“Family Holiday” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Jaz Mirabel Park

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Nabq Bay
Jaz Mirabel Park
Ranked #4 of 32 Hotels in Nabq Bay
Gateshead, United Kingdom
“Family Holiday”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2014

Yet again another fab holiday to the Jaz Mirabel Park. Staff once again went over and beyone all expectations and nothing is ever too much trouble.

From Hany our cleaner to Zinhom and staff around pool bar, Mohamed Amin and guys at pool, Sami Adam and Ahmed in the restaurant and the forever smiling Sameh on reception.

was sad to see George and Ali from the bar were now in the Beach Hotel and Mamoud at the Club but we still popped in to see them.

see you next year

Rooms
2 Thank Paula P

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (520)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 July 2014 via mobile

Just returned from another fantastic holiday at the Jaz Mirabel Park. Sad to see George Ali and Mamoud had gone to the Beach and Club hotel but still popped in to see them. Totally looked after by Mohamed Amin and guys around the pool Zinhom and staff at pool bar Sami Adam and Ahmed in restaurant Hany our cleaner and the always happy smiling Sameh on reception. Nothing is ever too much trouble for them. Working in scorching conditions while doing Ramadan. Cant wait to return. See you next year guys

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank Paula P
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 July 2014 via mobile

Well, what can I say - 2 weeks at the Jaz Mirabel Park was money well spent. Room was quite basic for a 4 star but comfy beds, clean, huge shower and very powerful aircon - what more do you want? Cleaner was efficient and replaced everything when it was needed (they did run out of large bottles of water one day but small bottles are available free of charge at the bar in reception so not a problem).
The pool guy will reserve your loungers at the pool but you don't have to pay him as others have suggested - he did it regardless (I'm sure a tip would be appreciated at the end of your holiday but I always tip good service wherever I am in the world so not a biggy?!) having said that, we never had a problem getting a lounger at any time of the day, just not necessarily exactly where you might like them!
I cannot fault the staff - they alone deserve 5 stars! Again, we gave tips on our last day but the service was excellent and the banter with the staff was all part of the enjoyment.
I highly recommend the managers cocktail party - we don't usually go to these but the cocktails are to die for and far better than the all inclusive ones!
My husbands birthday was made extra special as he ended up with 2 birthday cakes and 2 lots of 'happy birthday' from the staff. They all made him feel extra special.
The First Choice rep was amazing - felt like we'd known him for years!
I really loved every minute - even the guys from the spa 'hassling' us for treatments enjoyed a bit of banter - if you don't want to be hassled though, go to the towel hut and ask for a beanbag to hang by your lounger (poolside or beach) and they will leave you alone.
And if you have any issues (eg run out loo roll, light bulb blown, dietary requests) we found that by asking politely at reception, problem would be sorted immediately.
I can't wait to go back...

Stayed June 2014
3 Thank MrsKush
Horndean, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 July 2014

I thought this hotel was pretty ordinary. The food was just edible out of a party of eight five had stomach problems. Not enough local detail supplied. The so called beach at the back of the hotel was useless for swimming (to shallow) best place was Sharks Bay for snorkelling. As for the beer and wine forget it and become a teetotaller. Definitely not a five star maybe a three or less.

• 1 of 5 bubbles
      Location
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Michael John K
Bristol, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 July 2014

Arrived Wednesday 8 July after an emergency phone call to the hotel and travel company asking them to let us transfer from the coral sea hotel to the jaz. They were wonderful and thankfully found us a room at very short notice. We arrived to the quiet, calm reception area where we received drinks on arrival whilst are bags were taken to our room. We stayed for two weeks this year and have to say the staff our wonderful. The guys in the bar by the pool work tirelessly all day coming around regularly offering drinks and serving food continuously and keeping the tables tidy, the cleaning staff clean your room every day and provide fresh towels also the main bar and reception area are constantly being cleaned. The restaurant is clean with a good selection of all types of food and salads. The evening entertainment is outside and something different every night but you can sit inside in the air con have a quiet drink if you prefer. The shops which are completely separate to the hotel but on the complex are a bonus with a few good bag and trainer shops, but barter hard as they do start at high prices! We did have one problem with our bathroom but phoned reception and it was dealt with immediately. We travelled with two children age 13 and 8 , the youngest did use the kids club and enjoyed it. Special thanks to Sameh on reception, Menah the drinks waiter, head chef for helping me each day in the restaurant due to food allergy and the towel guys! Everyone here works very hard, is polite, helpful and friendly, in mostly blisteringly hot conditions. Some of the hotels in England do with taking notes on how they run this hotel! Thanks Jaz Park for saving our holiday and helping us relax and be spoilt!

4 Thank Louise B
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 July 2014

We have just returned from 7 nights here and to be honest I was really disappointed. I'm not sure why so many people have raved about this hotel. I travel quite a bit so am used to hotels of all kinds, from holiday inns to Malmaisons and Hiltons, all kind of standards. Yet this hotel was really just very standard. I'd say a 3 or 4 star at best.

We booked through Thomson for myself, my twin sister, and our two husbands. I emailed in advance to request a room near my sisters as we were all travelling together and despite the fact that I had paid more for two double rooms, when we got there we discovered that my room had been downgraded to a twin room to "accommodate our request!" - I did not request twin beds in order to be "near" my sisters room and I didn't ask for the rooms to be adjacent.
This was really disappointing and not the best way to start our holiday after a torturous 5 hour flight with Thomson (which I am never doing again). On the plus side, I had also asked for something nice for my sister and her husband as it was their wedding anniversary (and their first real holiday together). The hotel arranged some white wine for their room and one al la carte, so I was grateful to them for that!

Our room was not very nice. The cleaner didn't seem to bother with us until right before we left. There was one toilet paper roll when we settled in which was already low on paper, and the next day he hadn't added any extra or replaced the one which was almost out! The following day was the same story, so we actually had to take some loo roll from my sisters room!! Really not what you need, as if the room wasn't disappointing enough. We saw him on the day we left and he tried to hang around as if he expected a tip... I felt like we should just to be polite but we didn't have any cash on us except for 100, and I wasn't giving him that!

The beach was terrible, a big disappointment, and there are people all over the place trying to sell you camel rides and all sorts! I don't like being hassled on holiday and found this extremely irritating. The tipping expectation was one I didn't fully prepare myself for. I'm used to tipping when I travel to the US and other places for work, but this was the worst I've ever experienced. We took a taxi (which we booked through the hotel) to Sharks bay on one of the days and gave the taxi driver something like 200 Egyptian pounds - he took his own tip off the change he gave back!! I think that's the norm out there but found it extremely rude of him to take whatever tip he deemed appropriate and just give me change after that was subtracted!!
On the plus side, his car did have good air con for what was a 40 degrees celsius day! And Sharks bay was perfect for snorkelling, the tropical fish are absolutely stunning and really brave! Not at all afraid of people. In fact, I think they even got a bit nippy with my sister.
It's a shame the beach wasn't like that on the resort.

I really didn't feel the hotel was worth what we paid for the week. We all got horrible tummy upsets which lasted a week!! Really unpleasant having to stay in the room feeling rather ill...
We were all more than ready to leave before our week was over.

Also it's worth mentioning that all the sun loungers are reserved by the towel guy at exactly 6am in the morning! We found this out the hard way after having woken up at 7, then 6 then 5:30 just to get a sun lounger! What more irritating is that some people who pay him to do this don't even turn up..... So either pay the towel guy to reserve you loungers or be prepared to get up at 5.30am to do this yourself.

Finally, the food... The buffet was lovely and of a high standard but it got very "samey" after a week. My sister went to the chinese al la carte and wasn't impressed at all. We all went to the steak house adults only and she and I both only managed to nibble at our plates, though the guys seemed to eat everything (except my bother in law who doesn't eat fish, so couldn't have two of the 5 set dishes). The pool bar had atrocious food and when we tried to ask if the ice cubed were from the taps we couldn't seem to get a straight answer from anyone as the English was very poor. I'm still not 100% certain but the receptionist seemed to think it was all bottled water.

I know all of this is quite negative and I'm really sorry to have to put a downer on the hotel after so many glowing reviews. I just felt it was very disappointing and my stomach still hasn't fully recovered!

On a plus side, the weather was amazing, the guys loved the steak al la carte, the Thomson reps were good and when our flight was delayed took care of us completely and kept us up to date. The buffet food was of a great standard and variety with very friendly serving staff by the pasta and hot meats. There was a lot of bottled water in the rooms, and on the upstairs bar. The entertainment was good - live singing and a fab belly dancer! Also, I have to say - despite the fact that it was Ramadan the hotel staff were really fantastic. Very friendly and upbeat and never once seemed to be in a bad mood or anything of the sort.

