“Jaz Mirabel Park, Sharm el Sheikh”
Review of Jaz Mirabel Park

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Nabq Bay
Jaz Mirabel Park
Ranked #4 of 33 Hotels in Nabq Bay
Reviewed 17 August 2014

We have just returned from this hotel via a Thompson All Inclusive holiday. All 4 of us were impressed with the hotel, it was well run, the food was really good with a variety of foods for all tastes, the rooms were cleaned every day (although they could have washed the floors more as the dust did gather on them), overall quite clean and tidy. There are plenty of pools, sunbeds, and places to eat/drink. The beach was a 5 minute walk through the complex and it is advisable to wear water shoes as it does contain small pieces of coral which can be a tad sharp. The only thing I would like to see is a review of the evening entertainment which we found a bit boring. Overall a great trip which we all enjoyed.

Room Tip: Rooms on the ground floor by the pool are goof for families. Everywhere seemed to have a low noise l...
1  Thank SueHerne
There are newer reviews for Jaz Mirabel Park

Reviewed 15 August 2014 via mobile

We have just returned from a two week stay at this hotel.
Overall it was an ok holiday as my children made lots of friends and I met some lovely people too who made our holiday.
This was our 3rd visit to Sharm but 1st at this hotel,

Firstly, on arrival, it was a bit up in the air and hanging around for a while before we were taken on a golf buggy to our ground floor room. The room looked clean and functional and was opposite the pool.

Pool, it is def worth tipping on your first day to make sure you get a sunbed reserved for your stay. We did this and had no problems and I must say Mohamed is the most hardworking guy ever but always smiling and helps you in any way he can.
We experienced the pool being closed once due to certain guests with their child defecating in the pool! And the Pool with slides being closed due to a female guests sanitary product being discovered in there!!!
There were a lot of very rude non English guests who would remove towels etc from your sunbeds and settle themselves.
The floor is ridiculously slippy and the shower area is too, they should have mats down as people, especially children were always falling over, my daughter twice!
Things that let the pool area down were things like always sticky floors where drinks had been spilt but never cleaned properly and always bits of rubbish etc lying around.
Zihom who brings you drinks during the day is the loveliest guy ever and works so hard.
One thing that did annoy me was the lady from the hairdressing shop who spoke to us one day and insulted my mum about her looks etc as she didn't want a facial or threading dine. She was very offensive to my mum and we refused to spk to her after this.

Restaurants, during the day the snack bar was fine serving salads, burgers, pizzas etc. Mahmoud looked after us so well and always made sure we had great service. He wasn't there on the last couple of days and the service was very slow and not as attentive!
I absolutely hated the plastic cups they serve drinks in, they are like children's beakers!!! We had to send several back as the bottom of inside the cup was dirty brown!!
The Buffet restaurant was fine and ibrahim always looked after us, the food was standard for all inclusive and does get repetitive as do most buffet restaurants! It was always to high standard and there was always something you could find to eat.
It did have a canteen feel to it and was sometimes so busy with rude pushy guests who don't have any manners at all. My lil 9 year old got pushed several times and got quite upset that people didn't care.
The snack bar at the beach is good aswell, does jacket pots etc, we went there couple of times.
We went to the Italian one night which was ok not amazing!

Bar/ entertainment, it was ok but if you didn't get upstairs by 9pm it was hard to find a table outside, it did get boring to be honest but the children liked it. Not too keen on magic show where they have a bird they go round putting on your head quite roughly and let their goose run around looking distressed with hundreds of children chasing it.... It was mayhem!
Bahaar was great and always supplied us with drinks and a smile. Unfortunately on the last night a local guest got very aggressive towards him and a fight broke out and we didn't see Bahaar again! We did ask the manager the next morning and he assured us Bahaar was ok and his job was safe!
Drinks aren't great! We did struggle and the cocktails are not that good. The managers cocktail party was lovely and we did find a choc cocktail that was heavenly but not on the cocktail menu.

Rooms, it was ok, we had a family room, the first 10 days it was kept lovely but silly things let it down by not being cleaned sometimes til 6 pm and ev day we would only get 3 towels, even though there was 4 of us! We had to keep finding the room guy ev day to ask for more towels etc, was pretty frustrating. The last 4 nights we had a different room guy who never put toilet rolls or towels in. I was in bed suffering with and upset stomach and rang house keeping for towels and toilet rolls at 5pm..... Took til gone 6.30 to get towels and had to ring again at 11pm as still no toilet rolls! If you look closely the rooms aren't spotlessly clean and could be improved on so much! It's things like this that let it down!!
We didn't get any mosquito bites during our stay and just used boots repellent for our stay!
Also I came down so ill on our last night and saw the pharmacist the next day after throwing up aswell just before we were leaving for the airport and he gave me tablets that seem to work immediately!
My children both suffered with upset tummies but I think it's the sun etc not the food!

We booked a snorkelling trip with pyramid who come round to you during the day by the pool, Mido is lovely and we had a great day. All the guys on the trip were so lovely and great with the children, I def recommend this.
We also booked the Aqua park which we had been to before with pyramid, they dropped us off but forgot to pick us up which was so annoying as we were standing outside in the sun ( no shade) waiting for them! In the end we had waited 45 mins so had to get a taxi! We had paid £120 for this and then another £20 for a taxi! We saw Misi the next morn who was so sorry and didn't know why we were left waiting there, but got our taxi money reimbursed.

This could be a great hotel if there was just more attention to certain areas. But don't go there thinking its 5 star as it's more like a 3 star plus.
Not the luxurious break we were looking forward to but ok.

• Stayed: July 2014
3  Thank Cols17
Reviewed 12 August 2014

Just returned from a week at the Jaz Mirabel Park with my three children (17, 16 and 12). Booked an all-inclusive package with First Choice. Surpassed our expectations. Stayed in rooms 5306 and 5304 with views over the pool area. Rooms were very clean and Ahmed ensured they were well kept all week. Mohamed, the pool guy was brilliant and ensured we had the same sunbeds for the week, and Bahaa in the bar kept us well supplied with drinks.

Buffet meals were good and I'm sure even the fussiest eater can find something to tempt them. Pool area is very attractive and the weather predictably hot.

The only reason this didn't get 5 stars was the wifi - only 150mb free, then payable. Wifi was not available in the rooms, but sporadically on the balcony, and was a bit flaky although reasonably quick when connected.

2  Thank Cymru63
Reviewed 11 August 2014

We stayed here for two weeks. July 27th to August 9th in room 5259.
Apon arrival the hotel looks lush, the lobby area clean and shining looking. Looking out over the balcony out over the gardens and pool areas also looked clean and tidy. We were taken to our room by golf cart and our luggage taken to our room.
Room was clean looking on first impression, on the following day having a better look around you could see parts of the room were not as clean as they should be. After all I paid good money for this place to become my home for two weeks. House keeping seemed to swish over the place with a wet cloth not once did we smell any signs of disinfectant.

The pool area again looked clean but when you watch the pool attendants cleaning in the morning they use a bucket of water from the pool and scrape it down around the place. They also use the pool water to wipe the tables down next to your sun lounger.

Out side the dining room there was hand cleanser which nobody seems to use. The food was the same as any other hotel we have been to. Not really catering for the British (Welsh) be care full of the eggs in the morning they do not always cook properly. They will make things for you if asked, we wanted jacket potatoes so we then got some for the next few days. In the place we sat most days the wall behind the waiter there was food mess on it and a massive crack all the way up the wall.

Best meal of our holidays was in the Moon Light restaurant this is a defo place to book your Ala cart meal.

The entertainment in the evening was old and dated seen this in many Thomson Hotels over the years nothing has changed.
The Oasis bar around the pool is for snacks during the day, asked for more chips and I received a child's portion poor.
Drinks were brought to you while you were sunbathing through the day by Zinhom what a hard working man and very nice. Mohammed the towel man was brilliant every day kept you a sun bed and pad we tipped him and all the other bar men and waiters for the job they do. Fab staff all around the place

The shopping area on the complex is sufficient enough for everyday things. Be care full of the shop owners as they try to drag you in when you only want to look at first. Go to the small shop with small prices number 83 very nice man.

Around the pool during the day you get various people coming up to you trying to sell you trips spa days and beauty treatments. Book trips with the rep this is safer the beauty treatment guy sells you treatments but they are expensive. My wife had her nails done but had to return a few days later to have them redone over and over.

Visitors we had at the end of the first week after Ramadam were dirty people how do you leave your children do their mess in the pool various times. During our two week stay they closed the pool for use 5 times, not once was the pool totally emptied and only once did I smell Clorene in the water. I'll in bed with the runs for what ever reason cost us £42 for tablets, my wife had a bad stomach all of the holidays.
After this I do not think I would return to Egypt or this hotel

Room Tip: All rooms have a pool view so do not pay any extra
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank UZH10
Reviewed 10 August 2014 via mobile

I went here with my partner on our first couples holiday in the first week on August. We both can't fault this hotel and the staff.
We stayed in the Park and it was fantastic.Our room was lovely, nice big comfy double bed in a huge spacious room going out onto the balcony over looking the gardens and swimming pool. Rooms are spotlessly clean, our room cleaner (Hamada) was brilliant, so efficient and friendly- he left us brilliant towel art everyday and even did us a special one on our anniversary!
Hotel grounds are very well maintained, staff are out there everyday, all day keeping it all up to best presentation. The shops on the grounds are good to have a look around- they do ask you
to go in a lot but once you get talking to them there all really nice! We had our favourite shop which was 'Marcus shop' number 30 and 32 (i think!!) he sold us snorkerling equipment and some good quality fake clothes. Marcus is very nice and has good prices which he lowers for you!
We did a few excursions- VIP boat trip, That friday feeling, The old market & Soho square. I would recommend all of them, enjoyed all! The Thompson holiday rep (Hisam) was really helpful and gave us lots of tips!
Food in hotel was really nice, huge choice for all types of eaters! All of the food is presented beautifully.
We also went to the onsite Spa, they can be pushy when you enquire about them saying you need 2/3 for your stay to make your tan last etc but just be stern with them and say what you want! We had a full body coconut scrub which was really nice. Be sure to haggle with then and get price down!! They say it includes Sauna, Steam room & the jacuzzi bath but they are free anyway.

Lastly, on excursions you drop of/pick up people from different hotels and i would defiantly say that Jaz Mirabel looks the nicest, we were relieved that we picked the best when we saw the others!!

Hope this is helpful, enjoy your stay.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 August 2014

Just returned from a 7 night stay all inclusive with wife and 2 kids (12 yr old and 8 yr old) at the Jaz Mirabel Park (room 5261). Hotel was clean, pool area always kept clean. Many thanks to the room cleaner (Salah) who always ensured our rooms were tidied daily and the pool guy (Mohammed) who after the first day ensured we had the same sun loungers in the spot we preferred daily. There was always a good variety of food so kids never went with out and the pool bar / food area was also great. The staff start to remember your favourite drinks so will always bring drinks to you or atleast ask if you want any. Generally the overall staff were great and always willing to help us with anything.

Evening entertainment was pretty average, however we ventured out to Namma bay, Soho square, old market etc in the evenings anyway. Namma Bay - well worth a visit. Great atmosphere and shopping.

The only thing I would reccommend the hotel do is improve things to do for kids. Kids club was almost non-existant and if like my kids they need to be kept entertained all the time. Hotel needs a proper kids club team who focus around the kids and activities through the day and evening

This is not a negative just a recommendation that with a well teamed, organised and structured kids club this would take the make the hotel a complete package for all adults and kids. None the less still a superb hotel and to make it exceptional needs a proper kids club / animation team.

None of my family got ill, no stomach bugs. Not one mossi bite between the 4 of us. We had a family room. Superb air -con. Cold all the time and much needed after a day in the sun.

We tipped all staff who went that little extra for us on the last day.

Overall superb hotel. Would definitely recommend to all.

6  Thank mandy065
Reviewed 5 August 2014

The hotel itself was absolutely gorgeous and you can't fault it. It was perfect. The pools were always clean along with the bedrooms. The restaurant always had a large variety of food for adults and kids, and changed daily. The lunch menu at the pool bar could have had a wider selection.

Whilst sat around the pool, I didn't have to move, apart from getting in and out the water. As soon as my glass was emptied, a member of staff was by my side taking my cup away for a re-fill. Now that is what a relaxing holiday is all about.

In the evenings, bar still were very friendly and made a real effort with my family. The only fault is that the entertainment was not very good at all for the adults. There was lots for children mind, but the only thing in the evening to do was drink or go to bed.

Overall we had an amazing stay at the hotel and I would definitely return. The hotel mall and the beauty parlour here were great and my pedicure was amazing.

Room Tip: Get a room away from the bar, it can be loud at night time.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
#21 of 33 in Nabq Bay
Rixos Seagate Sharm
Rixos Seagate Sharm
#2 of 33 in Nabq Bay

Been to Jaz Mirabel Park? Share your experiences!