“"an honest opinion"” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Jaz Mirabel Park

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Nabq Bay
Jaz Mirabel Park
Ranked #4 of 32 Hotels in Nabq Bay
Doncaster, United Kingdom
“"an honest opinion"”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 August 2014

We met lovely people and made the most of it this is where my praise stops.
Simply put the place was dirty and things happened around the pool area i never wish to witness again.
We were all ill and still are after being home a week.
Think twice the hotel has some serious hygene issues which need addressing quickly.
It is the first time i have been to Egypt and unfortunately the last.
Sorry Jaz mirabel i really wanted to say i had a fantistic holiday of a lifetime but feel robbed out of £4k.

Sleep Quality
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
9 Thank 20ady1976

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (520)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 August 2014

Arrived late at night, after what seemed like the longest flight ever, to be pleasantly surprised, a lovely waterfall entrance, fruit cocktail on arrival, we were shown to our rooms which were very large and spacious. The hotel provided us with a meal which was much needed.
The next day we found our way around, got to know the staff who were all wonderful, looking after our every need, from sun beds to continuous drinks. Our only issue was the chamber maid (man) who made the most beautiful swans and heart towel decorations was so busy creating them that he would forget to replace soaps, shampoo, toilet rolls and water and we had to constantly remind him, plus a bulb in out room needed replacing but never was. He was always very polite and helpful and on our last day with the confusion of packing I forgot my neckless, which he found and chased after me to return it.
I have never seen so many staff constantly cleaning all day long.

Room Tip: Ground floor or first floors are best
2 Thank Enrica F
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 August 2014

Just back from a two week trip at the Jaz Mirabel Park.
Travelled with my husband and four kids. We have enjoyed our stay but I do think this hotel could improve on quite a few things. Firstly it is not five star, more three star!!!!!
The staff are such hard workers and do their up most to make your stay an enjoyable one.
I do think they were over worked as we had been told the hotel was 95% full and this was the first time in years they had been this busy. Lots of new staff being trained.

I would recommended you tip the pool guy who will sort your sun beds out during your trip.
We did this and we had six sun beds by the steps so we could chill and watch the kids play. Perfect!!! Not having to worry and you relax and turn up when it suited us.
Their is a waiter who goes around the pool for the best part of the day delivering drinks...... I do think they could of done with two of these waiters. By the time he gets back the drinks are getting warm. Also I really think they need to rethink the child's beakers they use for drinks. They smell and are never washed correctly. No wonder people are always coming down with stomach bugs.
Safety at the slides is non-existent!! They are three guys who are very happy to blow their whistles at everything and everybody but they have no control on the situation. Adults & children are just flinging themselves down the slides with no clue as to weather it is safe to go!!!! Some of the slides do not work with enough water flowing down them so the kids just end up walking or bum shuffling to get off. Then a bigger adult will come flying down taking out the child at the bottom. This really is a major accident waiting to happen. My four year son was stuck in the curly white slide when my husband thought it was safe to go...... Came flying down and smacked feet first into my son's back. Luckily he was only bruised, how he never broke his back I will never know!!!! This really needs to be managed more carefully.
The pool area is quite dangerous. We would see adults & children slip all over the place. They could do with putting down some safety mats. My kids slipped several times on a hard wet tiled floor.

The food is ok...... Lots of selection, but quite similar most nights. You will always find something to eat. Having done all-inclusive before........ It will always feel like a school canteen. By the time you sort the kids, get your's...... The kids want ice-cream. You never feel like you eat together and can enjoy a meal. You just eat as quick as you can and go. They have four Al a Carte restaurants on site..... We went to the Italian. Be warned they have a very strict dress code for men..... Trouser no dress shorts of any kind. But the women can walk-in in dresses barely covering their backsides. We had to sit outside and was not allowed to sit inside the restaurant!!! My husband was not very happy, as while we were seated an Egyptian TV star who had being staying at the hotel was asked if he would like to sit inside or outside. He was wearing dress shorts. He choose to sit outside........ We were ready, along with other short wearing guest's to kick-off!!!!!!! The food here is ok, not great and not Al a Carte.

We joined Thomson's for a day trip to a water park. We did enjoy this day but the Thomson's rep was near useless. We were told part of the package the kids get a water gun and he was around to assist us if we had any problems. Yeah right!!!! The second we were in the door he disappears and was found hiding away drinking coffee. We spent an hour of our morning trying to locate him, as my kids did not have a water gone and others did. We had to chase three times..... To be told they were at the gate when we walked in. If they were I would not have been chasing them!!!! This rep should have made sure all his guest were happy and sorted before he disappears for an easy day of drinking coffee. To be honest all they done was eat, drink & swim...... Hard life!!!!!!!

I did experience the Egyptian belly!! Spent one day of my holiday in bed. I truly think this is part & parcel of a trip to Egypt. I have been four times to Egypt and first time I have been ill. It is normally my husband who was fine.

The entertainment is very, very dated and really does not inspire you to stay and enjoy a drink.
We went out several nights just to get away from it.

Overall we have had a lovely holiday and met super people..... Guest's & staff.
I think this could be a fabulous hotel if they just improved on certain areas.
Great staff.......... And it really does pay to tip the staff. They can make or break a good holiday.
For a few dollars they really do look after you.

Room Tip: Ask for a ground floor room near if you have trouble walking. Lots of stairs to get to the lobby. Wo...
5 Thank Caro1234616
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 August 2014

Me and my wife stayed there for our honeymoon for 10 days from 7th August in room 2389, I must it was the most amazing holiday we have ever been on, and we are definitely going back next summer.
The staff at the hotel, bars, and snack bars were the most humble, polite and helpful ever, and especially when we tipped them they really would go out there way for us, we felt like royalty.
The room we had was one of the best they had, on the 2nd floor, decent sized room, comfortable bed, and a big terrace, it was cleaned spotlessly every day, towels and loo roll topped up well, we had issues with the aircon for a night, when we reported it, was sorted by the time we got back from the pool, from a night of sweating and stuggling to sleep cause of the heat, we froze then on once it was sorted, that was good.
The pool guys, Osama and Galam we the most helpful guys when we needed a nice spot by the pool, first few nights we sat in the shade, when we told Osama and Galam we wanted a good spot they moved our sun loungers to a perfect spot with maximum sun on us, and made sure we had a table and ashtray, we had the very spot for 5-6 days straight thanks to them.
The pool bar guys were great, always gave us ice when we didn't ask for it, always came round asking us for a top up.
The restaurant had a amazing choice of foods, we never had the same meal twice, food trays were always topped up so we didn't wait for long.
The beach was walking distance but didn't stop there much longer than a hour, guess it was too quiet and the sand got too hot for us to walk on when we wanted to go in the water.

Overall we loved the place that much that decided to want to go back next year days into our holiday, normally me the misses want a new destination every year, the weather is so perfect, we both got great tans, minus the her getting a lil sunburnt, the place, the country, the people were the best, palm trees, clear water sea, hot sun, it's pure paradise!

• Stayed August 2014
      Location
6 Thank Viperz43
Llandovery, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 August 2014

The hotel staff were generally fantastic. Nothing was too much trouble (if you tipped). The rooms were clean although there is an issue with Red ants but that may just be Egypt in general. The First Choice rep at the hotel was not the most approachable of men, he was Egyptian but his English is good. There seemed to be some crossed wires between First Choice and the hotel which EVENTUALLY was sorted when we left. The slides are not all they appear. Although four out of the five are nearly always working the yellow centre slide was very hit and miss as to when it was open and the two blue slides had so little water running down them that the children were actually walking or "Shuffling" to the bottom. This was the same with the white slide that had the tunnel over it so the only slide that actually fullfilled its function was the almost vertical white one which my 8 year old daughter (Who loves slides and swimming) refused to attempt.
The food was acceptable. There was plenty of choice if you are prepared to experiment slightly, although my daughter did survive perfectly well on spaghetti bolognaise for diner every evening. The pool side restaurant is good for the day snacks and is clean and the food there is very good. We were told that the Italian restaurant is all inclusive for First Choice customers between 12 midnight and 4 am for pizza but the hotel does not always honour this apparently so check your bill well before you check out. There are no lifts at all on site so I found it difficult to go to the shops as it was upstairs and then downstairs but that is a minor thing. The entertainment leaves a LOT to be desired. Dont be fooled by the promise of kids club, childrens disco as you will be very dissappointed. There is nothing for the children during the day except swimming in the pool. There are no games for them to play. The evening entertainment is adult based unless your child is particulary into a man singing (badly) kareoke, a saxophone player, a belly dancer or Egyptian and Russian Kareoke!!
Overall I found the hotel staff polite, the hotel was generally clean. I think maybe overpriced and nothing for the children to do so harldy a relaxing holiday if you only have one child. Given the option again I would pay the extra an stay at the Holiday Village down the road, as it cost us to go out most nights to find something to do.

Devon
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 August 2014 via mobile

We have just retuned from a weeks stay at the hotel. The hotel is lovely but we all came back with upset tummies which from a four star hotel you would not expect. The nightly entertainment was poor and do not buy goods from the hotel watch shop. They don't work when you return to the uk. Ali sells them and they look good but don't work properly.

Stayed August 2014
1 Thank Kiaolivia1
Canterbury, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 August 2014

We have just returned from this hotel via a Thompson All Inclusive holiday. All 4 of us were impressed with the hotel, it was well run, the food was really good with a variety of foods for all tastes, the rooms were cleaned every day (although they could have washed the floors more as the dust did gather on them), overall quite clean and tidy. There are plenty of pools, sunbeds, and places to eat/drink. The beach was a 5 minute walk through the complex and it is advisable to wear water shoes as it does contain small pieces of coral which can be a tad sharp. The only thing I would like to see is a review of the evening entertainment which we found a bit boring. Overall a great trip which we all enjoyed.

Room Tip: Rooms on the ground floor by the pool are goof for families. Everywhere seemed to have a low noise l...
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
#2 of 232 in Sharm El Sheikh
5.0 of 5 bubbles 4,102 reviews
Cleopatra Luxury Resort Sharm El Sheikh
Movenpick Resort Sharm El Sheikh Naama Bay
Movenpick Resort Sharm El Sheikh...
#14 of 232 in Sharm El Sheikh
SENTIDO Reef Oasis Senses Resort
SENTIDO Reef Oasis Senses Resort
#11 of 232 in Sharm El Sheikh
4.5 of 5 bubbles 2,278 reviews

Been to Jaz Mirabel Park? Share your experiences!