If you fancy a nicer hotel then maybe go to the Jaz Mirabel Beach - it was definitely nicer then the Park!

Room Tip: Upgrade if you can!
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
      Location
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
      Rooms
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Dejura
Ipswich, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2014

We have just returned from 10 days at the Park and what a time we had. We arrived at Sharm Airport late evening to be met by a lovely air conditioned coach (very welcome in the 40 degree heat) and a Thompson rep Mohammed (the first !) who was funny, friendly and gave us a couple of good tips about what to do and what not to do. As a single lady travelling with my daughter and her best friend; both 18, it was a relief that our first contact in Sharm was so reassuring and knowledgeable. Our arrival at the hotel took our breath away; it is stunningly beautiful with the friendliest staff I have ever met. The wonderful reception team welcome you with a drink; your cases are whisked up to your room and you immediately feel cosseted and pampered, Nothing is too much trouble. After a meal and a good night's sleep in a lovely room (ice cold air con) we spent the next 10 days luxuriating in everything the Park has to offer. Beautiful pool, waterslides, exceptional food (of which there is a huge choice), lovely private beach with drinks and food on tap and the jetty which is brilliant to stroll along marvelling at the clear waters, coral reefs and amazing marine life; all clearly visible. The sunset is magical. But the icing on the cake at the Park is the wonderful staff. Our cleaner Mahmoud was efficient and never intrusive and left us beautiful towel art daily. Our waiters, Ahmad Atta and Adam knew our drink preferences within 2 days and had them waiting for us on arrival; always smiling and joking around. The incredible chefs, especially Abdo who tosses omelettes like pancakes ! The pool guys, Amin and Thomas who somehow always made sure everyone got their favourite spot by the pool. All the pool waiters but especially Zizzu who would appear it seemed, the second you thought about getting another drink; I swear he is telepathic ! Mohammed, Mina and Sam the bar waiters who again remembered our drinks and produced them without being asked and last but not least, Vedo and Seif the animation team who we had so much fun with;water aerobics, dancing the bomba round the pool, karaoke in the bar, competitions and just all round lovely memories to treasure. Haitham our other Thompson rep was really great too, he arranged last minute for me to fly to Cairo and achieve my lifelong dream to see the pyramids, the sphinx and the museum, sorting a visa and arranging everything for me. we also went on the VIP boat trip and snorkelled from the beautiful boat. An amazing experience overseen by Mohammed the 1st again. Dinner at the Hard Rock Cafe was major fun; the girls loved it, and finally we went quad biking in the desert with Nabq Tours which is located opposite the hotel entrance; this was an incredible experience arranged by Costello and his team who looked after us brilliantly and gave us a wonderful afternoon of quad biking (total fun for any age), stopping in the mountains to shout our names and hear them echoed back to us and again to take tea with the Bedouin. Fantastic value for money and highly recommended. By the end of our holiday we felt part of a family and can't wait to go back. The fact that our holiday coincided with Ramadan when everyone fasts from early morning to about 7pm makes the incredible service even more impressive. Not once did any of the staff complain or let their high standards drop, we are truly grateful to them for that. They are all amazing people and we cant thank them enough. If you are thinking of holidaying here, go for it. You will have the holiday of a lifetime.

Room Tip: All the rooms are beautiful and overlook the pool but there are no lifts so if you cant manage stair...
6 Thank gillian936
Also consider these accommodations in or near Nabq Bay
Stella Di Mare Beach Hotel & Spa
Stella Di Mare Beach Hotel & Spa
#2 of 232 in Sharm El Sheikh
5.0 of 5 bubbles 4,102 reviews
Cleopatra Luxury Resort Sharm El Sheikh
Movenpick Resort Sharm El Sheikh Naama Bay
Movenpick Resort Sharm El Sheikh...
#14 of 232 in Sharm El Sheikh
SENTIDO Reef Oasis Senses Resort
SENTIDO Reef Oasis Senses Resort
#11 of 232 in Sharm El Sheikh
4.5 of 5 bubbles 2,279 reviews

Been to Jaz Mirabel Park? Share your experiences!