US$118
US$45
Priceline
TripAdvisor
TripAdvisor
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 29 July 2013 via mobile

This hotel is clean and well appointed. The room we were in was a bit on the small side not much room for luggage. But the breakfast is hearty and the people running it are friendly and kind. Decent value all round.

• Stayed: July 2013
MarketingDept1, Director de Relaciones Públicas at Hotel Acoma, responded to this reviewResponded 2 August 2013

Dear guest
It was a pleasure to have you in our property, we will pass your message to our staff. In your next visit to Otavalo we hope to see you here again.
Greetings,

Reviewed 1 July 2013

I stayed at the Acoma with my family for three nights. The rooms were great value for the price, very comfortable, and the breakfast was good. Clean, tastefully decorated in a touch of American Southwest motif. The staff were extremely friendly and helpful. I speak Spanish so I don't know how it would be for somebody who does not. Short walk from the Plaza de Ponchos (central market). Good wifi connecction. The staff arranged for transport to the Quito airport in the wee hours of the morning and insisted on accompanying us in the vehicle to make sure we arrived safely and on time to catch our international flight. And yes, Hugo Chavez DID stay here, as well as Eva Morales, president of Bolivia.

One oddity with booking. booking.com quoted $65 + tax for a double. Through the hotel's own website, it was $55 including tax. The walk-in price (which we paid for extra nights) was $52 including tax. Great value anyway you cut it.

Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
FelipeCarrascoB, Manager at Hotel Acoma, responded to this reviewResponded 5 July 2013

Dear Guest

It was a pleasure to have you in our hotel, and we thank you for taking your time to do this comment, I would pass your positive feedback to our staff.
We hope we met your expectations because we are committed to provide a great service to all of our guests.

If you consider visit Otavalo again please take us on your plans.

Reviewed 30 April 2013

Our stay at Hotel Acoma was excellent! The location is perfect for exploring the markets and other sites in town. We walked to dinner every night. The staff is exceptional and the breakfast efficiently served, satisfying and delicious. I always travel/sleep with ear plugs in cities - and my travel-mates tell me that there was dog-barking and people celebrating noise for much of the night. I barely noticed, but keep in mind the benefits of ear plugs!

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 November 2012

Maybe some of the rooms are fine, but I was given a room next to the reception, kitchen, fireplace area. All noise in this area goes right through the walls into the room. At 11pm when a staff member lit a fire in the fireplace AND I could distinctly hear the sound of newspaper being crumbled, I knew there would be no sleep there.
The rooms that are in outside buildings might be fine and everything else was great, decor, cleanliness, staff...but uhhhhhh....sleep is sleep!

Room Tip: DO NOT ACCEPT A ROOM close to the reception, kitchen, fireplace, computer area, much too noisy.
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled solo
3  Thank KJFromSan
Reviewed 10 November 2012

We booked this hotel on booking.com . It had gotten a 9 out of 10 and was priced as if was a hostal. When we arrived we were so pleased with the staff, the cleanliness of the room , the comfortable beds and the location. I give this hotel a 10 overall . Hugo Chavez supposedly stayed there and I'm not surprised!

Room Tip: Ask for the room closest to the front desk with the large bathroom. The tub is unusually long and is great for bubblebaths.
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family