Flying Donkey
US$60
US$45
Priceline
US$50
All reviewsgreat locationthe ownerhelped us planplace to stayclean roomsmonkeyshostelmarketfacilitiesplazaecuador
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 23 April 2014 via mobile

We stayed at Flying Donkey for two nights during the Easter weekend. To sum up, the hostel is okay, we just had to pay way too much (12$ per night), got a room with hard mattresses right next to the street that was noisy and didn't really feel welcomed by the owner.

• Stayed: April 2014
Reviewed 15 January 2014

I spent 4 weeks in this hostal, while I was volunteerin in Otavalo. I really enjoyed my time there! It's really close to everything you might need and the saturday market starts a just a block from the hostal.
What I really loved was that the staff was very nice and they really made me feel like home!
The room(s) I got were always clean and I felt really safe; I was able to leave all of my stuff in the room at all times and even when I went away for a weekend, I could leave my bags in a storage room without worrying too much about them.

Gracias :)

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Lucieeee2014
Reviewed 16 December 2013

Definitely an amazing place to stay (the best) in Otavalo! rooms are comfy, the place is great and has an amazing location plus the staff is nice, friendly and helpful! We stayed here for some nights during the Inti Raymi celebrations and had a blast! Recommended 100%!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank ADRINABE
Reviewed 22 October 2013

Overall this is a great place. The rooms reminded me a bit of a cheap hotel rather then a hostel, but our private room was good with plenty of space and a decent bathroom. Positives were: value for money, location, clean, having a tv in the room, view of the mountains, room size, staff (when we left one day to go the market square after asking the person on reception which way to go, we instead turned the other way to take a photo of a nearby church lit up at night and the member of staff came running after us to tell us we had gone the wrong way!). Negatives - the only one was the thin-ness of the curtains - we were getting up early anyway but even if we hadn't then the sun would definitely have woken us up.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 October 2013

Really friendly and helpful staff! nice location close to the market (try to be there on saturday and check out the animal market at 7! in the morning). rooms are really nice and cheap! and there's also a grat terrace with view of the sorrounding mountanis! Just one thing that wasn´t really clear, if the kitchen in hostel is for communal use but we talked to people who did cook there! so If you come to Otavalo (what you defenitely should!) staying at flying donkiey is a good choice!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple