty Huasi does have an extensive menu--Indigenous specialties, seafood, meats, chicken plates, international dishes and some vegetarian options, BUT their daily 5 course lunch is truly a creative and exotic treat at about $4-5! Their 'dailies do run out early' so go there and get a good table, before 3 p.m.. What I mean by "5 course" lunch is---a large and safe exotic fruit juice, soup, appetizer, large main plate and desert. It just simply can't be beat! Sometimes a friend and I share a lunch!

They have live indigenous folklore music on Saturday afternoons so you can just bop on in, enjoy a good meal, some indigenous music and return to the market for more bargains! Their Cold Pilseners may very well be the cheapest in town! The place is usually packed on Saturdays, but, you do not have to go far for a very tasty lunch if you wish to take in all of the Saturday Otavalo handicraftmarket, without losing any time!

I live here in Otavalo, I do not own a restaurant and I usually eat lunch at the Inty Huasi on Saturdays as well as other days during the week, depending on what their "daily special" is. Enjoy!

• Visited April 2011