“Excellent coffee”

Ranked #2 of 4 Coffee & Tea in Otavalo
Price range: US$1 - US$4
Cuisines: Cafe
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Drinks, Breakfast, Cash Only, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Takeout, Wine and Beer
Description: This terrific little espresso bar is right in the middle of Otavalo on Parque Bolivar. It serves the best coffee in Ecuador and fresh baked cupcakes and pastries every day. If you're lucky you'll be there when the zucchini nut bread comes out of the oven. It is served warm with whipped cream. The rum cake is like heaven on earth and worth savoring. There is a private garden behind Daily Grind where you can sit at tables and enjoy the flowers.
Targu Mures, Romania
“Excellent coffee”
Reviewed 4 August 2013 via mobile

I discovered this place by accident, it's very small and there were many people around because of the saturday market, but I am so happy I found it! The coffee is great and the bagels are delicious. My husband got the nuttella crepe, very good as well. Good value and relaxed service. Can't wait to have breakfast there tomorrow. Awesome place, don't miss it!

• Visited August 2013

• Korean first
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best coffee in South America”
Reviewed 13 June 2013

I know it is a big claim but I have been in sa for 4 months and this little gem is just as good as the coffee I'm accustom to in Melbourne. Must visit

• Visited June 2013
“Coffee so good I thought I was in Melbourne”
Reviewed 5 May 2013 via mobile

Fabulous coffee, fabulous service, fabulous location, fabulous bagels. I felt like I could have been at a little Melbourne cafe.

It was a great find. I HIGHLY recommend it if you love great coffee made by people with a passion for quality coffee.

• Visited May 2013
“The best coffee shop in Otavalo”
Reviewed 10 April 2013

Placed on the corner of Sucre street and the Plaza Bolivar, this is the perfect location for a little coffee shop which is on the street overlooking the Plaza. The owners are so kind and friendly and they do great coffee, cakes and bagels. We had a peanut butter and jelly bagel - delicious!! Highly recommend it as a place to sit and watch the world go by.

• Visited April 2013
Sydney, Australia
“Great, real coffee- what a gem!”
Reviewed 25 March 2013

It was so good to find this place! We were wandering around Otavalo market, like most tourists on a Saturday and towards the afternoon a person's gonna get tired from all that wandering! It was sweet to find this place and take a much needed pit stop, although it was a wonder that we found it because it is a small cafe (blink and you'll miss it!), sitting on the corner before the town plaza. We were lucky to take two of the only three seats at the bar and enjoyed delicious coffee (made from espresso!) and hot chocolate, with Kallari chocolate to boot. The drinks were carefully prepared by the barista, a local guy who was also a proud Quechua. He was sweet to chat to, proud of Otavalo and Quecha, teaching us a few phrases- which is good to pick up seeing as there are so many Quechua speakers in Otavalo.

I'd highly recommend this place. My boy and I are from Sydney where good coffee is just expected but a real treasure (rare) to find in Ecuador, so this place was memorable. Real espresso! -with milk that isn't burnt/ cold, watery or over frothed. The cafe itself is sweet if you can get a seat and service is friendly. Yes, this place will give you joy!

• Visited March 2013