“Stunning location for overnight camping”

White Desert National Park
Ranked #1 of 3 things to do in Farafra
More attraction details
Owner description: Covering more than 2.8 million square kilometers, this vast desert starts at the western banks of the Nile and continues into Libya and contains five isolated, but thriving, oases: Kharga, Dakhla, Farafra, Bahariyya and Siwa. There are magnificent rock formations that form from wind erosions. The colors change at times from the sun, a beautiful sight to see.
Dhaka City, Bangladesh
60 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 81 helpful votes
“Stunning location for overnight camping”
Reviewed 28 April 2014

White desert itself is quite a unique piece of the desert (with lot of white stones forming the landscape). The drive via a 4x4 through the desert is amazing; you gotta experience this if you want some taste of adventure. I visited there earlier this month (April) and the weather was very much bearable. We had booked an overnight camping with Egypt Tailor Made; and they have made the whole trip very smooth. The campsite was amazing, the food delicious, and the chit-chat around the bonfire relaxing. As the night progressed, the sky (and the desert) became heavenly - we were having an out of the world experience! Must recommend the overnight camping.

Visited April 2014
20 Thank MasumMS

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Dhaka City, Bangladesh
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“Silence of nature in White Desert”
Reviewed 18 April 2014 via mobile

I have returned from Egypt last week. It was 10 days trip which was 100% safe. White desert camping was the most amazing part of the trip. We took Egypt Tailor Made Tours' support to have that lifetime experience and they have made it beyond our expectation.
If you are going to Egypt don't miss this camping. We stayed one day under the crystal clear sky and on the smooth sandy land. Food was cooked by our driver Mr. Sabri. Fantastic 4X4 drive was arranged by Egypt Tailor Made. Toilet can make you worried as you need to do it hiding yourself behind huge rocks without any roof. However, we found it adventurous and didn't feel that awkward which we thought before the trip. Wet wipes should be taken. Warm clothes are MUST to wear at night. It's very cold at night. If you are lucky you can meet desert foxes roaming around your camp for food. Nonetheless, Massimo, our guide from Egypt Tailor Made Tours made everything easy and enjoyable for us. Thank you Massimo and Mr.Walid. Please dont miss it!

10 Thank NaimaAS
Kluang, Malaysia
100 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 193 helpful votes
“best trip in Egypt”
Reviewed 1 April 2014

For me, it was the best trip in Egypt so far.
When I woke up in the middle of the night during camping there, I feel it was as if I just woke up after my death or I was dreaming to be in such quiet and serene place. It was the most memorable experience. You feel very small and you remember God and how great His creations are. Indeed!!

Visited March 2014
8 Thank HRS_6
La Plata, Argentina
91 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 121 helpful votes
“Something different in Egypt”
Reviewed 22 February 2014

When we decided to go to Egypt we decided enjoy the desert but we didn´t think the experience was so amazing.
We book our tour with Hamada´s team (Desert Safari Egypte) in a good price for 5 people (4 adults and a girl of 11 years old) and we really enjoy the experience, the landscapes, the trip, etc; because Hamada and his people did it easy. They are very professional people, they know desert very well and are really friendly.
Hamada´s staff picked us up in our hotel in Cairo early in the morning, and once in Barihiya oasis Hamada drove with us to the desert, and we join the camp with a couple from Alaska. Hamada is able to handle multiple groups at once.
They cooked delicious food for all of us and then we were around the fire listening bedouin music in a relaxing time and enjoying the stars and the full moon.
I was worried about cold, but everything was ok: blankets and sleeping bags were clean, thick and warm. Anyway we were with warm jacket and warm socks, as Hamada told us when we contacted him. In his web page he explains very well all you need for your stay in desert.
Second day he drove in new White desert, with amazing landscapes and before leave to Cairo he headed to a hotspring in his village.
We really enjoy our time with Hamada in the desert. I definitely recommend him and of course, I think this is an experience you MUST TO DO if you are in Egypt

Visited April 2013
7 Thank EUGENIALaPlata
Hurghada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 25 helpful votes
“Badawiya Farafra Expedition Travel”
Reviewed 9 December 2013

For many years I now have experience with the lovely people and fantastic service and hospitality of Badawiya Farafra,
I always was endulged with the beautifull spots, the fantastic food (even in the middle of the desert) made in the nomadic way, as much as you like and the care is always the best you can get.
They are the oldest company and also have by that the longest and deepest experience and they can show you places to get goosepimpels of the unearthly beauty of valleys and sceneries you cannot imagine they exist.
There is something to warn about, there are (fortunatly) no toilets or showers in the white and black desert, it's a conservation area and you should leave as less as possible rubbish.
For the people that are not used to camping and having a toiletsession in the open air, or need a shower every day, it might be something to consider to do daytrips, but than you will miss the beauty of the million stars, and the lovely desertfoxes that will come around the camp.

It's an adventure and a very specia place, not many people know about it and there is so much to explore, there are caves, wells (even to have a cool off dip in the hot period), there are oases, wadi's, several very old plants, vegetation, sometimes rare snakes (jumping vipers), the experienced guides will know the trails and where they are and try to get them away, scorpions (not often seen), you will be taken care off as much as possible.
I really can recommend this company and they also are famous in some documentaries that are made of this unique place in Egypt.
The prices are fair, considering their outstanding knowledge, their care and you can design your trip, if you leave it up to them they will give you a tour that you will never forget, but when you want to see the wells, have luch in the oases, just ask. Buy a map and discuss the plan.
Treat the people as friends, they are from the old nomad families that traveled in the Libian desert for centuries, I always had good times and a lot of fun with them too.
Take also in mind that everything has to be brought from far away, like cairo.
The trip from cairo to the white desert, with a lunch-stop in bahariya will take aprox. 7 hours.

Enjoy this beautifull environment once in your life, you will not regret it!

I travel with this company now for 5 years, they are the only one I want to take me in the White Desert!

Visited April 2013