“I liked the Glamour”

Ranked #18 of 19 Hotels in Riobamba
Maldon, Australia
“I liked the Glamour”
Reviewed 8 March 2014 via mobile

Hotel Glamour was a very good place to stay & I'd stay there again.

Pros

Near bus station
Not far from train station & town centre
Breakfast area was glassed in on 3 sides and overhead so was brilliant on a cold but sunny morning
Room was quiet which is my main priority
Room was biggish & clean
Views from roof on a clear day & from your room if you get a good one
Lots of places to eat 1 block away
Helpful, friendly staff

Cons

None

Also the first morning I woke up there wasn't a cloud in the sky & I could see Chimborazo in the distance from my window so I decided I wanted to go there. It was a bit late to go on an organised tour so Max (the manager) offered to take me on his motorbike. It was brilliant being not part of a group. We went to the 1st refuge hut on the mountain & walked to the 2nd. Took about 2.5 hours return. I could stop where I wanted and go at the pace I wanted. It snowed on the way & we never actually got to see the top of the mountain at all. Its called weather. Was brilliant that morning but... I highly recommend going there with Max if you like walking.

Stayed March 2014, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed 24 February 2014

I travelled here alone and arrived pretty late in the night. The hotel was minutes away from the bus station and their 24 hour desk was attentive and pleasantly polite considering the hour i checked in at.

The rooms are dated but clean and you get everything you need, including a water bottle which i thought was a nice touch. The place is extremely affordable, perfectly located and had a polite staff; i could not ask for anything more. If you're not a posh traveller and you place culture and people over the thread count and amount of tassles on a pillow, this place is your castle away from home :)

Much love,

Joey

• Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank JoeyOtt
Arcata, California
Reviewed 13 February 2014

Stayed here for a few nights in January of 2014. The staff was incredibly friendly and my girlfriend and I had a great stay. The rooms are affordable and very clean. Left my bags in my room and felt secure knowing they would be there when I got back!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Deventer, The Netherlands
Reviewed 10 February 2014

There is no glamour at all in this hotel. It's old and shabby. There was no hot water in the shower. The manager said he would fix it for us, but the next morning it was luke warm.
The breakfast is included, but they had to do grocery before they could serve. I asked for yoghurt and banana, but the banana was a special fruit, he told me... Strange.

The room was also old, the blind was broken and we had to hang up a blanket to make the room dark. The bathroom was worn down.

Last but not least; during our two night stay, I had a lot of flea bites which cost an allergic reaction for which I had to go to the hospital.

During our stay we had the feeling that Hotel Glamour was trying to be something it's not.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank A e

Travellers are raving about these Riobamba hotels

Scotland
Reviewed 15 January 2014

We stayed for one night while doing the train and had a lovely big room with king bed very comfortable.The staff and manager were very friendly. The whole hotel is old and needs a facelift but this is reflected in the cheap price and our room was very clean and the breakfast very good. IF you are on a budget this is the place to go.

Room Tip: We had a big room on 2nd floor number 330 facing the street.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
HotelGlamour, Owner at Hotel Glamour, responded to this review, 17 January 2014
Thank you for your review. We are very happy you liked our rooms, the breakfast and location. We have in mind your comments as something very important. Hope you felt at home when visiting us here at hotel glamour
Ludwigshafen, Germany
Reviewed 12 December 2013

Big rooms, clean. Nice bathroom. Good Location (near to bus terminal). During our stay the Hotel was renovated but overall not too loud. We had a room next to the street, so we could here at the night often the alarm of the cars. Breakfast was really good. They tell you that you can get breakfast between 6.30-8 a clock (but at 6.30 the cook was not available)The staff was really friendly and helpful (but we think they want you to buy a biketour from Chimborazo).

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
HotelGlamour, Owner at Hotel Glamour, responded to this review, 17 January 2014
Thank you for the review. We appreciate your comments and are happy to hear you liked the breakfast rooms location and guest service. We will put more attention to breakfast schedules.
Moscow
Reviewed 8 December 2013

This hotel is very close to the bus terminal (10-15 minute walk). The same amount of time is to the center. So the location is perfect. Also there are a lot of restaurants and supermarket is in the close proximity.
The owner Max is superfriendly and helpful. I liked to chat with him a lot.
As for room. It was a little bit shabby. At my first stay there it was clean. Bed was very comfortable and linen was fresh. There is a TV in the room and heating in case you freeze. The shower is good. The water becomes hot in a minute. But when I stayed in the same room couple of days later, I’ve noticed the same rubbish (some crumbs etc.) on the floor which had been there when I was leaving. So I guess they just emptied the wastebasket, but not cleaning the room totally.
And TV in the room was switching on at 5:30 in the morning. Probably there was a timer set by another guest but I didn’t manage to turn it off, so it was a little bit annoying.
The area felt very safe and calm. And the quality of sleeping was good due to a good bed and silence around. So anyway I liked it there.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
Maxarguello, Manager at Hotel Glamour, responded to this review, 11 December 2013
Dear Ina,

Thank you for choosing Hotel Glamour. It's nice to know you liked our hotel location, staff and service. Thank you for the review it's very important for us to know it and hope to see you soon.

Greetings.