“Wonderful Hotel, Great Staff”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Otavalo
La Posada del Quinde
Ranked #2 of 14 Hotels in Otavalo
GreenLeadersGold level
Thailand
“Wonderful Hotel, Great Staff”
Reviewed 29 November 2011

My wife and I stayed at this hotel for 3 days in November 2011. The public areas of the hotel are first rate as are the rooms. The hot water "actually" works as does the WiFi service (this isn't always the case in Ecuador). Food is excellent. The staff is superb and they go the "extra mile" to help visitors out with a variety of support issues.

I commend this place highly. We will definitely stay there again. Thanks Flor!

• Stayed November 2011, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (92)
Phoenix AZ
Reviewed 28 November 2011

We arrived at Otavalo not knowing quite what to expect. Flor, the assistant manager was extremely helpful in arranging our plans and making our stay comfortable and relaxing. This hotel is truly shows the love of its owner and its concern for its guests. Beautifully done, very clean, very comfortable, and the food was excellent. My wife is gluten intolerant and many restaurants do not present many choices for her. The menu here was varied and even included several vegetarian dishes that my wife was able to enjoy.

Also reasonably priced. i recommend Posada del Quinde to anyone visiting the area.

Room Tip: many rooms, including 2 suites that will accommodate up to 8 to 10 people.
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed 27 November 2011

We stayed at La Posada del Quinde our first three nights in Ecuador. This hotel was a quiet, warm, and friendly place to stay while visiting Otavalo and the neighboring towns. Maggie and staff made our stay feel like we were at a home away from home. A fresh fire was made every evening in the lounge fireplace that made for a relaxing atmosphere. The outside sitting area of the restaurant was scenic and peaceful. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone who is looking for a safe and nice place to stay while visiting Otavalo and the neighboring towns.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
Seatte
Reviewed 26 November 2011

We really enjoyed our stay. Many plusses: accommodations were very clean, food was delicious and plentiful, staff was friendly and helpful. Maggie is a joy. It was easy to walk from the hotel to the markets. Downsides were minor: beds were fairly hard and uncomfortable and the room was cold, even with the oil space heater. Consequently, after a shower, it became pretty damp. Nonetheless, we will definitely go back.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
New York City, New York
Reviewed 23 November 2011

During my 2-week visit to Ecuador, I stayed at Posada del Quinde and it really was an excellent experience. The place is very close to the downtown area and is gorgeous, very clean, beautiful views, great food at their restaurant Pachamama, and the workers and owner, Maggie, are totally amazing. They treated us like we were family. Maggie has so much information about Otavalo that it made our live and staying much easier. This was a real treat!! Thank you, guys, for being such a great family!

Room Tip: All rooms are good!!
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled with friends
Cumbaya
Reviewed 18 November 2011

My friend and I had a wonderful stay here. Maggie and her staff were so helpful, and went the extra mile in making the stay comfortable and enjoyable. The entire place was very clean and decorated with a wonderful Ecuadorian flair. The shower was a real treat. It was hot and had tons of pressure (which for Ecuador is rare). The gardens were very relaxing and we were sorry we didn't book for two nights so we would have time to enjoy them more. The Friday night we were there, we enjoyed authentic live Andean music while having a good and reasonably priced dinner. Breakfast was included in our hotel fee and was also very good. I live in Ecuador and go to Otavala quite a bit when friends from the states come to visit. I have stayed in other places, and can honestly say this is the best value for the money I've found. I will continue to stay at this hotel every trip I make from now on. It's the type of place that makes you feel at home away from home.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with friends
Quito, Ecuador
Reviewed 7 November 2011

My parents and I had the pleasure of staying at La Posada del Quinde a couple weeks ago. I was a bit wary of the location in town as I thought there might be too much noise, but on the contrary, the hotel is located at a quiet edge of town but still just blocks from the artisan market and animal market. We were warmly welcomed on arrival and able to check in early. The rooms were very clean, the beds comfortable, water in the shower wonderfully hot. The back garden is really lovely and we enjoyed a mornings breakfast in the garden. Maggie the owner was very attentive and engaging. All in all I would highly recommend this as a place for families or couples when heading to Otavalo.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Otavalo
Casa Mojanda
Hosteria Hacienda San Francisco
La Mirage Garden Hotel & Spa
Hacienda- Hosteria Chorlavi
Hosteria Cabanas del Lago

Been to La Posada del Quinde? Share your experiences!