“warming up at theirfire place”

Deli Cafe Restaurant
Ranked #19 of 70 Restaurants in Otavalo
Cuisines: Latin
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 1 April 2014

In March I visited this restaurant again. After the early animal market, artesanial market and a walk at the peguche waterfall, I got back tired, cold and soaked from the rain.
I decided to eat at Deli cafe, since last time was very good.
When I entered, I noticed a fire burning.
I sat down close to the fire, had a nice meal, and after a few beers I was feeling warm and happy.
It felt like being home in front of the fireplace.
Verynice, I recommend anyone to go there in the afternoon when it gets cold.
There is no other restaurant in otavalo with a fireplace. I love it.

There are newer reviews for Deli Cafe Restaurant

Reviewed 2 March 2014

After a couple of hours at the market on Saturday, we were ready for lunch and quiet. We had seen this restaurant on our walk from the bus station, and it looked very promising. It was very clean inside, and even the menu looked promising, with a good selection. However, for nearly $5 each, the burritos were half the size of what they should have been. Still hungry (and I seldom eat everything on my plate), we decided to split one of the quimbolitos I'd been curious to try. A cake in a banana-like leaf, it was just sort of ordinary, seemingly zapped in a microwave, I still don't know if it was a good example, and I wonder if it wasn't store-bought, as I saw identical ones in the frozen food section at Super Maxi. Before we go back to Otavalo, we'll definitely do some research. However, that doesn't always work either, as this restaurant was rated higher than we think it deserved.

MarieladelCastillo, Manager at Deli Cafe Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 17 March 2014

Rectification:
This person wants to give us a bad name.
All other customers are very positive and very satisfied with our food.
Our Buritos are big seize wraps with plenty of ingredients.
Furthermore, we dont buy Quimbolitos in the supermarket, we bake them ourselves!. We buy everything, everyday fresh, specially prepared for Deli Cafe.

We dont know why this person wrote a negative comment, but it is absolutely not true,
As you can see at the comments of other guests, we offer tasty plates and we try to satisfy our clients.

We have reported this person to Tripadvisor for spreading lies.

Reviewed 1 March 2014

Quiet little restaurant just down the street from Plaza dos Ponchos and on Saturdays the biggest market in South America...!st time there we had Mexican food (tacos and quesadillas) as well as pizza, all good......the 2nd time we had Ecuadorean meals and it was even better. The owner and her daughter were very accommodating to us gringos and with the location, the place is ideal

Reviewed 24 December 2013

We wanted to have lunch after arriving by bus from Quito.
When we saw the nice and cosy looking Deli Restaurant on the 12th of November 2013
we were very happy. The very kind owner Yolanda Esparaza was most welcoming.
We could choose where to sit and what to eat. Every wish about our lunch was fulfilled with
love and good taste.
We did regret that we had to go back to Quito in the afternoon: otherwise we would surely have dinner in the evening at Deli Restaurant.
The Deli Cafe looks very good, tastes very good en feels very good.
Thank you very much, Yolanda!

Reviewed 21 December 2013 via mobile

Beginning of our trip, wanted to try some local food but not too local. Very clean, very pleasant and they did have a Plato Tipico. Delicious and we could see the kitchen, also spotless clean. Delicious. Perfect lunch and off to the Saturday market we go!