“pizza and crepes!”

Deli Cafe Restaurant
Ranked #18 of 63 Restaurants in Otavalo
Cuisines: Mexican, Latin, Spanish
Good for: Cheap Eats
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Arizona
“pizza and crepes!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 August 2014

We ate here twice during our 3 days in Otavalo and enjoyed each meal. Both the pizza and crepes were popular with our 2 teenagers, as well as the Chocobanana milkshakes! A delight at the price!

• Visited August 2014

Cotacachi, Ecuador
“Reminder to Self: Don't order Mexican food outside of Mexico or California”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 August 2014 via mobile

Every once in a while when I've been away from California for more than three months, I get an urge for a good crispy tostada, some sizzling fajitas or a chewy cheesy quesadilla... Wonder if I'll ever learn?!?

This restaurant had the outward appearance of a place that could possibly fit the bill. It prominently advertises Mexican food but I should have listened to my inner voice which warned me not to sit down in a place that was half empty on a Saturday with a jam packed market two blocks away.

Unfortunately, I have to agree with the poster who called the quesadilla runny and more like sour cream... Ecuador produces some fabulous cheeses in some of their own haciendas -- like La Zuleta for example -- and there is no excuse for a restaurant to cheat its customers with a bland and soupy substitute.

It's a real shame though because the place is cute and the personnel is friendly. It is clean and airy and they have wi-fi access. The street corner offers excellent people watching, a favorite pastime when you travel solo!!!

I am hoping the manager will take this as positive criticism and does not think I'm trying to give his business a bad name. Quality food will speak for itself and I truly hope next time I come, he'll have a line out the door.

London, United Kingdom
“Great food great value”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2014

The meal of burritos I had was fresh well presented and with lots of fresh veggies in it as. Well as meat. It is a charming little restaurant and for $15 I had a great main course , figs and cheese for desert and a lovely fresh juice. Perhaps I shall go back tonight! And I did not feel odd dining as a woman alone there . Charming place

Visited July 2014
“Lovely place ”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 June 2014 via mobile

Very nice Mexican food, loads of veggie options to choose from. Very friendly atmosphere as soon as you enter, staff very helpful and food served quickly with a smile, will definitely return.

Otavalo, Ecuador
“Friendly and cozy”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 June 2014

Very friendly ownership and management offer tasty dishes in a cozy environment. Very pleasant for small groups.

Visited February 2014