“Couldn't have been better!”
Review of Hacienda Cusin

Hacienda Cusin
Ranked #10 of 70 Restaurants in Otavalo
Cuisines: Ecuadorean
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Part of the Hacienda Cusin in Otavalo
Reviewed 3 October 2012

What an incredible location and nothing better to top off my fantastic stay than being treated to top class food!!Was there for a few nights, so tried a range of different things, and was never left feeling disappointed!Chicken, beef and even was amazed to find fresh seafood on the menu, considering that we were inland, what a treat!I bravely decided to try the traditional guinea pig-Cuy, which I never expected to enjoy, but I was really pleasantly surprised!The desserts were a highlight for me, especially the icecream!!Something also has to be said about the welcoming staff, who offered nothing but the friendliest service!Hopefully that will not be last experience of the food at this wonderful 16th century Hacienda!!

There are newer reviews for Hacienda Cusin

Reviewed 2 October 2012

go to Hacienda Cusin to dine amidst Spanish Colonial artwork with attentive and charming waitstaff serving delicious food. My husband and I traveled with friends to Hacienda Cusin. Emphasis was on locally made from the napkins trimmed in lace (I met the Equadorean weaver) to the locally grown vegetables and farm raised meats. Food was delicious with a special Equadorean flavor.
We didn't want to leave!

Reviewed 1 October 2012

Dinner at Hacienda Cusin is a treat. Firstly, the food is locally grown, carefully prepared and absolutely delicious Ecuadorean cuisine. We were a group of 12 and we were diverse in many ways - including all ages! (hard for chef's to please!). We dined here on several occasions during our visit to the High Sierra. The dining hall is in a restored five century old villa! The rooms are appointed with timeless hand made indigenous items - an eclectic mix! It all works - from the table linens to the furniture. Indigenous weavings hang on the wall, colonial religious sculptures welcomed us in the front hall, an extensive painting on sheepskin fits perfectly behind the bar as it was custom designed by the artist for the location. Continue on through the hacienda to find murals, gold framed paintings in the style of the Quito painters and religious copas in several colors displayed on the walls...together these create a destination to remember.
Finally, kudos to the enthusiastic, tireless, wait staff who made certain that our service was prompt and to our liking in every way! We are spoiled now! Many thanks to Pablo, Maurice and Ramiro who sang us ballads during dessert!

Reviewed 23 September 2012

Before we had lunch we strolled around Cusin's gardens and Salon Cotacachi which has a great art collection.
Food was amazing, fresh and nit. Pablo one of the waiters took our order & made us feel welcome.
If you're in Otavalo is a must see place; lunch at Cusin was great!

Reviewed 8 April 2012

I go into a fair amount of detail in my review of Hacienda Cusin (as we stayed there). DH, DD 7 and I ate both of our "Otavalo" dinners at Cusin. I loved the restaurant's atmosphere - the fire, the art, the music, the fresh flowers and tables. The wait staff was friendly. When the restaurant is packed they are slow but when empty they were prompt. We ate both breakfast and dinner there. The breakfast is wonderful. Our dinners were good - not outstanding, not worth taking photos of but good. I did love their soups and their fresh ice creams which were really more like sorbets. Both nights they special made something for my picky DD, which was nice. Prices were very American as I found thorugh Ecuador. If you want to eat cheap and "local" you definitely can find bargains. We prefer to just come back after a busy day of touring, eat a nice dinner with no hassles of getting taxis or trying to decide where to go , and then enjoy the fire in our room before going to sleep. The restaurant was a very good choice for us.